List Mgmt. 2021 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stephens may be the next Membrey who was pushed out by an extension for Goodes. Stephens forced out by Kennedy, a possibility.

We are a very loyal club and really looks after the superstars with contracts when over thirty and even look after average players for trades for more game time or money if they can help them.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk

Stephens may be the next Membrey who was pushed out by an extension for Goodes. Stephens forced out by Kennedy, a possibility.

We are a very loyal club and really looks after the superstars with contracts when over thirty and even look after average players for trades for more game time or money if they can help them.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
If we believe he is good enough he will stay. He will know where he is at and so will the coaches. Just because he is not getting games does not mean anything. Hello everyone. We have arrived. We have a good team with really good players in it. Yes we are young. But some players, especially in defence on the fringes are not getting games. Maybe they just need more time, more coaching, more preseasons. All this talk that xyz is no good or is leaving is premature.

problem with Stephens is that if he sees himself good enough for best 22 each week, but the club ATM doesn't, he will start looking for club that will play him.

I think Stephens will become a good player.

But I don't think he was ready to play in the seniors for most of last season. He took a while to get used to the pace of the game and sometimes struggled to make an impact against bigger bodies. It was only at the end of the season that he started to look comfortable around the contest and seemed less rushed when he did get the ball.

I don't see him as automatic best 22. I think he will be in and out of the side. Which may not be a bad thing for his development. On reflection even Florent and Hayward were probably not physically ready to play every week in their 2nd seasons.

And I am happy for some of the lower profile players that did get selected. CoR may not get many opportunities but he played well and got another game. Fox is one of the hardest trainers at the club, got injured at a bad time but is now playing his first game of the season.

Last edited:
I think Stephens will become a good player.

But I don't think he was ready to play in the seniors for most of last season. He took a while to get used to the pace of the game and sometimes struggled to make an impact against bigger bodies. It was only at the end of the season that he started to look comfortable around the contest and seemed less rushed when he did get the ball.

I don't see him as automatic best 22. I think he will be in and out of the side. Which may not be a bad thing for his development. On reflection even Florent and Hayward were probably not physically ready to play every week in their 2nd seasons.

And I am happy for some of the lower profile players that did get selected. CoR may not get many opportunities but he played well and got another game. Fox is one of the hardest trainers at the club, got injured at a bad time but is now playing his first game of the season.
Let’s be honest, Warner looked ordinary last year. I had little hope for him ...

Stephens needs to work on whatever the coaches are telling him. If he gets it right, he (hopefully) will have his breakout game and be part of our run to the finals.

By the way what hyperbole. He’s dropped once, and bloody hell does the sky fall fast around here? He could be back in two weeks and play his best game.

It doesn’t hurt to just think logically for a moment instead of assuming he’s so unhappy and we’re trading him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why is Blakey in the group.

Honestly I can't believe we are even using this image as a reference point.

Next we'll be using horoscopes to determine who we will be drafting.

May as well. Psychic Sam says the stars are about to align and we'll be in the top 4 by the end of this round and be taking the last pick in the mid season draft!

Yeah, i just made up....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FWIW..... not much. I know. I think Ling gets another year, Stephens signs for 3 and Blakey stays one more year but does go to NM in the end.

I still think our biggest call is Kennedy, does he play on or not? We need to make space....

We should be aiming to get another 2nd rounder too, this draft is deeper than most people think and has a better variety of positions covered.

FWIW..... not much. I know. I think Ling gets another year, Stephens signs for 3 and Blakey stays one more year but does go to NM in the end.

I still think our biggest call is Kennedy, does he play on or not? We need to make space....

We should be aiming to get another 2nd rounder too, this draft is deeper than most people think and has a better variety of positions covered.

Kennedy has already signed on for next year

By the way what hyperbole. He’s dropped once, and bloody hell does the sky fall fast around here? He could be back in two weeks and play his best game.

It doesn’t hurt to just think logically for a moment instead of assuming he’s so unhappy and we’re trading him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sydney has already signed a few younger players so Most of the speculation has come from him not re-signing yet so it’s perfectly understandable he’s in a few conversations.

I think also the list management staff think a few years ahead.

Eg players like Ling or Gould might not play many games this season which could lead to a push to delist them. But in 2022/2023 we might need that type of player. And subsequently it could take a few seasons to draft and develop a small defender and a third tall.

There is also uncertainty with the future. Blakey's father might not still be coaching at North Melbourne in the future which might it less likely that he ends up there etc.

I think also the list management staff think a few years ahead.

Eg players like Ling or Gould might not play many games this season which could lead to a push to delist them. But in 2022/2023 we might need that type of player. And subsequently it could take a few seasons to draft and develop a small defender and a third tall.

There is also uncertainty with the future. Blakey's father might not still be coaching at North Melbourne in the future which might it less likely that he ends up there etc.
bolded bid x1000. List managers are not like supporters on club boards. They think long term not “wow Johnny played well the last month let’s get him”.

Why is Blakey in the group.

Honestly I can't believe we are even using this image as a reference point.

Next we'll be using horoscopes to determine who we will be drafting.
I need to quote this at you some point in the off season

Kennedy has already signed on for next year

Has he actually signed?
There was a report in April that said he had a one year offer on the table but I haven’t seen anything confirming that he has agreed to it.

There was an interview with him on Swans website on 29/4 and he didn’t give a firm commitment:

Q: “And Josh what about you mate? How are you holding up? And are you keen to go on next year?”

Josh: “yeah, I’m holding up well, uh, I haven’t, you know, really considered next year but um yeah at this stage it’s all good.”

He was asked a further question about whether the start and the youth would see him want to play on but he dodged that as well.

It’s at about 7:10:

Not 100% convinced he will play on yet.

I reckon JPK is a bit like Peter Siddle. Sids is one of those fellas who will still be trundling in during his 50s. JPK seems a bit the same and will be playing footy in some comp well into his 40s. If he does not get a contract, we could do worse than appoint him as Captain Coach of the ressies.

“Swans co-captain Josh Kennedy is also heading towards a new one-year deal. His co-skipper Luke Parker has started talks with Sydney as well. “

“SYDNEY ruckman Sam Naismith has been wiped off the free agency list after quietly signing a contract extension for next year.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back