Injury 2021 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

CatRiot

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 3, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Not Cats related, but Rayner out for season is a big loss for Lions. I had them as a major chance with Daniher up there. I see our old pal Cocky is still battling with a Hammie up there...

FredLeDeux

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 2, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong

catscollector

Club Legend
Jun 30, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
Will be (and needs to be) left on the sidelines for at least the first month now. Totally not worth the risk to rush him back.
Thankfully, that is what they will do.
Even put him back an extra week if need be.
We go 2-2 or even 1-3, it's not panic stations. Lose Cameron again though, Hawkins simply won't be able to do it himself, not at his age now.

dazbroncos

Max Rooke Appreciation Society
Oct 9, 2010
Los Angeles and Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Denver Broncos, Red Bull Racing
My mate just spoke to Sean Simpson. Sam did a quad at training a few weeks ago. His shoulder is good but he's only just started running in straight lines so he's a few weeks off yet.
Thats very disappointing.

Get him right - we need his class

GO CAtters

CatToTheFuture

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 18, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
My mate just spoke to Sean Simpson. Sam did a quad at training a few weeks ago. His shoulder is good but he's only just started running in straight lines so he's a few weeks off yet.
Not great, but we have the time and space to get him cherry ripe. I'm sure he'll be demanding his spot back soon enough

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Drunkcat

Premiership Player
Aug 31, 2018
Wagga Wagga
AFL Club
Geelong
I hate when they say TBC why not say 10 weeks at least then you know just forget about them for 3mths..and someone said Simpson said on K-Rock he will be back in 2-3 weeks yet he is TBC

cats_09

Jun 21, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
I hate when they say TBC why not say 10 weeks at least then you know just forget about them for 3mths
maybe they just don't know how long Ratugolea will be out

when the injury occurred a month or so ago they initially thought nothing was wrong, just a saw leg as scans showed nothing wrong. It was when his leg was still sore & not getting better that scans then showed a fracture at the site of his old fracture

So this probably is just a waiting game to see how it heals, how long it takes and what they need to do

Drunkcat

Premiership Player
Aug 31, 2018
Wagga Wagga
AFL Club
Geelong
maybe they just don't know how long Ratugolea will be out

when the injury occurred a month or so ago they initially thought nothing was wrong, just a saw leg as scans showed nothing wrong. It was when his leg was still sore & not getting better that scans then showed a fracture at the site of his old fracture

So this probably is just a waiting game to see how it heals, how long it takes and what they need to do
Yeah today Evans and Higgins are listed as TBC

catscollector

Club Legend
Jun 30, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
Had a chat to Sav Ratagolea this morning, says he’s running and expects to train with the boys in the next few days, but won’t risk racing back. So I reckon he’s still 3-4 weeks away.
Impressive physique isn't he.
6ft'6 and looks as powerful as they come.

(God' be great to live in a body like that just for one day of my life)

Remove this Banner Ad