2020 Women's T20 World Cup - India v Australia Final - Sun 8 March, 6pm AEDT

What lame headline will adorn The Daily Cricketer Times following the Women's T20 World Cup?

• New Zealand Saved By Priest And Devine Int-Kerr-vention? You Bates Believe It

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

7 runs required off the last 4 balls, with their most prominent boundary hitters back in the shed. Yeah nah I think they were in some danger of losing that.

The only reason England didn't get 130 is because they were trying to choke... such mental gymnastics get you nowhere, doesn't constitute real observation of what's happening out on the field.

7 off 4 is relatively comfortable though. I cannot possibly give England more than I have, I've basically marked every team out of 10, and adjusted them according to a grading system. England's best games were against the poorest nations in this World Cup. As I said there are great signs moving forward, if this WC game in 2 years they'd be close to favourites, there are a lot of young players just coming through for them

CA more interested in the PR they'd gain from allowing a huge attendance for the final than the safety of the attendees.

The organisation is a sh*tstain on Australian sport.

It’s one person though. They know the bay, they will get everyone tested. We can’t just stop living you know.

CA more interested in the PR they'd gain from allowing a huge attendance for the final than the safety of the attendees.

The organisation is a sh*tstain on Australian sport.
It’s one person though. They know the bay, they will get everyone tested. We can’t just stop living you know.
on top of the fact that person is only guessing they contracted it at the stadium, and could have easily got it on the train there or any other public place they'd been to that day or the preceding few days. it's a furphy to say anybody got infected from that event as the total cases in Victoria at the time was about 6.

on top of the fact that person is only guessing they contracted it at the stadium, and could have easily got it on the train there or any other public place they'd been to that day or the preceding few days. it's a furphy to say anybody got infected from that event as the total cases in Victoria at the time was about 6.
Total reported cases. Actual cases would've been much higher.

Indeed. "Actual" is an unknown quantity, unfortunately, so hard to use in any situation where you're quoting a figure.
There was a really great article I read with some statistical analysis that had fairly good estimates based on data from China. A fair way off the point of this thread, but here it is if you're interested in the read:

There was a really great article I read with some statistical analysis that had fairly good estimates based on data from China. A fair way off the point of this thread, but here it is if you're interested in the read:

I have read that medium article. It does a bunch of extrapolating that anybody who understands simple virus dynamics can make similar guesses... it may not be very accurate, considering the writer doesn't have experience in medicine, epidemiology, statistics or public health and how wildly estimations and calculations can vary based on environmental factors, especially in epidemiology.

I have read that medium article. It does a bunch of extrapolating that anybody who understands simple virus dynamics can make similar guesses... it may not be very accurate, considering the writer doesn't have experience in medicine, epidemiology, statistics or public health and how wildly estimations and calculations can vary based on environmental factors, especially in epidemiology.
Fair call. But at least serves the purpose of making clear there is definitely many more cases of the virus in Melbourne than just the 8 reported at the time. I think I assumed some statistics credentials of the author, but was obviously wrong.

Page for the Australian women's team is up on the Don Award board.

Back