Memberships 2023 Membership discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else find that yesterday was a shitshow in the Hawks members reserved seating area? We were in the Shane Warne Stand and sit on the edge of M12 and M13 and the amount of people who were just walking in saying 'lets sit here' when the whole section should be Gold and Silver reserved.

Did anyone else get charged $12 today for an AFLW Membership Plan ?

I never requested it and it was charged on same day as my normal membership plan payment

Pretty sure they included a free AFLW membership last year as I cant remember paying anything

Looking back through old emails I do see one saying thanks for becoming an AFLW member dated 27/8/22

Pretty sure they included a free AFLW membership last year as I cant remember paying anything

Looking back through old emails I do see one saying thanks for becoming an AFLW member dated 27/8/22

I just checked the membership portal, it's a 23FiveMonthlyW payment. In my case it's $22 per payment. It'll be nice if the club send a reminder, whether email or sms.

After emailing them, the club just contacted me and said that I was a member last year so it was automatically renewed

I was only a member last year because it was free

They cancelled it and put the payment towards my current membership

Guessing it happened to a lot of people

I would imagine it depends on your level of membership as to whether it was offered to some members as a bonus freebie.

I wasn't and also paid for the basic membership for the womens last year. But i purposely choose no auto renewal on any of my memberships for these exact reasons. (and i prefer to do an upfront total payment, budgeting preference)

I wasnt offered a renewal for the womens when I did my Mens, but they hadnt sorted out plans for the womens season at that time.
I have every intention to renew my womens membership and I'll do so when the season is actually due to start.

I really want the AFL to finally realise that the mens and womens games should be played at the same location on the same day and to schedule equal seasons. They want a game of equality, then give them the same schedule and locations already! Im happy to go to the footy for 4-5 hours to watch both games and I believe a fair volume of others are keen for the same. I traveled from interstate for every home game (until covid) and would happily do this going forward.

Cant wait for the day that its just a "hawthorn" membership and it doesnt matter when you enter the ground as both teams are playing....

I would imagine it depends on your level of membership as to whether it was offered to some members as a bonus freebie.

I wasn't and also paid for the basic membership for the womens last year. But i purposely choose no auto renewal on any of my memberships for these exact reasons. (and i prefer to do an upfront total payment, budgeting preference)

I wasnt offered a renewal for the womens when I did my Mens, but they hadnt sorted out plans for the womens season at that time.
I have every intention to renew my womens membership and I'll do so when the season is actually due to start.

I really want the AFL to finally realise that the mens and womens games should be played at the same location on the same day and to schedule equal seasons. They want a game of equality, then give them the same schedule and locations already! Im happy to go to the footy for 4-5 hours to watch both games and I believe a fair volume of others are keen for the same. I traveled from interstate for every home game (until covid) and would happily do this going forward.

Cant wait for the day that its just a "hawthorn" membership and it doesnt matter when you enter the ground as both teams are playing....

Love this bolded bit, and agree 100%. Well said.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Replacement game tickets are now available for Round 19 and 23. Came out about a week ago for the remaining games. (8th june apparently)

I just rang the club to renew my AFLW membership and let them know that nothing has been sent out to members in regards to these two remaining replacement games and that we also hadn't gotten any notification about how to secure a seat for the marvel home game against the saints either. (if you have a reserved seat membership)

Found out that was also available and I've now booked my 3 reserved seats for zero cost.

So if your a reserved seat member and haven't booked in the remaining replacement games, get onto it! There's still some good seats available (since most people aren't aware that they can claim them yet)

Just need the barcode on the back of your membership card to start booking.

My brother and I are Gold members with seats next to each other in M51 in the Olympic Stand.

If I want to take my eight year old daughter to the footy with us (Hawthorn v Carlton), is it possible to purchase a guest pass?

Replacement game tickets are now available for Round 19 and 23. Came out about a week ago for the remaining games. (8th june apparently)

I just rang the club to renew my AFLW membership and let them know that nothing has been sent out to members in regards to these two remaining replacement games and that we also hadn't gotten any notification about how to secure a seat for the marvel home game against the saints either. (if you have a reserved seat membership)

Found out that was also available and I've now booked my 3 reserved seats for zero cost.

So if your a reserved seat member and haven't booked in the remaining replacement games, get onto it! There's still some good seats available (since most people aren't aware that they can claim them yet)

Just need the barcode on the back of your membership card to start booking.
As I understand it a reserved seat membership only entitles you to a GA seat. Unless you have the add on, $160, for the four replacement games you will have to pay for a reserved seat. I am not impressed.

As I understand it a reserved seat membership only entitles you to a GA seat. Unless you have the add on, $160, for the four replacement games you will have to pay for a reserved seat. I am not impressed.
The rubbish part of this is that I am Legends Club member, and the reserved seats available as replacement seats for the Richmond game are only Level 1 behind the goals (shocking seats). In previous years, we were able to reserve seats (free of charge) on other areas of the ground, including front rows of level 4.

For some reason we are unable to choose other areas, which is a massive reduction in value.

Does anyone know why this is?

The rubbish part of this is that I am Legends Club member, and the reserved seats available as replacement seats for the Richmond game are only Level 1 behind the goals (shocking seats). In previous years, we were able to reserve seats (free of charge) on other areas of the ground, including front rows of level 4.

For some reason we are unable to choose other areas, which is a massive reduction in value.

Does anyone know why this is?
During the covid-restricted years having the t1 reserved seat memberships (Leg/Ken/Gold) enabled you to to grab decent reserved seat for replacement games as there was no general admin / walk up stuff available during those times. We now seem to be back to having 6 games a year where it provides value, with the replacement games + marvel home game being little more than steak knives given the GA/seating available.

I pay the extra to have the reserved seat at all home games. So yes this is correct. I probably should've have mentioned that.

i just purchased another membership to get the annual Kayo subscription. My previous annual Kayo subscription which I have had for the last 3 years is no longer being offered and is a few days away from expiring.

I need help before I call the club. Has anyone purchased this membership type, and how do you get the Kayo subscription to work. The membership website is a little confusing and I didn’t receive any code / voucher to apply.

thanks in advance

Last edited:
i just purchased another membership to get the annual Kayo subscription. My previous annual Kayo subscription which I have had for the last 3 years is no longer being offered and is a few days away from expiring.

Inedd help before I call the club. Has anyone purchased this membership type, and how do you get the Kayo subscription to work. The membership website is a little confusing and I didn’t receive any code / voucher to apply.

thanks in advance
I recommend calling the club , super helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back