Autopsy AFL 2023 Grand Final - Pies vs Lions Sat Sept 30th 2:30pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 29 5.9%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 20 4.1%
  • Pies by 7-20

Votes: 116 23.6%
  • Lions by 7-20

Votes: 216 43.9%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 47 9.6%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 53 10.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 11 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Biggest ever comeback in a grand final at 3/4 is 24 points in 1984. They’d want to be a bit closer I’d reckon.
Maybe, but it's all mental. They'll both be knackered at that stage with the heat, in this scenario.
The crowd starts "Coooollingwoood, Coooollingwoood", get a quick goal or two, and tired Lions could try and save it, which won't end well if 20 points up with 15 minutes to go...

Wild to me that the round 23 game seems to be referenced as a plus for Brisbane, when they won by 4 goals, but the Pies had no De Goey, Moore, Nick Daicos or Bobby Hill. Four of the sixish most influential players at the Pies.

Surprised that isn't getting mentioned...

You had them all in round 4 and lost by six goals.

Wild.

Wild to me that the round 23 game seems to be referenced as a plus for Brisbane, when they won by 4 goals, but the Pies had no De Goey, Moore, Nick Daicos or Bobby Hill. Four of the sixish most influential players at the Pies.

Generally winning is seen as a positive, yes.

Mate. It's mentioned by every pies supporter. But it's not like those 4 weren't available the previous 5 losses before that. Maybe some weren't but it's not the only time.

In saying that. Our last game is irrelevant. Just like our win streak is irrelevant. Mcg is irrelevant. I'm sure if we are good enough to win we will. Same with the pies.

Collingwood will murder the banana benders who won't have some American BS song playing and instead, will have to cope with the sound of 80,000 Collingwood supporters singing coooooo ling woooood - half way through the third quarter.

Moore will make floppy Daniher look like his off-sider Hipwood who is built like a pretzel and plays like one.
Niacos will come in after the heat is off ( smart move Fly) and set up Mihocek and Elliott for 3 a piece - before he kicks a couple just for the larfs.
DeGooey will make Brisbane's tagger look like the Western Bulldogs escapee he is.

and Neil won't be playing like Bontompelli - the bloke who should have won the Brownlow.

The only thing that can go wrong is teh wobbles - but I think the coach at Collingwood doesn't believe in all that BS since he knows a thing or two about winning flags himself as a player.

All teh fantsy pants set-up kicks from HBF from Brisbane won't be opening up the ground for the bananas - because the G is 2X longer than the yabadaba kiddie park Brisbane like to play on - they may actually have to run a bit in this game and their forwards aren't used to having to see 3 1/2 kicks to get to them instead of 2.

Maynard will be all over Cameron like chilly jam on toast , Pendles despite now playing like the game is in slow motion will have a blinder, Sidebottom will grow hair at halftime in celebration, and the Big Cox is my tip for the Norm Smith after he wipes the floor with the bloke who rucks for Brisbane- as well as kicking the first three goals for Collingwood.

If none of that works and it is a close game- bet your house on Jamie Elliott kicking a goal from 50 meters on the boundary after the siren - for Collingwood to win by a point. That should be enough to see Fagan off and back to join up with his buddy Clarkson at Nor(f)ths.

I'll be playing golf - the thought of Collingwood winning a flag is making me nauseous - and I can't see the bananas playing 'their brand' of yababadabadoo footy and making it work on the G.

This game has all the hallmarks of the same rubbish that Sydney served up last year - Pies supporters are already stocking up on the gallon flasks of cheap Port to finish off a fine day.

Horrible just horrible.

Collingwood will murder the banana benders who won't have some American BS song playing and instead, will have to cope with the sound of 80,000 Collingwood supporters singing coooooo ling woooood - half way through the third quarter.

Moore will make floppy Daniher look like his off-sider Hipwood who is built like a pretzel and plays like one.
Niacos will come in after the heat is off ( smart move Fly) and set up Mihocek and Elliott for 3 a piece - before he kicks a couple just for the larfs.
DeGooey will make Brisbane's tagger look like the Western Bulldogs escapee he is.

and Neil won't be playing like Bontompelli - the bloke who should have won the Brownlow.

The only thing that can go wrong is teh wobbles - but I think the coach at Collingwood doesn't believe in all that BS since he knows a thing or two about winning flags himself as a player.

All teh fantsy pants set-up kicks from HBF from Brisbane won't be opening up the ground for the bananas - because the G is 2X longer than the yabadaba kiddie park Brisbane like to play on - they may actually have to run a bit in this game and their forwards aren't used to having to see 3 1/2 kicks to get to them instead of 2.

Maynard will be all over Cameron like chilly jam on toast , Pendles despite now playing like the game is in slow motion will have a blinder, Sidebottom will grow hair at halftime in celebration, and the Big Cox is my tip for the Norm Smith after he wipes the floor with the bloke who rucks for Brisbane- as well as kicking the first three goals for Collingwood.

If none of that works and it is a close game- bet your house on Jamie Elliott kicking a goal from 50 meters on the boundary after the siren - for Collingwood to win by a point. That should be enough to see Fagan off and back to join up with his buddy Clarkson at Nor(f)ths.

I'll be playing golf - the thought of Collingwood winning a flag is making me nauseous - and I can't see the bananas playing 'their brand' of yababadabadoo footy and making it work on the G.

This game has all the hallmarks of the same rubbish that Sydney served up last year - Pies supporters are already stocking up on the gallon flasks of cheap Port to finish off a fine day.

Horrible just horrible.
Good to see you have recovered well from last week.

Enjoy the golf - hopefully you find some balls something your team couldn’t after qtr time last week.

It's usually just Daniher backing up McInerney. Daniher's pretty uncompetitive in the ruck contest, but he's quite good for his size once the ball hits the ground. Him playing second ruck has been important to his turnaround in form after that Dogs came he copped criticism for.
Agree with this, Daniher isn't a great tap ruck, but he competes and he is agile for a big bloke at ground level.
It helped him get his hands on the footy and get into a bit of a rhythm at times when he wasn't running on top of the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Question: who is Dayne Beams betting on tomorrow?

Answer: no one, he spent all his money

hopefully we don't get a repeat of that ridiculous one sided umpiring of last week where the free count Pies/GWS was about 12 all. Toby Green should have got a free for ducking in that tackle. Ginnivan gets them every time.
GWS on balance was definitely hard done by with some if the umpiring late (just in terms of more decisions that could have gone their way not being called.because the umps swallowed the whistle, it wasn't a conspiracy).
The Ginnivan comment is bizarre, though.
He can't buy a free kick from the umpires. He contributed to it himself, there's a bit of 'the boy who cried wolf' in it, but cloud cuckoo land stuff to act like he's still getting the calls, the pendulum has long since swung back the other way there.

Question: who is Dayne Beams betting on tomorrow?

Answer: no one, he spent all his money
Beams completed the rare double of being an absolute deadshit at two clubs, and one of them twice.

Grand final rumour mill:

I just heard that to celebrate the traditional rivalry between these two clubs, Nathan Buckley and Mal Michael will have a wrestling match at halftime, changing their jumpers after each pin.

None of it means anything in the end. In 2010, we were champs and I headed into the city mu brother was plastered, we were yelling screaming singing. In the spaces between, the empty moments, the abyss is there waiting for you.
Bloody hell

Not sure I’m gunna be able to get out of bed to watch the GF after reading that ~

Back