T20I 2021 ICC Men's T20 World Cup - Non-Australia games

Remove this Banner Ad

The format of this is so self-defeating - holding warm-up games for the 'big' teams while the tournament has already started? And they'll be using it again next year, thankfully gone by 2024.

Here's hoping Oman knocks out Bangladesh.
yep for me it definitely undermine and devalues the lesser teams at this tournament.

The thing with Oman half way through their innings, they were on top of the match. Where the difference lie, was the experience of the Bangladeshis.

Its important to give these minnows as much exposure to the developed nations in order for the game to grow and expand. They aren't that far off- is the point I am trying to get at.

The thing with Oman half way through their innings, they were on top of the match. Where the difference lie, was the experience of the Bangladeshis.

Its important to give these minnows as much exposure to the developed nations in order for the game to grow and expand. They aren't that far off- is the point I am trying to get at.
Bangladesh is an example of this exact point.

Exactly right, it’s great having the tournament played in associate nations. To see the facilities are amazing

Namibia won toss and elected to field first

Netherlands (Playing XI): Max ODowd, Stephan Myburgh, Bas de Leede, Colin Ackermann, Ryan ten Doeschate, Scott Edwards(w), Roelof van der Merwe, Pieter Seelaar(c), Logan van Beek, Timm van der Gugten, Fred Klaassen

Namibia (Playing XI): Stephan Baard, Zane Green(w), Craig Williams, Gerhard Erasmus(c), David Wiese, JJ Smit, Michael van Lingen, Jan Frylinck, Jan Nicol Loftie-Eaton, Ruben Trumpelmann, Bernard Scholtz

Tough dropping for Ben Cooper. Got run out by his partner for a first ball duck in the 1st match and dropped.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I'm sorry but Warner has to be dropped, in woeful form and it is to close to the start of the tournament to persist with him. Open Stoinis and slot Inglis in at #6.

Finch and Warner is just not filling me with any confidence. Throw Inglis up there or something.
It’s an indictment on the selectors that we’re going into a WC with that opening pair. They’ve been ordinary for some time.

The standard and quality of the minnows has improved dramatically ( long way to go ) , its great to see and great for the game

Warners cooked, has been for 12-18 months .

Would be very suprised if we got out of the group stage

I was about to post that as I was under the assumption top 4 would go through, I looked it up and it's top 2. There is basically zero chance we get through, this team is the definition of ordinary.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back