Autopsy AFL 2023 Grand Final - Pies vs Lions Sat Sept 30th 2:30pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 29 5.9%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 20 4.1%
  • Pies by 7-20

Votes: 116 23.6%
  • Lions by 7-20

Votes: 216 43.9%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 47 9.6%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 53 10.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 11 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Biggest ever comeback in a grand final at 3/4 is 24 points in 1984. They’d want to be a bit closer I’d reckon.
Maybe, but it's all mental. They'll both be knackered at that stage with the heat, in this scenario.
The crowd starts "Coooollingwoood, Coooollingwoood", get a quick goal or two, and tired Lions could try and save it, which won't end well if 20 points up with 15 minutes to go...

The same Champion Data that had Melbourne beating Collingwood in the first final; GWS beating Collingwood in the Prelim and Brisbane beating Collingwood in the Grannie. The only thing 'champion' about Champion Data is their consistent irrelevancy.

The same Champion Data that had Grundy as the highest rated ruckman in the comp halfway through the year lol

From my perspective in the stands, Crisp was massive. Surprised he only got 2 votes for the Norm Smith.

But of course Bobby Hill was sensational… big scenes on Smith Street Collingwood with fans singing “Nanananananana Bobby Hill, Bobby Hill, Bobby f***ing Hill”!

Expected score according to Champion Data Collingwood 90, Brisbane 67. I felt watching it live that we didn’t miss too many easy shots and that Hrisbane were taking every chance so that backs it up.

It is okay to admit Frampton is a complete dud. He played a terrible game and was lucky to be on the right side of the result.

Every year a few stinkers slip through.

It is unfortunate that McStay and Adams couldn’t be there but the grand final is about the 23 on the day. History says Frampton is a premiership player. Has done more than us blokes arguing about him. But he’s no good.
My God you are just one moronic take after another. What is wrong with your brain mate? Frampton completely negated Andrews’ intercept marking game. Huge win for the pies.

You’d expect people who spend most of their lives on a football forum to have some idea that teams need defensive role players and that these players are as important to a side as attacking players like Daicos. How can you watch football every week and not understand this?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Frampton with a -4.1 player rating from Champion Data. Even worse than Hipwood at -3.9. These ratings aren't the be all and end all, but are Pies fans still going to justify his game as anything less than a shambles?

To be fair, Bombers and Carlton are behind Collingwood.

Carlton 16 flags, 5 spoons
Essendon 16 flags, 5 spoons

Pies 16 flags, 2 spoons
Essendon won one when there was no fraud final
Carlton - well, let's ignore the paper bags
Collingwood won a few when losing a prelim

Noone has a legitimate 16 flags

Two things i don't get, is it a requirement to wear your playing guernsey over your white shirt with dress shoes and slacks when you win the flag?

And also, what's sunk in? Still hasn't sunk in? How aren't you aware you've won the flag?

Essendon won one when there was no fraud final
Carlton - well, let's ignore the paper bags
Collingwood won a few when losing a prelim

Noone has a legitimate 16 flags
Your last premiership was won after losing to then getting another crack at your GF opposition.

Make sure to scrap that out of the record books. Not to mention you’ve also won previous flags having lost a Qualifying final.

Two things i don't get, is it a requirement to wear your playing guernsey over your white shirt with dress shoes and slacks when you win the flag?

You ever won a flag before as a footy player? That guernsey is cherished.

And also, what's sunk in? Still hasn't sunk in? How aren't you aware you've won the flag?

Imagine you work on that one project for 9 months of a year and it has a 95% chance of failing, but you pull it off. How would that make you feel?

You ever won a flag before as a footy player? That guernsey is cherished.

Imagine you work on that one project for 9 months of a year and it has a 95% chance of failing, but you pull it off. How would that make you feel?
Its such a stupid thing to say, oh yeh nah mate, still hasn't sunk into my brain that I'm a premiership player. It'll take me a few days to process it

Back