Fixture 2022 Season Fixture & Ticketing Info

Remove this Banner Ad

A message from the bosses:

"All posters are reminded of legislation in place protecting tickets from scalping, any reselling of tickets must not be advertised for more than 10% over their face value.

BigFooty does not warrant any sales of tickets to matches & events, all members buying and selling do so at their own risk.

Please reach out to your board moderators in the first instance prior to posting any threads advertising the sale of finals tickets on your team boards.

Main board threads advertising ticket sales will be deleted"

In addition, those breaching the above rules will have their posts deleted & receive a thread ban

Thanks for the heads up.

Sorry to be that guy but if anyone is needing to dispose of 1 concession or adult ticket (I’m a uni student), please do PM me. Geelong member who missed out on the ticket ballot over the weekend. The long wait for Saturday continues!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

What’s wrong with the Hickey stand? I’ve sat there heaps of time and never had an issue.
Depending on the time of the match, you can be looking directly into the sun & it can get very hot sitting in that stand

It's not bad for night games, but I don't enjoy that stand for afternoon matches

Depending on the time of the match, you can be looking directly into the sun & it can get very hot sitting in that stand

It's not bad for night games, but I don't enjoy that stand for afternoon matches

True, it’s got a lot better with the new higher stands, blocks out a bit more of the sun.

What’s wrong with the Hickey stand? I’ve sat there heaps of time and never had an issue.
Arvo game so looking into the sun. Concourse is way too narrow and the line for the loo, beers and food was bad by footy standards.

I’m an mcc member and decided to take up an offer to get a duel mcc/Geelong membership which gives GA access to some games in Geelong. I purchased this via the MCC about three weeks before the season started, and after I’d heard nothing by round two I contacted the MCC Who said the payment had gone through and they’d forwarded the info to Geelong to process.

I emailed Geelong, and almost two weeks later (and after the Brisbane game) I received a reply saying that they had mailed the members scarf to the home address, and emailed the member barcodes to the email they had on file. These contact details though were my details from the last time I was a Geelong member about 5-6 years and three houses ago.

I bought through the MCC who have my up to date details, and Geelong for some reason just matched my name in their system and didn’t think to ask for any up to date details. Luckily there aren’t two cats fans with my name.

Thursday night football...during a bye round?

Not the surprising when looking at the scheduled matches for that round & grounds being used:

• Collingwood vs Melbourne will be on the Monday (Queen's Birthday)
  • all 4 of Richmond vs Port, & Essendon vs Carlton are coming off their byes, but I'm going the latter being the Thursday night match

Then gives the AFL the opportunity to either play the other MCG match on the Friday night, or Brisbane can get a Friday night prime time home match

AD42F5B0-5EE0-4245-8707-A2F9A0B6E650.jpeg

Completely agree! It's stupid. Last two years were what they were, but moving forward let's stop being muppets. Even Footy Classified recently spoke of the impact to those wanting to make future plans for interstate, family, etc.
Yep it's just arrogance on the part of the AFL. Everything can revolve around them.

Even buying a membership - say you play footy or work on Saturday afternoons - you may want to know if it's worth buying one or not (or upgrading one). You can't plan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep it's just arrogance on the part of the AFL. Everything can revolve around them.

Even buying a membership - say you play footy or work on Saturday afternoons - you may want to know if it's worth buying one or not (or upgrading one). You can't plan.
It's yet another classic case of the almighty dollar trumping the best interests of the people who are actually the most important stakeholders in the game.

AFL, you are a true and abiding disgrace. The way you treat fans (many of whom are also paid-up members) is an absolute travesty.

Meanwhile, in another fantastic 'milestone' for the footy community, you can now purchase NFT's of football's most memorable moments. Thanks again, AFL, for prioritising what really matters to the humble fans of our national game.

:rolleyes:

Round 12​

Friday, June 3
Western Bulldogs v Geelong at Marvel Stadium, 7.50pm AEST

Round 13​

Bye: Geelong

Round 14​

Saturday, June 18
West Coast v Geelong at Optus Stadium, 4.35pm AEST

Round 15​

Saturday, June 25
Geelong v Richmond at the MCG, 4.35pm AEST

The Eagles game in WA I get the 4:35pm AEST time....but a "Home" game at the MSG against the Tigers....WTF AFL?
The WA game starts at 2.35pm local time, which is traditional at least for the attending fans.

But the MCG game being fixtured outside of a primetime slot is just taking the piss. Guess the tigs should expect a trip down to KP next year if that's the fixture.

Round 12​

Friday, June 3
Western Bulldogs v Geelong at Marvel Stadium, 7.50pm AEST

Round 13​

Bye: Geelong

Round 14​

Saturday, June 18
West Coast v Geelong at Optus Stadium, 4.35pm AEST

Round 15​

Saturday, June 25
Geelong v Richmond at the MCG, 4.35pm AEST

Well bugger to the Round 15 match - I'm flying back from Queensland on the Saturday & was kinda hopeful the match would be played on the Sunday

Hopefully there's some wifi onboard, otherwise I'll have to wait until landing for the result

And I'm going to see nothing of our Rnd 14 clash as I'm at a wedding that day

Come on Daz - surely you've got enough sway to get things changed...

I know right!?! But after so many *jng night games.. what’s another one !??
The gits at the AFL only care about pretty lights at night and 1/2 time abs how it looks on the chopper /drone shots for their promos.

Really could not give a s**t about the fans or local audience and they keep showing it

Fair chance i won’t watch at that time if we aren’t in it

Go Catters

And the AFL GF timeslot has been locked in...

THE 2022 Toyota AFL Grand Final will be staying in its traditional afternoon slot – 2.30pm, on Saturday September 24 at the MCG.

In what is clearly an acknowledgment to fan sentiment, the AFL Commission on Wednesday determined the game would stay in its usual place and on Friday morning relayed that decision to the 18 clubs in a videoconference.

Would’ve thought the north game is an afternoon.

Feels wrong to have a 100+ point smashing to be prime time Saturday nigh TV.

Would’ve thought the north game is an afternoon.

Feels wrong to have a 100+ point smashing to be prime time Saturday nigh TV.

Is there a quota for night matches at KP each season?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back