Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 1627364

Stewart > Rozee
Jones > Yeo (back in again)
Jelly > Cripps (back in again)
Sheezel > Owens (back in again)

Final team barring team selections. Scraping paint along the bench to squeeze every last drop on field. Still reading on the cats board Bowes and Bruhn are a lock. Get my captain choice Cripps back in the team. Don't mind ditching Phillipou. Was looking at Rachelles scoring last year and i doubt Pou will do much better. Will struggle to get the 150k i feel. Caminiti should play but his JS rests solely on him doing enough before Membrey is ready. There is room for both. One of the Carlton rooks to take a bench spot. Miss out on Phillips unfortunately. Owens for 50k more to comfortably outscore Sheezel UNLESS he gets that half back role. I could go to Flanders but not buying the buzz till i see more. A number of options after round two, to downgrade to if anything needs correcting.
Solid reasoning here. Feel the same re: Phillipou, but haven’t ditched him yet.

I like the approach - your start really rests on those 7 midpricers coming on strong. Get 4+ of them right and this team looks really competitive. Love the Warner pick too - is that you, Damo?

View attachment 1627364

Stewart > Rozee
Jones > Yeo (back in again)
Jelly > Cripps (back in again)
Sheezel > Owens (back in again)

Final team barring team selections. Scraping paint along the bench to squeeze every last drop on field. Still reading on the cats board Bowes and Bruhn are a lock. Get my captain choice Cripps back in the team. Don't mind ditching Phillipou. Was looking at Rachelles scoring last year and i doubt Pou will do much better. Will struggle to get the 150k i feel. Caminiti should play but his JS rests solely on him doing enough before Membrey is ready. There is room for both. One of the Carlton rooks to take a bench spot. Miss out on Phillips unfortunately. Owens for 50k more to comfortably outscore Sheezel UNLESS he gets that half back role. I could go to Flanders but not buying the buzz till i see more. A number of options after round two, to downgrade to if anything needs correcting.
Rachele and Phillipou are 2 completely different players.

You are comparing a guy who played permanent small forward last year with a guy who will spend a fair amount of time in the midfield.

I have seen a fair bit of Phillipou here in SA and he will easily go past 350k with a decent run.

Any thoughts on this ? lm not to sure about Yeo as alot have him and l wouldn't mind someone else. Corr l was thinking of as if he plays rd 1 would be ideal as an intercept marker .

Screenshot (29).jpg

Last edited:
Rachele and Phillipou are 2 completely different players.

You are comparing a guy who played permanent small forward last year with a guy who will spend a fair amount of time in the midfield.

I have seen a fair bit of Phillipou here in SA and he will easily go past 350k with a decent run.
As a Saints supporter, I'm not entirely sure how much midfield time he will actually get. Is already one of our best runners, however hasn't been used in a midfield like capacity at this stage. Think mid teens and a goal or two is the best you'll get out of him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FE4EA989-3A8A-465D-8510-71F02900C35B.jpeg C26589B4-B82B-4F7C-8CE3-7B92D6C1AC19.jpeg
still not sure on the rookies just yet.

overall happy with the team now, maybe one short in the backline.

any suggestions?

I've been completely MIA over preseason. Haven't seen a single praccy match, looked at any news or training reports. Basically I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. This is the team I have selected, and it looks like the most boring piece of s**t I've ever seen. Can people give me some left field ideas or selections that I can change this cookie cutter generic looking side to have a bit more spice.

1678672143030.png

I've been completely MIA over preseason. Haven't seen a single praccy match, looked at any news or training reports. Basically I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. This is the team I have selected, and it looks like the most boring piece of s**t I've ever seen. Can people give me some left field ideas or selections that I can change this cookie cutter generic looking side to have a bit more spice.

View attachment 1627841
Go Will Day over Yeo.
Josh Kelly over Clarry.
Setterfield or Worpel over Hopper.
Tom Cole over McKenna.

Join the dark side with me brother.

View attachment 1627841

Dylan Moore instead of Rozee
Bailey Dale over Dawson or Docherty.

If you feel really adventurous, Nankervis over Darcy, but don't tell anybody I suggested it because I'll deny any involvement.

That's the thing with starting sides – they do tend to be low on variation, it's your trading throughout the year that separates the teams.

That being said, if you want to go against the group-think, I prefer Cunnington (419k, 7.2% ownership) to Gulden (472k, 35.1% ownership). Better role, less mouths to feed, save some cash.

I'm also very keen on the idea of going into Round 1 with Neale in less than 20% of teams.

Otherwise, low ownership midpricers with good roles (i.e. Worpel) could be your go.
Solid suggestions that I will definitely be considering. I normally ride 1-2 off-brand players for the whole year. I'll trade in a few POD selections by around Round 5-6 but that's still quite a lot of time of boring cookie clutter stuff. I feel you need at least 1 player to go out of your way to watch every other game to make this game much more enjoyable. For some reason everything in my body is telling me to choose Noah Anderson over Tom Green.

Pretty generic but I think it's starting to take shape.

Was keen to try and fit in Mills for a bit of premo POD, but Jelly offers similar ownership (6% vs 5%) for a much cheaper price.

Supercoach.png

View attachment 1627810View attachment 1627808
still not sure on the rookies just yet.

overall happy with the team now, maybe one short in the backline.

any suggestions?
I'd just ask what are you expecting of Draper?
He scored under 70 in 9 games last year
Including games scoring 6, 21, 34, 42, 47 points..

He's not going to become a 100 averaging ruck
He's not going to make enough money to bridge directly to a true premo.
If he stinks, unless you make another trade, you're severely limited in who you can trade to.

I'd also be worried about having to field one of Greene, Davey and Caminiti
Greene as a low possession goal kicker whilst playing in Hawthorns forward line could easily average 40 and have weeks where he scores hardly anything.

Honestly, this thing is now doing my head in. Can’t wait to finally lock a side in this weekend and be done with it.

After hundreds of different iterations I have come down to 2 final drafts, each with slightly different structures going into Rd1. One is vanilla AF but very solid structurally. It’s the safest choice going into rd1 but it lacks a POD which bores me. The other one I’m slightly favoring purely because of the ultra SP Pods in midfield but it lacks punch up forward (also fading Taranto which makes me a little nervous).

Team Vanilla
4932DD6E-3654-4D8F-A7A0-8177230EEC50.jpeg C127176D-227D-4595-8C06-6D660FE43271.jpeg

Team midfield POD

DDE6CA96-DEDE-4C78-AA00-BAD2E51D44BB.jpeg 083C5D14-BCC5-4BC5-AEB7-44DA28ADC56B.jpeg

Having the likes of Neale Touk over popular Green Hopper types ive seen in most sides appeals greatly to me but I have to fade Taranto up forward. Would be relying on Fyfe Bruhn (another POD) to pick up the slack. Unlike most, I’m quietly bullish on Fyfe. Although playing exclusively forward during PS, I think come crunch time he’ll spend important minutes in the midfield during season proper which could elevate him into 90+avg bracket. $$$.

The main difference between these two sides falls down to:

Hopper v Bruhn
Jelly v Neale
Cogs v Touk
Taranto v Fyfe

Last edited:
So many of you campaigners have so many rookies on field in the forward line. I’ve just restructured to have no rookies in the forward line, I don’t trust any of them, not even McLean, I don’t like his job security. Davey, Phillipou and Greene should be safe, but I reckon you’re only getting in the 60’s at best at F6 if so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back