Banter Adelaide Board's Combined Politics/Covid discussion Banter Thread (WARNING NOT FOR THE FAINT-HEARTED)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albo is already our greatest PM - the very first words out of his mouth two minutes ago was paying respect and acknowledgement to the traditional owners of this great land. This is REAL leadership. Congratulations Albo - we did it. All caring, educated and humanitarian Australians congratulate you from the bottom of our working class hearts

A new Australia has tonight spread its wings and taken flight. A working class boy from humble single parent upbringings stands before us tonight our new PM. The dusty pages of future history will record him as our greatest PM. A hero and inspiration for all working class people to reach for the stars

I’m saying they haven’t changed their policies to move right, you and Kane haven’t provided examples. What you could have said was the Libs didn’t move their climate policy to what the electorate wanted but you didn’t.

So they haven’t moved right, they just didn’t change. But now Labor and the Greens have control we will move from impending disaster, the worlds been saved
Ignoring science and ignoring technology is a huge shift to the right, being so obviously anti trans is at direct conflict with the Liberal constitution FFS.

in which an intelligent, free and liberal Australian
democracy is maintained by:-
i) a Parliament controlling the Executive and
the Law controlling all;
ii) independence of the Judiciary;
iii) freedom of speech, religion and association;
iv) freedom of citizens to choose their own
way of living and of life, subject to the
rights of others;
v) protecting the people against exploitation;
vi) looking primarily to the encouragement of
individual initiative and enterprise as the
dynamic force of progress;
vii) developing to the fullest extent a national
spirit in Australia;
They've pandered to the right and paid a price.

Hardly, you’ve now had fellow lefties acknowledge nothings change, that I can accept and that hurt them. You’ve just made more wishy washy Kane bullshit posts and then laugh. How has their climate policy gone further right in the last 3 terms? Considering it hasn’t you can’t answer, you just deflect, that’s your style.
COAL-ition lead by ScoMo who brings a lump of coal into parliament... compared to Turnbull who wanted to do more for the climate...& they knifed him.

Albo is already our greatest PM - the very first words out of his mouth two minutes ago was paying respect and acknowledgement to the traditional owners of this great land. This is REAL leadership. Congratulations Albo - we did it. All caring, educated and humanitarian Australians congratulate you from the bottom of our working class hearts

A new Australia has tonight spread its wings and taken flight. A working class boy from humble single parent upbringings stands before us tonight our new PM. The dusty pages of future history will record him as our greatest PM. A hero and inspiration for all working class people to reach for the stars
That's a big call.

FWIW, Morrison started his concession speech with the obligatory acknowledgement of Gadigal country too.

No doubt he is sharpening his pencil ahead of a big night of making formal Lib votes informal.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Are you willing to testify to that? I’m preparing a dossier

Is he counting in Boothby ?

Ok.

The first thing I’ll say if what happens behind the scenes is across the country then we have probably best democracy in the world.

I was the Declaration Officer, which basically covers people voting in SA but not the Hindmarsh electorate. I had people voting from all the other SA electorates.

Now not wanting to big note myself by I was impartial (as required) and the OIC was impressed by my attention to detail and quickness in counting (all votes are counted twice and double checked by another worker).

Will I do it again? Yes.

And could tell a few stories of the day. We had a great team at Grange and given it was one of the largest booths in Hindmarsh we were all done inc the 2PP and the Senate by 8.30pm.

They've pandered to the right and paid a price.
Murdoch media and the far-right wing of the LNP have been pushing Republican talking points lately, but instead of dragging the electorate right with them it's just resulted in their support in metro areas collapsing and going to independents.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Murdoch media and the far-right wing of the LNP have been pushing Republican talking points lately, but instead of dragging the electorate right with them it's just resulted in their support in metro areas collapsing and going to independents.
We don't have the same issues as the US with rural voters having a disproportionate impact.

Tell you what's funny, check out the conservative function in Hungary hosted by dictator in waiting Orbin. Half the Republican party supporter group has rolled up.

But they won yeah? And he didn’t go further right yeah?

If I was to outline what went wrong was he was always ultra right, but he stuck stubbornly to the right and refused to listen to the people. He was condescending in his press conferences and debates, his policies were just bullying and that he knows better than everyone. It wasn't he went more right, it was just badly exposed this term under an opposition leader who had real ideas and clearly listened to the people.

I now get why Barnaby was ranting about independents earlier in the night. I thought he was just drunk but he must have known what was coming down the pike.

Scomos captains pick Katherine Deeves is an anti trans crusader.

How further right do you want Mussolini?
Birmingham said ScoMo should have disendorsed Deeves.

ScoMo's captains picks over what the local electorates picked was a huge mistake & unhealthy for politics.

One thing I noted this morning when I cast my vote was that all the Liberal how-to-vote volunteers were either young men with boyband haircuts and elite private school faces or really old hunchbacked pensioners - nothing at all in-between. Very, very, very, very odd

Albo looked like he had a few tears before he hit the stage. Good sign. Someone that really wants the success.
Seems far more genuine than ScoMo.

Birmingham said ScoMo should have disendorsed Deeves.

ScoMo's captains picks over what the local electorates picked was a huge mistake & unhealthy for politics.
They were awful, divisive picks.

I'm looking forward to see who leads the Libs, it's a shame Dutton is even in the conversation

If anything, this was a Greenslide.

Whether it's Teals, listing Climate Change as one of their 3 top priorities, or the Greens themselves (who appear likely to win 6 more seats (3 in each house)), it's been a massive win for green-tinged candidates - and a huge repudiation of the climate change deniers in the ranks of the LNP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back