Injury 2021 injury thread, brought to you by Kevin White and AIA

Remove this Banner Ad

How do people not understand that he was saying "no hamstring, no problem" regarding Beau working out in the same way that, for instance, Geelong fans would say "no Danger, no problem" when they were winning while Danger was sidelined earlier this season?

He wasn't saying "no hamstring injury," he was making a humourous comment that Beau doesn't have a hamstring, because it's injured.

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app
I found it an incredibly ambiguous statement, to say the least. When I first read it I (naturally) thought: beauty, he doesn't have a hamstring injury after all - perhaps some other sort of injury e.g. cramp.

FMD, only at the Pies can our mid season recruit fracture a finger in a hand balling drill and miss several weeks.
Football is a contact sport (including training drills).
His finger caught in Jumper whilst tackling/grabbing in a handball (keepings off) drill.
Should he not tackle & or grab at the eluding player?
Dislocated fingers, broken fingers or finger tendon damage/tear are common Football injuries.
I do share your frustration though.

nb I tore a finger tendon (which springs back into your hand), surgery to reattach, extensive rehab. It happened in a training drill grabbing a team mates jumper…snap, that was it. Didn’t even realize it had happened until I noticed I could no longer move the finger.

His finger caught in Jumper whilst tackling/grabbing in a handball (keepings off) drill.
Dislocated fingers, broken fingers or finger tendon damage/tear are common Football injuries.

nb I tore a finger tendon (which springs back into your hand), surgery to reattach, extensive rehab. It happened in a training drill grabbing a team mates jumper…snap, that was it. Didn’t even realize it had happened until I noticed I could no longer move the finger.
Pretty sure Kirby was bemoaning our bad luck as a club. Probably didn’t require a lecture.

Pretty sure Kirby was bemoaning our bad luck as a club. Probably didn’t require a lecture.
Very sorry for discussing Football injuries in an injury thread, on a Football Forum.
I probably shouldn’t post again. Nah, think I will exercise my right to free speech.

Very sorry for discussing Football injuries in an injury thread, on a Football Forum.
I probably shouldn’t post again. Nah, think I will exercise my right to free speech.
No need to apologise. I like your posts, just think you over did it in this occasion.
It’s warm feedback dude.

I was just bemoaning our lack of luck and not blaming the club or anything.

In other words I was just having a whinge.

200.gif

I was just bemoaning our lack of luck and not blaming the club or anything.

In other words I was just having a whinge.

200.gif
No worries, I feel the same way.
Although we do have posters that blame the club for every injury (including impact injuries).
So maybe I’m a bit trigger happy.

Still have the zig zag scar down my finger, back in my day there was a wire running through the top of the nail around the tendon that had to come out.

Why is Mcceery out for 6 bloody weeks with a hammy? Most players are 3 to 4 weeks tops unless tendons are involved. As for Johnson, this club is beyond a joke. He had just come off a podcast saying he was fit and ready to play and I thought, well that's one shining light. We actually have a recruit who can actually play..... nope. He fractures his finger in a tackling drill.
Like Beau, it's probably the first injury he has sustained and he cops it after one week at the club.
So both mid season recruits won't play this year, as Johnson will obviously have to regain great form to be a remote chance to play in the seniors.
And of course, the alarmism over Richmond's recent batch of injuries (after a dream run for years and 3 flags) turns out to be nowhere near as bad as first thought. What a friggin surprise.
When was the last time a Collingwood player was thought to have a serious injury which turned out to be less serious?
Following this club is an exercise in pure frustration and torment.

Last edited:

Surely McCreery is gone for the year. I guess could play VFL if we make finals.
I wouldn't even bother playing Howe, and give him the best opportunity to have a strong pre season. McInnes would be a good addition for our VFL side, hopefully going into finals, and Johnson l would like to see play the last few games of the AFL season, after a game or two at VFL level, just to see what he brings to the table.

If our injuries were at the other end of the spectrum, we may have one a flag or two under Bucks
The Richmond forum was having a meltdown over their injuries. It was sickening. Try having blokes do their knees and long term hammies when you are contending for a flag like we did for three frigging years and at the start of Buckley's tenure too.
Remember the mockery we copped? Pies Have Injuries!
Some club's supporters have NFI.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And the whole point is it seems to happen at Collingwood with alarming regularity.
No doubt, probably the major reason Bucks didn’t get his flag.

Still have the zig zag scar down my finger, back in my day there was a wire running through the top of the nail around the tendon that had to come out.
Mine was attached to a button (sewn through the nail).
Finger never fully straightened.

Why is Mcceery out for 6 bloody weeks with a hammy?

Nothing has changed with rehab time …

… it’s just that these days the club seem to be more inclined to under-promise and over-deliver.

When was the last time a Collingwood player was thought to have a serious injury which turned out to be less serious?
Certainly not the time when Treloar went down in a heap and they thought it was a double cramp and we had dodged a bullet. Probably the only player in AFL history to do 2 hamstrings in one action.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back