Injury 2021 injury thread, brought to you by Kevin White and AIA

Remove this Banner Ad

Aiden Begg (shoulder) - Expected return: 2022

• Post-shoulder surgery. Transitioning into football conditioning. Looking at making an appearance via the VFL in the final few rounds.
Callum Brown (shoulder) - Expected return: 2022

• Popped his shoulder in the dying stages of round 18. Brown will have surgery this week to repair.
Tyler Brown (shoulder) - Expected return: 2022

• Post-shoulder surgery. Brown is currently in early stages of developing strength and fitness.
Josh Daicos (finger) - Expected return: 3-5weeks

• Progressing well since surgery and has been improving finger strength and range. A chance to be available in final stages of the season.
Will Hoskin-Elliott (back) - Expected return: Test

• Severe back spasm late in the fourth quarter against Carlton. Will be monitored and have to get through the main session on Wednesday to be right to go.
Jeremy Howe (hamstring) - Expected return: 1 week

• A return in round 20 is looking likely. Howe has passed all testing requirements since progressing through full football conditioning and has introduced aerial work.
Ash Johnson (finger) - Expected return: 3 weeks

• Re-scan of finger revealed that it had slipped and required to be repaired again. Unfortunately, Johnson had to have the surgery again and have a larger pin put in place.
Will Kelly (quad) - Expected return: 1 week

• Graduating through conditioning and is looking at a round 20 return.
Beau McCreery (hamstring) - Expected return: 4 weeks

• Re-scan showed positive healing. McCreery will reintegrate into football conditioning over the next week.
Darcy Moore (knee) - Expected return: 2022

• No new news. Low level strength work will begin as Moore looks to be fit for the pre-season. More information to be provided next week.
Brody Mihocek (Abdominal) - Expected return: Test

• Copped a large bump in the final 30 seconds and pulled up quite sore. In positive news, Mihocek has improved significantly in the last 12 hours and will be a test for round 19 against Port.
Liam McMahon (concussion) - Available for selection

• Has passed concussion tests and is available for selection.
Josh Thomas (concussion) - Expected return: 2 weeks

• Received a head knock in the clash against Carlton. Thomas will sit out the 14 days as per AFL concussion protocols.
Thanks for the update Jen

Colour me stunned to hear Johnson has to have more surgery. This club never disappoints. One of the big selling points was Johnson was fit and ready to go and thrill us all with his high leaping, explosive game. Has there been an injury to a Collingwood player in the past decade which was thought to be severe and turned out to be a minor scare? Every single time you simply imagine the worst case scenario and you will not be disappointed. I am over this crap. Why did it "slip"? Was it due to his lack of care or a lousy surgeon? Once again, a minor incident at a training session becomes a season ending injury. Howe has been close to returning for three weeks. Now they let us know he won't play this year. They continually pump out BS.

Disappointing to hear Johnson has to go back under the knife, I was looking forward to seeing him play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot of unco-ordinated players on our list?

Heard a rumour there's a strong correlation between adding Hans Brinker to the conditioning staff and the proliferation of women's teams at the club.

I had hoped that one/both of the Brown brothers would be put on the trade table to help with points for the acquisition of Nick Daicos and others to further renew our list. Their shoulder injuries kill off any chance of that and probably seal the fate of Sier, too.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I had hoped that one/both of the Brown brothers would be put on the trade table to help with points for the acquisition of Nick Daicos and others to further renew our list. Their shoulder injuries kill off any chance of that and probably seal the fate of Sier, too.

I'm sorry, did you just put the Brown brothers and the concept of trading for a pick with actual points in the same paragraph?

I'm sorry, did you just put the Brown brothers and the concept of trading for a pick with actual points in the same paragraph?

I can understand your surprise with the idea, given that we usually just give players away for nothing and if that doesn’t work, offer to pay some of their future wages too. Maybe we should try a different approach this time?

I can understand your surprise with the idea, given that we usually just give players away for nothing and if that doesn’t work, offer to pay some of their future wages too. Maybe we should try a different approach this time?

A different approach is ll good, but I'm not convinced if I was another team I'd give us anything above pick 74 for either or both for that matter.

Id probably demand our pick 41 to take their contracts off our hands. Its a buyers market.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back