Banter Adelaide Board's Combined Politics/Covid discussion Banter Thread (WARNING NOT FOR THE FAINT-HEARTED)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now we are playing the game, which party has China infiltrated more... clearly the answer is both of them, in very worrying underhanded ways which we should be rightly concerned.

It's why I would prefer political donations to be wiped out & parties paid more by election votes.

We don't want to move more towards the US model where politicians are bought by different interest groups.

ol clive was none too pleased

Business
31 JAN 2019 3:06 PM AEDT

Palmer blasts WA Government for allowing Chinese control of Australian airports​

Clive Palmer has blasted the WA Government for allowing Chinese control of Australian airports.
“It should ring alarm bells for all Australians that the WA Labor Government has allowed Merredin Airport to transfer into Chinese ownership, meaning Australian aircraft need Chinese permission to land on their own soil,” Mr Palmer said.

Yeh the big fat one who deals with Chinese companies - yeh, no double standards there.

ol clive was none too pleased

Business
31 JAN 2019 3:06 PM AEDT

Palmer blasts WA Government for allowing Chinese control of Australian airports​

Clive Palmer has blasted the WA Government for allowing Chinese control of Australian airports.
“It should ring alarm bells for all Australians that the WA Labor Government has allowed Merredin Airport to transfer into Chinese ownership, meaning Australian aircraft need Chinese permission to land on their own soil,” Mr Palmer said.
Mate Meridith Airport was Sold to China Southern Airlines for $1 in 1995. By the Local Shire.
The Airport is currently in Liquidation, and for sale by liquidator Grant Thornton Australia.
Mark McGowen Was 28 and was a Councillor for the City of Rockingham when the Airport was Sold

Yeh the big fat one who deals with Chinese companies - yeh, no double standards there.
He still hasn't repaid the money he stole from them & wasted on his political campaigns.

Mind you he still hasn't paid all his employees their entitlements either.

Why this crook isn't in jail is beyond me.

Mate Meridith Airport was Sold to China Southern Airlines for $1 in 1995. By the Local Shire.
The Airport is currently in Liquidation, and for sale by liquidator Grant Thornton Australia.
Mark McGowen Was 28 and was a Councillor for the City of Rockingham when the Airport was Sold
No - it was LEASED in 1995 for $1. Clive is stating it has since transferred ownership in full under WA Labor - now Clive might be wrong, and he might not be

No - it was LEASED in 1995 for $1. Clive is stating it has since transferred ownership in full under WA Labor - now Clive might be wrong, and he might not be
Maybe You need to check on that. liquidator Grant Thornton Australia seems to believe it was Sold The New Daily, The West Australian and the ABC seem to believe it was Sold back then. As they have Published,
"Merredin Airport, 260 kilometres east of Perth, which the local shire sold to China Southern Airlines for $1 in 1995".

Maybe You need to check on that. liquidator Grant Thornton Australia seems to believe it was Sold The New Daily, The West Australian and the ABC seem to believe it was Sold back then. As they have Published,
"Merredin Airport, 260 kilometres east of Perth, which the local shire sold to China Southern Airlines for $1 in 1995".

well here are articles that say it was leased and about to be sold - dated end 2017

So I am with Clive until someone actually proves what he said here was wrong

well here are articles that say it was leased and about to be sold - dated end 2017

So I am with Clive until someone actually proves what he said here was wrong
I guess We will find out when liquidator Grant Thornton Australia complete the resale of the airport,

But I tend to believe the Comment from A councillor at the time,
Martin Morris said the airstrip was costing the shire money.

“We'd sell it for a dollar, as long as it still remained a public airfield and no one was charged landing fees to use it,” he said.

Has influenza been eliminated? Reality is that we need to live with this virus as we do influenza, accepting this has nothing to do with being an anti-vaxxer. Again, the total lack of nuance from the usual moron type.
You know SFA about this virus and you think that it is the same as influenza? Who's the moron here? And I assume you also think that the annual flu shot doesn't do anything. The nuance is that you morons don't believe that vaccines work and it is stupid to believe they do. I don't know how old you are or if you have kids. But I would like to know if you have have taken any medicine prescribed by a doctor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“Aged Care Services Minister Richard Colbeck has defended his decision to go to the cricket on the same day he refused to front a Senate hearing on the government’s handling of the Omicron wave, revealed under public disclosure rules.”

my God… what do these journo’s think ffs.. that hearings into the way aged care has been handled during covid is more important than Ashes test cricket??..

Oh dear, we don’t know how to negotiate so its all the ALP and Greens fault. Take some responsibility and accountability ffs!

what seems clear is that if the coalition can't get legislation through the senate it's their failure to negotiate. But when it's Labor in the same predicament it's the liberals saying no just to screw labor over.

Lambie speaks her mind...WOW

And sh*t falls out of her mouth every time she opens it...She's an absolute bogan and it says a lot about the standards required to be a Politician in these times.

she's representative of the people that vote for her. Bit easier in Tassie though with their over-representation in the senate. I'd hate to imagine the types of dipshits you'd see from the NT if they had 12 senators.

she's representative of the people that vote for her. Bit easier in Tassie though with their over-representation in the senate. I'd hate to imagine the types of dipshits you'd see from the NT if they had 12 senators.
VOTE 1. Jim smith of humpty doo..he lives in a half finished core filled block outbuilding and champions rights of wombats and is worried about the north pole melting

Last edited:
Interesting that the Free the Flag group have been asking the government since 2019 and now the day before Australia Day and within a few months of an election it happens. 🤔🤔🤔

in reality all they've done is open the chequebook to the extent required to acquire the copyright from the designer. It's not really much of an accomplishment.

you wouldn't last in an advisory role either.
What do you mean?

I have lasted more than a decade advising the same organisations whilst others have been & gone... because I'm the best at what I do.

Now we are playing the game, which party has China infiltrated more... clearly the answer is both of them, in very worrying underhanded ways which we should be rightly concerned.

It's why I would prefer political donations to be wiped out & parties paid more by election votes.

We don't want to move more towards the US model where politicians are bought by different interest groups.

saw a headline that Malinauskas is proposing this. Didn't read the article though.

Well, imagine a guy like this throwing his hat in the ring..its easy to imagine a few that post on here voting for him

FB_IMG_1634688393240.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back