Memberships 2023 Membership discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No they didn't. You select the level, that's it.
Last year was the 1st year you could. I posted this last year in the membership thread

Could do all 3 home games on 1 transaction and ticketek have finally given the option of choosing your seat

Contact the club and let them know.

It isn't good enough that memberships roll over in November/December and it's the end of February and we haven't received what we have and are paying for.
Sometimes its not the clubs fault i had the same happen to me in 2020 and i rang the club they said they had already sent it out but postal delivery obviously failed so they sent me another one (family pack)

Last year was the 1st year you could. I posted this last year in the membership thread
What membership do you have?

The only way I can see it working is if it's for a particular membership type confined to a smaller, more manageable area and released at a time separate to others to reduce traffic. Otherwise you'd run into the concurrency issues I mentioned above. Maybe they did and maybe that is why they are not doing it this year?

Sometimes its not the clubs fault i had the same happen to me in 2020 and i rang the club they said they had already sent it out but postal delivery obviously failed so they sent me another one (family pack)

The club has told me that the packs haven't yet been made by their mailing house. They haven't even been sent yet.

How exactly do you expect this to work? You have 50k+ people all trying to select seats at the same time, you can't put a hold on seats and wait for one person to be done. The wait time to get in would be infuriating. If you did allow it, like airlines do, you'd be constantly get error messages like "These seats are no longer available, please try again".

Being "The modern world" is irrelevant, there's just no plausible solution when dealing with that many people.
You can do it around the world. I have purchased tickets to major events and can pick my seat individually.

The fact that you cannot pick a level like last year is a complete joke.

I sit with older people and they can't see the play from lower level 1.

It is absolutely not good enough. We live in a world where a system can scan the entire internet and write a coherent essay on a topic, but we can't pick a seat at the football. You're defending the in-defensible.

You can do it around the world. I have purchased tickets to major events and can pick my seat individually.

The fact that you cannot pick a level like last year is a complete joke.

I sit with older people and they can't see the play from lower level 1.

It is absolutely not good enough. We live in a world where a system can scan the entire internet and write a coherent essay on a topic, but we can't pick a seat at the football. You're defending the in-defensible.
I'm a software developer, I have a pretty decent understanding how these things work, so piss off with your entitled in-defensible BS!

If they can’t pick a seat or even a block, people keep resetting till they get something they like

How’s that on performance?

If they can’t pick a seat or even a block, people keep resetting till they get something they like

How’s that on performance?
Significantly better than locking a section of seats and blocking a significant portion of other people from getting tickets in the same area at the same time.

Besides, if you keep resetting, your seats are likely to get worse not better. Go nuts.

Got the packs about a month back. Got told today cards getting sent next week. Don’t care for the packs to be honest (KC). Do care that we only have six MCG home games with 8 weeks between game one and game two. Still can’t get over that. Also can’t get over Hawthorn v North being in Tasmania. Absolute nonsense. Hawthorn and North are on the same return flight from that game - be an interesting flight eh.

Got the packs about a month back. Got told today cards getting sent next week. Don’t care for the packs to be honest (KC). Do care that we only have six MCG home games with 8 weeks between game one and game two. Still can’t get over that. Also can’t get over Hawthorn v North being in Tasmania. Absolute nonsense. Hawthorn and North are on the same return flight from that game - be an interesting flight eh.\

Part and Parcel of the Hawks love for the Tasmanian deal.

Contacted Ticketek 2 days ago trying to organise a carers ticket v the Bombers.

Can’t do it online despite having all the correct cards etc.

Still nothing.

Normally we do it on the day at the ground but given ticket demand appears to be high, better do it sooner rather than later.

T
Contacted Ticketek 2 days ago trying to organise a carers ticket v the Bombers.

Can’t do it online despite having all the correct cards etc.

Still nothing.

Normally we do it on the day at the ground but given ticket demand appears to be high, better do it sooner rather than later.

Have you try dm them on twitter? I found that's the best way contacting ticketek.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm a software developer, I have a pretty decent understanding how these things work
Thank God, you're here!

I dropped my phone & now the screen doesn't work. Can you please help?;)

Good news is that I got our packs and our membership cards.

Bad news is that one of my children's name is mis-spelled on the card and for some reason, she's now a two year consecutive member, despite being signed up as a member from birth and never missing a year of membership (this is her 16th consecutive year of membership). So her membership card and her scarf patch each say she's two years consecutive member.

First world problems, but it's amateur hour. Have emailed the club and will be following up with a phone call.

Hopefully it doesn't take four months to replace, since that's how long we've waited for the membership packs to be delivered once the membership rolls over.

Good news is that I got our packs and our membership cards.

Bad news is that one of my children's name is mis-spelled on the card and for some reason, she's now a two year consecutive member, despite being signed up as a member from birth and never missing a year of membership (this is her 16th consecutive year of membership). So her membership card and her scarf patch each say she's two years consecutive member.

First world problems, but it's amateur hour. Have emailed the club and will be following up with a phone call.

Hopefully it doesn't take four months to replace, since that's how long we've waited for the membership packs to be delivered once the membership rolls over.
I feel like they've ****ed up, didn't realise you hadn't gotten your stuff, panicked and rushed a replacement.

I feel like they've ****ed up, didn't realise you hadn't gotten your stuff, panicked and rushed a replacement.

Actually started chasing up the club about membership stuff on early February, mostly because it got to that point and I suddenly realised we hadn't received anything, which is most unusual. This is the first time I have received membership materials in the last few days of February.

But I do think you're right. The club is behind on getting out membership stuff, from what they have told me and what other people have posted here.

Lucky my daughter kept her 2022 card which had the right number of years on it, so I sent a photo of that card and her card she got today to the club.

Also lucky that we have the right seats printed on our cards.

Not sure where it’s been outsourced to but it’s been an average roll out. There’s one direct mail house which in the past did most clubs (though I think Hawthorn, West Coast and the Bulldogs had it done overseas). I don’t need a box full of things which ultimately get binned. I just need my membership card.

Signing the girls up next week , going to sneak it past the better half on the day I get paid .
The girls are keen for the pack , so I really hope the club doesnt muck it up .
I really dont want to mediate a punch on at home plus I have enough competition from 'friends' pushing them to other teams .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back