Daicos
Mitchell
Butters
Cumming
Moore
Rozee
Young
Taranto

Good luck picking the eyes out of that lot!
My take

Keen - Cogs, Ando, Little Nicky, Rozee, Young

Maybe - LDU, Green, Titch

Pass - Brayshaw, Butters, Cumming, Moore, Taranto the butcher

Others in the $450-550k range that are of interest, under the right circumstances - Dale, the Chad, Rioli, Berry, Coleman, DC, Richards, HH.

Last edited:

My take

Keen - Cogs, Ando, Little Nicky, Rozee, Young

Maybe - LDU, Green, Titch

Pass - Brayshaw, Butters, Cumming, Moore, Taranto the butcher

Others in the $450-550k range that are of interest, under the right circumstances - Dale, the Chad, Rioli, Berry, Coleman, DC, Richards, HH.
Faaark you nearly went on ignore then….until I remembered there is a new CHAD in town!

Last edited:
Titch was out of my squad for about two days lol

Magor is gonna be a floating donut. I want loopholability from Round 1. Madden's pretty good for that but not quite enough - between them the VC options are good every week. Plus it allows me to make my starting 22 a little stronger. I know this flies against the philosophies of many (start with 30 green dots) but there's always blokes that play Round 1 and never get a price increase. That dead wood may as well cost you peanuts I reckon.

Do hope Drury gets a go because I certainly don't want three red dots to start with, and neither do I want to have to find the cash to get him up to a fella who gets a gig Round 1. I have 4k in the bank here lol

PreseasonSCteam28Jan.jpg

Magor is gonna be a floating donut. I want loopholability from Round 1. Madden's pretty good for that but not quite enough - between them the VC options are good every week. Plus it allows me to make my starting 22 a little stronger. I know this flies against the philosophies of many (start with 30 green dots) but there's always blokes that play Round 1 and never get a price increase. That dead wood may as well cost you peanuts I reckon.

Do hope Drury gets a go because I certainly don't want three red dots to start with, and neither do I want to have to find the cash to get him up to a fella who gets a gig Round 1. I have 4k in the bank here lol

View attachment 1595283
I've got Piggy and Bont/Macrae as my captain options. Madden plays after at least one of those for the first 6 rounds. By that point I'll probably have other donuts.

Works if I take Laird instead of Bont too.

Just imo but 29 green dots is a minimum. You can always do a downgrade to a $102k donut later if needed. Got to get that sweet sweet cash gen.

Nice team though - I like the Richards pick. Feel like I'll end up with Grundy too.

I've got Piggy and Bont/Macrae as my captain options. Madden plays after at least one of those for the first 6 rounds. By that point I'll probably have other donuts.

Just imo but 29 green dots is a minimum. You can always do a downgrade to a $102k donut later if needed. Got to get that sweet sweet cash gen.

Nice team though - I like the Richards pick. Feel like I'll end up with Grundy too.

Absolutely.

But as I've already tried to suggest, a Round 1 green dot doesn't guaranteee you cash gen. There's always Reltons.

Now, I know that the odds of getting a good number of cash generators from a set of, say, 12 rooks is better than a set of 10. But with 36 trades we can definitely afford to make corrections in Round 2 as well as Round 3.

I just really want a banging Round 1 score. That's my priority over cash gen ATM. With all those trades, the long game can wait to an extent I reckon. I could be wrong, it happens a dozen times a day lol

My second draft but first post of my team here.

DEF: I’ve got no $600k defenders but that could change. If that rumour of Daniel moving into the middle is true, Dale could be a very nice pick.

Young and Daicos self explanatory

Thankfully too there’s a lot more choice for DEF rookies than last year so you can run with three here. Hopefully Cowan gets a game if Doc moves into the middle.

MID: As I’ve mentioned in a few posts so far, the plethora of nicely priced star options means you can afford to run with only one or two Ubers.

I’ve gone with Clarry due to his consistentcy, Laird was an absolute godsend for me last season but one must think his output may drop slightly. Tough decision.

M2 will be a very open spot. Kelly is there at the moment and with all the mid departures from the Giants and a new system and coach, he, Cogs, and Green will be the mid workhorses which could mean big scores. Underpriced than he usually is which makes him worth the punt.

Same with Simpkin, new system this season, brilliant end to last season, looks in ripping shape too, every chance he can go 100+. $500k is a steal.

Rowbottom went on my watchlist on the back end of last season and finals due to his brilliant scoring there. Was my first picked.

