Traded Adam Saad [traded to Carlton with #48 and #78 for #8 and #87]

Who won this trade?

• Essendon

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Carlton

Votes: 18 64.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

They just said on Trade Radio that Saad isn't worth pick 8 and that Carlton have to pay pick 8 because they have no other options. He's worth a late first.

They needed to trade pick 8 for two late first rounders, then get Saad to nominate the club.

Apparently no one is willing to trade up for pick 8.

Next years first or 2 x Second Rounders? ;)

What if we have already used Pick 8? :think:

Bulldogs first rounder this year for our first rounder next year as a base? :cool:

I haven't said anywhere that it would be a straight swap. In fact you've selectively quoted me:

For some reason you only picked out the first sentence to respond to?

Oh rubbish. I directly addressed the entirety of your post by suggesting Carlton trade for a pick in the range you regarded as fair. The question was if Carlton met those parameters i.e. attained an additional pick that is deemed fair value by reasonable posters, would Dodo accept it; your answer was no.

IMO this outs your claim of accepting Saad's fair value as disingenuous. You want a top 10 pick out of the Saad trade, so own it. Handing something back doesn't change that. So when you encounter posters who say Saad isn't worth a top 10 pick, at least be genuine about it, rather than pretending it's merely a matter of circumstance and you accept a late first rounder as his fair value.

Oh rubbish. I directly addressed the entirety of your post by suggesting Carlton trade for a pick in the range you regarded as fair. The question was if Carlton met those parameters i.e. attained an additional pick that is deemed fair value by reasonable posters, would Dodo accept it; your answer was no.

IMO this outs your claim of accepting Saad's fair value as disingenuous. You want a top 10 pick out of the Saad trade, so own it. Handing something back doesn't change that. So when you encounter posters who say Saad isn't worth a top 10 pick, at least be genuine about it, rather than pretending it's merely a matter of circumstance and you accept a late first rounder as his fair value.
Nah you didn't. And I'm not going to spend the next 6 hours going around in circles while you misrepresent my position and then argue against a straw man.

Have a great day.

Next years first or 2 x Second Rounders? ;)

What if we have already used Pick 8? :think:

Bulldogs first rounder this year for our first rounder next year as a base? :cool:

I'd imagine next years first would almost be preferable, if there's any chance for a Dunkley trade actually occurring it'll need to be with 2021 selections.

I'd imagine next years first would almost be preferable, if there's any chance for a Dunkley trade actually occurring it'll need to be with 2021 selections.

So many deals going on and so much to play out. Next years first could easily be in the mix. People saying all we have is Pick 8 really have no idea.

For Essendon yes, I wonder if it would be preferable for us...we could back ourselves to rise up the ladder but there's always a risk we don't. Personally I'd prefer we trade 8 as I think it's devalued given a lot of the top prospects from VIC didn't play/develop...I'd rather keep our 2021 1st rounder for draft or mainly to use to trade in a big name target then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

According to sources carlton won’t have pick 8 after tomorrow. Trading to Collingwood for Stephenson and 16. Saad for 16 is all that’s left if they ask for more we will just draft Saad at 16.
I'd take pick 16 for him but are Carlton really after Stephenson? Wouldn't they prefer our second rounder to him? Seems like this is a deal to just deny Essendon pick 8 no matter what

we could back ourselves to rise up the ladder but there's always a risk we don't.

This is true, dropping $1.5m on incoming recruits you'd hope they'd back themselves though.

My personal opinion is CFC First 2020 or 2021 for Saad + pick would be a reasonable enough outcome for both.

I'd take pick 16 for him but are Carlton really after Stephenson? Wouldn't they prefer our second rounder to him? Seems like this is a deal to just deny Essendon pick 8 no matter what
Essendon don’t have a second rounder and I doubt you’d trade for the 2021 version. Unless we offer up our 2021 first. I don’t mind giving it up for your second and Saad.

Essendon don’t have a second rounder and I doubt you’d trade for the 2021 version. Unless we offer up our 2021 first. I don’t mind giving it up for your second and Saad.
We'll probably end up with Port's second rounder from the Fantasia trade

This is true, dropping $1.5m on incoming recruits you'd hope they'd back themselves though.

My personal opinion is CFC First 2020 or 2021 for Saad + pick would be a reasonable enough outcome for both.

I'm OK with pick 8 for Saad & either your 2021 2nd rounder or if you can get an early 20s pick from Port.

I think most reasonable people would be happy with Saad for a pick around 12-15, or for 8 with 28 or our 2nd next year going back.
Cannot see us getting any more for him.

I think most reasonable people would be happy with Saad for a pick around 12-15, or for 8 with 28 or our 2nd next year going back.
Cannot see us getting any more for him.

I think you're going to get pick 8 in a straight swap.

I don't think Austin knows how to play with the big boys.

It’ll get done. Relax and ignore the nuffy stuff.

When asked if Carlton's pick No.8 should be part of the trade for the star defender, Dodoro was unequivocal in his response.

"I think that's a fair deal. Carlton aren't being unreasonable. We're discussing certain elements of that trade and I'm sure it'll get done," he said.

It’ll get done. Relax and ignore the nuffy stuff.

When asked if Carlton's pick No.8 should be part of the trade for the star defender, Dodoro was unequivocal in his response.

"I think that's a fair deal. Carlton aren't being unreasonable. We're discussing certain elements of that trade and I'm sure it'll get done," he said.

Nah but the shitty AFL journalists posted some clickbait and I’m raged up and so it can’t just be all reasonable and done.

Back