List Mgmt. 2021 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good strong words from Harley on Dawson.

He would be the first player in a number of years (and I am including Mitchell here) where the club really wanted to retain and were comfortable they would. Previously we had been happy to assist players to get where they wanted as we felt we could cover or better utilise the $$$.

We are not going to be taking a deal for Dawson early unless it is pick 4.

Expect this one to be done on the last day in the last hour unless the Crows come to the party.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Invested a lot in him. Lots of injuries and stuck with him. Comes good and he leaves. Swans are pissed!! I suspect if we don’t get the pick we want we will stand firm. Worth 10-15 alone

Invested a lot in him. Lots of injuries and stuck with him. Comes good and he leaves. Swans are pissed!! I suspect if we don’t get the pick we want we will stand firm. Worth 10-15 alone

To be fair, not trading him out until the last or second last day would be a win in my books. At least seems like we have stood our ground from an external POV

And another graph from the draft boards on Picks in Premiership teams. The only other team to come close to the Dees was Hawks 2008 team.

View attachment 1251052
Gee we are the serious outlier there.

Impressive late recruiting.

No correspondence suggesting that is because we are rubbish with early picks will be considered. :)

Last edited:
Interesting the last two Non Vic teams to win a GF were us and the Eagles.

It's a shame that I was too young to really enjoy the Vic whinging that must have come during the 2001-2006 run of interstate teams winning the flag. What a glorious time that would have been.

For a foundation club born in Victoria and existing there for the vast majority of our history, with the majority of our premierships won as a Victorian club, a lot of our supporters really seem to hate Victorians.

It's a shame that I was too young to really enjoy the Vic whinging that must have come during the 2001-2006 run of interstate teams winning the flag. What a glorious time that would have been.
Glorious as in vomit inducing?
The VFL whine was painful and inevitably led to our trade ban a decade later.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For a foundation club born in Victoria and existing there for the vast majority of our history, with the majority of our premierships won as a Victorian club, a lot of our supporters really seem to hate Victorians.
No.
We hate what the Victorian boys club have done to the Swans since we dared to draft a forward after winning a premiership.

Any credibility afl officialdom had was burnt the night Fitzpatrick abused Colless for recruiting someone within the rules. No bigfatprick.... neither the swans nor Colless were cheats. You were/are for trying to force a biased outcome because it suited you and your own view of the future of the game. As Colless correctly put it.....behaviour like a Mafia Don. Decisions arent pure of bias on field by umpires or off by officials. if they were we wouldn't have a 50 year contract for GF to be played at MCG and the swans would be premiers 2016. My way of dealing with this is to hate the Victorian boys club with a vengeance. They disgust me.

the swans would be premiers 2016.

The players are the sole reason we weren't the premiers in 2016. The majority didn't perform on the day. Blaming the umpiring is an easy out on that group of players.

The umpiring was just as shocking in 2012 and yet we still won that game. It just gets overlooked because of the result.

We turn up in 2016 and umpiring is not even brought up.

Pick 23, 31 & 37 (1904) are worth more than picks 26, 28 & 38 (1871)

Doggies will want less picks, they can't collect a lot of late garbage picks like we could in the past
I’m not sure you want to trade 23, 31 and 37 for 17….. unless it’s due to no list spots…..also when dogs and pies take their players- the picks in the 30s may actually be better….

The players are the sole reason we weren't the premiers in 2016. The majority didn't perform on the day. Blaming the umpiring is an easy out on that group of players.

The umpiring was just as shocking in 2012 and yet we still won that game. It just gets overlooked because of the result.

Agree. The Franklin ankle in the first 10 minutes didn't help matters either. Having said that who knew if he was even right going in.

Blaming anyone other than the umps is un-Australian.

Really poor form there Robbie.

Scull a schooner & declare an ump to be a bald headed flog immediately as penance.

Say what anyone might want to say about 2016, but there is zero way the umpiring was as bad in 2012 as 2016. One team didn't go almost 3 quarters playing 'perfect' football in 2012 like the dogs did in 2016 for starters.

Agree. The Franklin ankle in the first 10 minutes didn't help matters either. Having said that who knew if he was even right going in.
18 frees to 4 at 3Q time?
We finished as the clear top & best team in the land meaning we understood what the rules were all year yet we suddenly became undisciplined in applying the rules in the biggest game of the year. Hence we could only be given 4 free kicks in 3 quarters of football.

Sure we can also throw blame at the players but that was an all time Australian sporting injustice by the competition's adjudicators on the biggest stage.
Nobody can ever make me think any differently.

1633143936197.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back