Training 2023 Preseason + training discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Dr Beard.

May sound like the name of a Dr Seuss character but he's an excellent pick up. Left Freo to be a high performance coach across a heap of sports including for the Cleveland Browns and Chicago Cubs.

His role at Freo will be Football Performance and Innovation Director.

And unlike that past S&C guy we were all worried the headline meant, his last name may only result in players having more facial hair rather than being cooked.
For all of those that follow the NFL I hope we don't perform like the Browns!

A good indicator is to compare Treacy to Tabs. Both came via the rookie drafts.
Tabs height and size was always going to trouble defenders but in the earlier days
his kicking, decision making was always suspect.
His determination and hard work eventually paid off to be a serviceable player.
Some days Tabs looks like that aggressive tall target, others he is easily held.
He is an enigma, and then there is his durability.

Treacy is that aggressive tall, can kick goals easily from outside 50, and has a footy
a brain.
Going by trajectories he is already ahead of Tabs at the same age.
A combo of Amiss, Treacy and Jackson, players that can read the play and
Have different leading patterns, style. I believe can lift us into a genuine top
4 team.
WELL past at the same age. Sorry, old post but just HAD to emphasise this. I think Treacy is gon be the shizz when his time comes. No offence to Tabs but his footy nous has always been crap and Treacy just plays way more naturally.

Hope JOM isn’t another Stuart Anderson. For anyone who was following us back then will remember he was a highly regarded, big bodied type, who in some respects played a bit like JOM. He did barely anything here and retired during his 2nd season with us.

Just remember being so excited when we picked him up.
I think he was listed on AFL '98. Ahhh that old pixely goodness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah but this makes him a front runner for the TTHD award!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I didn’t post the info to generate Daniel Bandy like vibes. Nor am I getting excited.

Just purely to point out he is training hard in his time off. A world of difference to recruits like Hogan and Cam McCarthy.

I keep forgetting we now have Luke Jackson

Next year is going to be so interesting

If he can help keep Fyfe and Tabs on the park all season build a statue of him.
It would also be super handy if he could get Hamling's body right and improve Will Brodie's and Mathew Johnson's distance running while getting Keuk and Amiss to put on a ton of muscle.

Nope, not kidding. Just because he is retired now doesn't mean he was a magical beast when he played. I'm not knocking Mundy, JOM is just a freak in that department. Fyfe-like.
JOM is very strong but you must be joking about Mundy. He'd be one of the strongest players to ever play onball in our history. BTW Mundy was a magical beast when he played. Not sure what player you were watching if you think otherwise. He's the best kick in our teams history in terms of consistency of excellence over his career.

Last edited:
JOM is very strong but you must be joking about Mundy. He'd be one of the strongest players to ever play onball in our history. BTW Mundy was a magical beast when he played. Not sure what player you were watching if you think otherwise. He is he's the best kick in our teams history in terms of consistency of excellence over his career.
You do you, boo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back