List Mgmt. 2021 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope you are right. IIRC Dawson grew up in Robe. I would be sending him a live Crayfish and half dozen King George Whiting every day.
Yep, Robe (4hrs to Adel). Gould, Lucindale (4). Stephens, Mildura (4.5). Hewett, Port Broughton (2). The difference would be is that during the season it'd be easier for family to visit them, but you'd still probably do it over a few days, which you can do to Sydney anyway (Covid aside).

Dawson is our best chance of a first rounder - probably a late 1st rounder.

Carlton paid absurd overs for Saad and while I like to think we could get a top 10 pick for Dawson I cannot see it happening, unless there is a serious competition between Port and the Crows

Better hope it's Port then as Adelaide aint giving a top 5 pick for Dawson as good as he is for us. Port's first is about the mark. He's worth way more to us than what we'd get.

How do we get another first rounder? I'm really starting to like some of the 10-20 bracket players, I think there's an opportunity here to hit the draft and bring in a few needs

Easiest option is packaging our second with a player, maybe a Dawson type. That said not sure we need to go this route.

Better hope it's Port then as Adelaide aint giving a top 5 pick for Dawson as good as he is for us. Port's first is about the mark. He's worth way more to us than what we'd get.

We may pay the penalty for the 300 Club.

I am now really hoping we trade JPK to the GoCo. yep he is contracted and we might get a 3rd Rounder for him.

We may pay the penalty for the 300 Club.

I am now really hoping we trade JPK to the GoCo. yep he is contracted and we might get a 3rd Rounder for him.

Na can't agree, so long as JPK has a particular role I'd want him here. He has had an outstanding year so he'd still be in our best two or three mids. The issue I do have is if his form tapers next year. Does the club have it in them to not play him. We'll wait and see there I guess. I'd look at packaging Hewett for a mid range pick, that we might be able to package with out second to move up.

Just a feeling. He is gettable & we'll give him the cash & he has bums on seats factor.
That is worth plenty when the Swans consider a player's pay packet.
He may only be worth 500k to the Bombers where they are at but I can see us paying such a personality the extra 300k he may be chasing.
Not sure I like that but Stringer will excite an audience more tham a Billings would.
He'd bring an extra 5,000 people to the game if he is on consistently. Fitness the only issue but gettable IMO.
There is ZERO chance the Swans pay a bum like Stringer IMO.
Sure he's a good player - but his rep (based on previous actions) trash the Swans brand.

Na can't agree, so long as JPK has a particular role I'd want him here. He has had an outstanding year so he'd still be in our best two or three mids. The issue I do have is if his form tapers next year. Does the club have it in them to not play him. We'll wait and see there I guess. I'd look at packaging Hewett for a mid range pick, that we might be able to package with out second to move up.

do you watch footy?

You don’t re-sign a player that’s played 250+ Games for the club, 3x b&f winner, 3x all Australian to a one year contract then do an about face a few months later and try to ship him off to a rabble up north. You’ll destroy a club culture that took decades to build in a heart beat.

You don’t re-sign a player that’s played 250+ Games for the club, 3x b&f winner, 3x all Australian to a one year contract then do an about face a few months later and try to ship him off to a rabble up north. You’ll destroy a club culture that took decades to build in a heart beat.

Pretty much. He's also still playing well right now. I just hope he's playing the same this time next year, lets hope so.

I think if we told him we were trading him then he would probably retire
Would have thought he was a good option for GC to offer a 1 yr player, plus assistant coach the following type of deal.
But maybe Dew isn't safe so hard offer to make.

No idea if JPK wants coaching future - and moving a young family around...probably not now he's signed a 1 yr deal with us. He's prob set financially and not worth moving to GC for an assistant coach salary.

There is ZERO chance the Swans pay a bum like Stringer IMO.
Sure he's a good player - but his rep (based on previous actions) trash the Swans brand.
We've signed plenty of bad apples In the past. Their past doesn't matter so long as they buy in. Shaw, Hall, Lockett all had awful reputations before coming to the Swans

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see your Shaw, Hall, Lockett & raise you a Spider.
It keeps getting quoted that Sydney has a "no dickhead" policy. This is correct but I think the policy is "don't act like a dickhead". We have plenty of players who have been huge dickheads in the past, but we demand them to behave differently while at the Swans

i'd prefer degoey to stringer ... but that's like being asked ' do you want a punch in the head or a kick in the bollocks?'

I wouldn't with JDG's off field things, and also what position are we playing him? He's outstanding when he's on...pity that's 1 game in 8

JDG may be playing for the Port Phillip 1st xviii by years end. Even if not he can barely string two words together. PASS

Stringer is like extreme Reid - plays his best when the Manager and Club are opening contract talks. PASS

Parish, narkle and Ross all out of contract
Narkle very rarely stars and very rarely has a bad game. He is the epitome of a player you can bank on to a job week in week out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back