AFL Player #23: Harrison Jones - God-tier Hands

Remove this Banner Ad

Severity of injury? Once he went off, Dees started to intercept much more easily.
I noticed this as well. Petty got off the chain when Jones went off and was intercepting everything in the 3rd quarter.

Structurally it shows why they continue to pick him. Don't know what he came off with though, hopefully right with a big break until Anzac day?

I noticed this as well. Petty got off the chain when Jones went off and was intercepting everything in the 3rd quarter.

Structurally it shows why they continue to pick him. Don't know what he came off with though, hopefully right with a big break until Anzac day?
Lyon and Dunstall were like, "Petty has upped his game and is intercepting everything," as though they could not link this to Jones going off. Idiots.

Ankle injury, will be given every chance to prove his fitness
Ankle injury, will be given every chance to prove his fitness
Young key position player Harrison Jones will be monitored after injuring his ankle in Essendon's win over Melbourne on Saturday.

McPherson said he will be given every chance to prove their fitness.

"'Jonesy' suffered an ankle injury on the weekend," he said.

"On a modified program early in the week, but the longer break gives him a good chance to be available to play."

Two years ago, and even last year, I thought this guy was going to be a very special player. It saddens me to see him out of the side and I am hoping it is just a temporary thing.

Can we play him and Weiderman in the same team? Or do we try and play him in a different position for flexibility like we are currently doing with Langford?
I'd play Jones and drop Phillips. Weid can do some backup ruck. Phillips has been poor the past two weeks. Jones can work hard up the ground and provide a marking option.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He missed the vfl and the afl on Anzac weekend, omitted but also dealing with an ankle injury that didn’t quite come up.

Then last weekend he was an AFL emergency but there was no VFL so he didn’t play at all.

If he’s supposed to be finding form and confidence then I’m not sure how he’s supposed to do it without actually playing

He missed the vfl and the afl on Anzac weekend, omitted but also dealing with an ankle injury that didn’t quite come up.

Then last weekend he was an AFL emergency but there was no VFL so he didn’t play at all.

If he’s supposed to be finding form and confidence then I’m not sure how he’s supposed to do it without actually playing
That sounds like a week or two in the VFL is in order.

Unlucky time to cop an injury basically

He's got the workrate to play defence, he has no problem getting to the contests and getting a hand on the ball, and would benefit from getting a bunch of uncontested marks. Why not try it?

Unlucky time to cop an injury basically
yep... and now he's not named at either level and I can't find any evidence that he was even at training, he's not in the club's training photos or any of the photos posted by plebs on the internet, nor is he mentioned in any training notes

yep... and now he's not named at either level and I can't find any evidence that he was even at training, he's not in the club's training photos or any of the photos posted by plebs on the internet, nor is he mentioned in any training notes
Does he even exist?

Something Ive noticed amongst this group of new KPF's, they all seem to have a nasty, aggressive streak in them.

Van Rooyen, Cadman, Ugle Hagan.

Jones is a nice player who im not sure will stick his head where it shouldn't go
The last line is rubbish. He has had zero issues attacking the footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back