List Mgmt. 2023 List Management thread - Pt2 Now With Added Wailing & Gnashing of Teeth

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Dockers fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
"GWS asked the question a few weeks ago, he was discussed as part of the Liam Henry trade, the Dockers were really keen, he told them he wanted to stay in Melbourne and it looks like the Demons are monitoring this situation and it seems like he could be a good fit for them."

- Josh Gabelich on a potential Jack Billings move on the cards

I don't think Sydney are getting a better deal than three future firsts for Logan McDonald today. Next season we could offer our future first and our best first round pick for an out of contract tall wanting to come home and if he hasn't kicked 60 goals in 2024 then that's enough.

Going off how it seems to work, we just say our best two first round picks aren't on the table and tough luck.

I don’t think we’d even offer 3 x F1 for Logan this year.

Next year it will be our 2 highest first rounders unless one of those is a top 4 pick. We’ll get Logan and something back.

Personally I’d just prefer we place our top pick on the table and leave it at that.

I don't think Sydney are getting a better deal than three future firsts for Logan McDonald today. Next season we could offer our future first and our best first round pick for an out of contract tall wanting to come home and if he hasn't kicked 60 goals in 2024 then that's enough.

Going off how it seems to work, we just say our best two first round picks aren't on the table and tough luck.

This and offer up the remaining two first rounders for Sam Taylor a year before he’s an RFA. GWS may be interested to cash out if they know he is going anyway.
I’m hoping if Treacy comes on that Taylor is more a need than McDonald (unless Hugh Davies steps up next year as well!!)
I’d be happy with that for a 2024 trade period - Given it would be facilitated by this years trades would then make this year a win as well !!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

"GWS asked the question a few weeks ago, he was discussed as part of the Liam Henry trade, the Dockers were really keen, he told them he wanted to stay in Melbourne and it looks like the Demons are monitoring this situation and it seems like he could be a good fit for them."

At least we asked
I don’t think we’d even offer 3 x F1 for Logan this year.

Next year it will be our 2 highest first rounders unless one of those is a top 4 pick. We’ll get Logan and something back.

Personally I’d just prefer we place our top pick on the table and leave it at that.
I’d give them their choice of 2x and a swap of a f2 for a current 2nd.

This and offer up the remaining two first rounders for Sam Taylor a year before he’s an RFA. GWS may be interested to cash out if they know he is going anyway.
I’m hoping if Treacy comes on that Taylor is more a need than McDonald (unless Hugh Davies steps up next year as well!!)
I’d be happy with that for a 2024 trade period - Given it would be facilitated by this years trades would then make this year a win as well !!

Happy to wait the extra year for Taylor. Signing him as a FA during the tas introduction would be handy, and take a couple of first round draftees before the draft is completely screwed

Also glad to hear we asked, wouldn't have hurt to have an option with decent footskills.

You'd assume the Logan price, him having had an extraordinary good or bad season notwithstanding, would be equal in points value to West Coasts highest pick in the 2024 draft. Same as the Jackson deal and vice versa the Kelly deal before it. (Although didn't WC inexplicably pay more? We had 6 to begin with and they paid the equivalent of pick 2?)

Happy to wait the extra year for Taylor. Signing him as a FA during the tas introduction would be handy, and take a couple of first round draftees before the draft is completely screwed

Fair enough, would probably time better for Alex Pierce’s retirement/ move to Tassie etc.
Either way, I’m hoping we’re in his ear already

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Billings best year was in 2017 when he kicked 23 goals. I struggle to see how he would help Freo win games.

He also has a s**t contract.

That's basically the same value depending on where the saints finish. A F4 is worthless.
F2's are worthless. I would take 25 ahead of just about ANYONE's F2, including West Coast. Look where the North pick we had is going to end up.

Yeah paying up for a guy who you could get for free the next year and isn't yet a glaring need for us...

Doubt he leaves GWS though if they're still up and we're still down.

So we did want Billings. What a dumb campaigner, we're one of the few teams he'd be B22.

Nah, we turn ours into first round picks 😆😭

Yeah, but he was also rated highly here as well.

Yeah, but we're a bunch of nuffies just like them (not as big mind).

Not a bad article and it sounds like he understands our list instead of just a Doom & Gloom dig at us.

I hope we take 3 firsts into the draft and only trade 1 out if a team gets caught with their pants down during it. 2/3 first rounders will be guns going off our recent history.
First media person that had a proper look although if I were being cynical, I might conclude that Freo "helped" him write that piece.

Ofc billings said no to us lol
Am I right in thinking that we asked the same question about Ginnivan and he also said "nah wanna stay in Melbourne"? If so then we've wanted three players, two wanted to stay in Melbourne and the other wanted to come here but not to us. Not saying I want any of those players, but it's nice to be wanted. Especially when on the other side of the ledger, we lost one person who wanted to go home to Melbourne, another who wanted to go and have fun in Melbourne and a third who went to Sydney for more opportunity. All of this for the promise of a brighter week after next (the cupboard for next week is bare though).

F*ck me that's grim. Can we never speak of this trade period ever again?

Am I right in thinking that we asked the same question about Ginnivan and he also said "nah wanna stay in Melbourne"? If so then we've wanted three players, two wanted to stay in Melbourne and the other wanted to come here but not to us. Not saying I want any of those players, but it's nice to be wanted. Especially when on the other side of the ledger, we lost one person who wanted to go home to Melbourne, another who wanted to go and have fun in Melbourne and a third who went to Sydney for more opportunity. All of this for the promise of a brighter week after next (the cupboard for next week is bare though).

F*ck me that's grim. Can we never speak of this trade period ever again?
No. Reports said we had no interest in Ginnivan.

Meh this time last year we were going for glory and had a s**t year. This year its doom and gloom so obviously it's Flagmantle time.

Think About It GIF by Identity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back