5th Ashes Test England v Australia July 27-31 1930hrs @ The Oval

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

This innings from Warner is reminding me of another flat track bully Hayden who made a ton in the 5th test of the 2005 Ashes series at The Oval.

Like Warner he couldn't buy a rum on the tougher English pitches and then cashed in on The Oval flat track to boost his series average.
You mean, like all those pommie batters making 100s yesterday in bright sunshine?

Not a lot has happened for England yet.
Barely any plays and misses and no chances
Punters were on to it really quickly… Australia had crashed in to favourite while Winviz and all the wizz-bang computer predictors still had England up around 60%. Pitch and ball are doing zilch for the bowling side.

Punters were on to it really quickly… Australia had crashed in to favourite while Winviz and all the wizz-bang computer predictors still had England up around 60%. Pitch and ball are doing zilch for the bowling side.

That’s what was so annoying about the first innings.

This innings from Warner is reminding me of another flat track bully Hayden who made a ton in the 5th test of the 2005 Ashes series at The Oval.

Like Warner he couldn't buy a rum on the tougher English pitches and then cashed in on The Oval flat track to boost his series average.
Normally one buys a rum at the bar. They brought the bottle on to the pitch?

Having 384, this is under the most extreme of pressure. Never mind the pitch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was thinking if we lose the last session to rain it wasn't the worst thing in the world for us, provided we got to tea 0 or 1 down.

My thinking there was that a hypothetical 1/190 is probably the time when we throw away a good position, based on what we've seen this series. It's counterintuitive to normal cricket thinking, because batsmen like momentum. But I kinda saw that as a good spot to aim for, go off and regroup and go again tomorrow. I don't like thinking that way and I don't think the batsmen would share that sentiment, but that was just my gut feel l.

But England will definitely be the happier team with the rain coming now. 240 runs is still a long way to go and we were in a great position to knock off another 50 or so before tea.

Pretty sad stuff, even by your standards Plugger.

Back