Mega Thread Adam Goodes (Trolls will be carded - read OP!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Booing at the football is a wonderful Australian tradition. In some cultures, whistling is used to express displeasure but in Australia, we boo. To prevent you from embarrassing yourself, review the following cultural guidelines for booing, as demonstrated by football's great Tony Lockett.

Booing at the football is acceptable in the following circumstances:

1. If an opposition player is taking a set shot, for example:

893292-tony-lockett.jpg

2. If an opposition player has belted one of your players earlier in the game:

550423-e2ae056e-cf55-11e3-ae84-eacdfc097015.jpg

3. If a former member of your team is playing against you (generally for the first time but it may be any time they play well against you):

1008920-jun-1999-tony-lockett-number-four-for-sydney-gettyimages.jpg

4. If an umpire makes a decision you disagree with:

Lockett_8moments_05_stk2.jpg

Other situations where booing is tolerated are:

5. As your team leaves the ground in a game or series of games where they put in no effort. Normally reserved for Richmond (spitting is optional).

6. As the umpires leave the ground. This is a moment where opposition supporters can join together after the game and declare "We are one!" as they head for the close confines of the train.

Thankyou for your attention. Follow these guidelines and nobody will mistake you for a moron or racist.

Bolt has been proved in the courts to be guilty of breaching the racial vilification act. Any comment from him other positive support for Goodes is worthless as his moral authority on issues of race are founded on a bedrock of warm sewage.

As for Eddie, was he silent all week and then chose to make a statement only to accuse Swans supporters of being about to incite a race riot with eggs? *facepalm*

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

THIS - I have said this in the past how he started a lot of Goodes hate and the sheep followed. Blow hard rules influencer
He criminally assaulted Nev Bruns in the most cowardly attack in the history of football. He was let off lightly. He is despised by the great Hawthorn player Don Scott. Said Mathews tried to hit him with a cheap shop at training. Mathews has no credibility when it comes to fairness and the rules.

Bolt has been proved in the courts to be guilty of breaching the racial vilification act. Any comment from him other positive support for Goodes is worthless as his moral authority on issues of race are founded on a bedrock of warm sewage.

As for Eddie, was he silent all week and then chose to make a statement only to accuse Swans supporters of being about to incite a race riot with eggs? *facepalm*

Eggs and a race riot? Did ambervale, Redfern or Cronulla have eggs? Has any incident involving eggs lead to any sort of riot? Let's say an egg was thrown what is the most likely result? Some douche bag gets arrested and charged for throwing an egg? Or everyone decides to start belting people who aren't the same skin colour as them?

Typical triple chin, speaking before thinking, revealing he's a moron.

MB Goodes thread has become this bizarre out-of-control giant malevolent python (474 pages when I just checked!) where every disaffected keyboard warrior can superimpose their peculiar grudges against society onto the human being that used to be Adam Goodes before the internet trope that is also now Adam Goodes subsumed the real Adam Goodes.

Holy s**t this has been a trying week of being not only a Swans supporter but a supporter of Goodesy in general.

It's almost feels like if you support Goodesy then you are un-Australian the way people have been carrying on. All you need to do is share a post about him or change you profile picture or cover photo of to Goodesy on Facebook and you are suddenly the enemy. I can't even leave the house with any Swans gear on without someone having their two bobs worth and it get's me soo riled up to the point where I'm nearly in tears.

I guess it's harder in Tasmania where a majority of the state is still stuck in the 1950's.

Not trying to get people to fell sorry for me, just need a place to vent.

Holy s**t this has been a trying week of being not only a Swans supporter but a supporter of Goodesy in general.

It's almost feels like if you support Goodesy then you are un-Australian the way people have been carrying on. All you need to do is share a post about him or change you profile picture or cover photo of to Goodesy on Facebook and you are suddenly the enemy. I can't even leave the house with any Swans gear on without someone having their two bobs worth and it get's me soo riled up to the point where I'm nearly in tears.

I guess it's harder in Tasmania where a majority of the state is still stuck in the 1950's.

Just goes to show that Australia has a long, long way to go...

Inside today's Sydney Morning Herald

upload_2015-8-1_12-22-33.png

Same here man. I normally go to my local pokies/TAB venue to watch AFL on a Saturday (Since i am out grocery shopping at the same time) But this weekend, i think it's best i watch the match on Foxfooty in my own home.

Eggs and a race riot? Did ambervale, Redfern or Cronulla have eggs? Has any incident involving eggs lead to any sort of riot? Let's say an egg was thrown what is the most likely result? Some douche bag gets arrested and charged for throwing an egg? Or everyone decides to start belting people who aren't the same skin colour as them?

Typical triple chin, speaking before thinking, revealing he's a moron.

Perhaps the riot he was alluding to would be between the Collingwood supporters scrambling to lick the delicious remains off concrete for dinner? :eek:

This post is pretty depressing.

You're not alone. Even quite enlightened friends have asked me to explain what all the fuss is about.

Hopefully today's game will be cathartic.

MB Goodes thread has become this bizarre out-of-control giant malevolent python (474 pages when I just checked!) where every disaffected keyboard warrior can superimpose their peculiar grudges against society onto the human being that used to be Adam Goodes before the internet trope that is also now Adam Goodes subsumed the real Adam Goodes.

I've been having a bit of fun in there calling them out on their BS, great cure for a severe bout of jet lag

Remove this Banner Ad

Back