Hopper/Ashcroft/Phillips are the popular picks so no explanation. Crossing my fingers Hopper doesn’t go full Jarrod Berry on me and cough up 50s.

RUC line is expensive but for good reason. English and ROB are two of the rucks that have somewhat confirmed roles and will be solo.

FWD I was tossing up between Moore and Rozee but if Rozee is playing full time MID that might just get him the nod. Not going near Butters becuase I started with him last year and it was a nightmare. Gulden was another one on my breakout watchlist and I think he could be really good this season with more mid time.

All in all I’m pretty happy so far with the structure. Rookies and maybe a couple of flip flop picks will be definitely changed before round 1.
View attachment 1595130View attachment 1595131
Very unique team! I like it. Especially the Rowbottom pick, I have Serong as my POD in the midfield but Rowbottom is a gun and might get some serious numbers this year.
Ill definitely be trying to snag him for my draft team.

Absolutely.

But as I've already tried to suggest, a Round 1 green dot doesn't guaranteee you cash gen. There's always Reltons.

Now, I know that the odds of getting a good number of cash generators from a set of, say, 12 rooks is better than a set of 10. But with 36 trades we can definitely afford to make corrections in Round 2 as well as Round 3.

I just really want a banging Round 1 score. That's my priority over cash gen ATM. With all those trades, the long game can wait to an extent I reckon. I could be wrong, it happens a dozen times a day lol
Nice, well you got a lot right last year, so why not!

Looks like we will have a lot forward rookies this year. Maybe consider a D/M also? Can be a way to get around not having good defensive rookies.

View attachment 1595283
It’d be awesome if they picked Drury for round one. Seems like quite the player. But I wouldn’t be betting on it.
For one, they’re training him as a defender, which means he’s vying for the same position as TT and Goater, to say nothing of Perez, Young, Ziebell etc.
Secondly, if Clarko plays Sheezel, Comben and Goater round one - all whom are pretty likely - he’s already committing to three players who have collectively less than five games experience.
Reckon he’ll let Drury build some confidence in the magoos for a couple rounds.

It’d be awesome if they picked Drury for round one. Seems like quite the player. But I wouldn’t be betting on it.
For one, they’re training him as a defender, which means he’s vying for the same position as TT and Goater, to say nothing of Perez, Young, Ziebell etc.
Secondly, if Clarko plays Sheezel, Comben and Goater round one - all whom are pretty likely - he’s already committing to three players who have collectively less than five games experience.
Reckon he’ll let Drury build some confidence in the magoos for a couple rounds.
* me, are we picking 4 North rookies?

Goater, Phillips, Sneezel and Comben?

Oh No What GIF by PeacockTV

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In Round 1 Melbourne play Bulldogs so good luck with that

Yeah good point lol, works other than that.

Was thinking I might swap Bont to Laird so it still works then.

I've got a bit of a woody for Crippa as a VC option.

Lots of early games over the early rounds and the way he started last year was pretty damn impressive.

To be honest the main reason for Magor is that Carlton play GWS in ROund 3 so Madden can't facilitate the VC that week. I could just VC Macrae instead but I'm hoping that Crippa will have broken the hearts of non-owners by then and I'll really want to VC him.

Magor will also allow me to loop one of Allen, McLean and Stone for the first four rounds at least. I'd love to be able to loop Allen every week because as a KPF I reckon that's a bit of a power move, but he plays the last game in Rounds 2 and 3 so it's impossible regardless of who the loop is. But I think a forward loop will be more useful than a def loop where I have Bowes at D5 so I'll stick with Magor I think

Exactly $10,000,00 and I hate it:moustache:
It probably is a more stable Backline compared to my other teams posted but sacrifices the Forward line.
I could swap Sinn>Drury and Thomas>Fyfe:think:
The Midfield is exactly how I want it and as I've said previous having 36 trades Lycett is worth the gamble.

37.JPG
38.JPG

Last edited:
FinMacrae>Relton & Cameron>Mars Bar
Fight accepted.....

View attachment 1595599
Bench on the M line is obviously a crapshoot currently, Campaigner, as well you know.

The starting side is the sexiest thing I have seen since Kate Winslet accidentally flashed her crotch on the Graeme Norton Show...

Bench on the M line is obviously a crapshoot currently, Campaigner, as well you know.

The starting side is the sexiest thing I have seen since Kate Winslet accidentally flashed her crotch on the Graeme Norton Show...

It wasn't an accident....:hearteyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back