Preview AFL Round 19 - MCG Sunday 4.40pm - Changes and Prematch Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Buckley about Reid and Ball;

collingwoodfc: He said that Ben Reid's ankle will be assessed in 24 hours while Ball (calf) is a chance to play next week but won't be risked if unfit.

So it was a calf for Ball, not the knock to the knee as most thought.

We need both next week to win.

Buckley about Reid and Ball;

So it was a calf for Ball, not the knock to the knee as most thought.

We need both next week to win.

Agree. So Ball will come back in for Kennedy

As long as it's not ligaments, Id be backing Reid to play. To be honest, to me Reid looked like a badly rolled ankle, with an 8 day break id be expecting him to play.

Lynch deserves to play but he does he replace?
Seeds should come in if fit
Didak should come in

I was not that Impressed with his game today but if he came in it would before Witts

Id also, drop Witts, play Lynch. Play Lynch as the third tall/second ruck. That is his best role. And from what I saw today, I would gamble on Grundy doing majority of the ruck work. ASSUMING he has the milage in his legs for the role.

Id also, drop Witts, play Lynch. Play Lynch as the third tall/second ruck. That is his best role. And from what I saw today, I would gamble on Grundy doing majority of the ruck work. ASSUMING he has the milage in his legs for the role.

He played his Best in the VFL with that Structure

As for the changes, if Ball is fit he comes in for Kennedy. Anyone know har far away Jolly is? We got shown up a bit in the middle tonight.

Krakouer had 28 possessions in the VFL and I reckon he comes back. Seedsman - if he's fit - probably comes in too, maybe for Sinclair.

As for the changes, if Ball is fit he comes in for Kennedy. Anyone know har far away Jolly is? We got shown up a bit in the middle tonight.

Krakouer had 28 possessions in the VFL and I reckon he comes back. Seedsman - if he's fit - probably comes in too, maybe for Sinclair.

He loves playing against the Bombers too :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He played his Best in the VFL with that Structure
Hes not good enough to be a second tall/ruck. If thats what he was recruited for, we should of kept Dawes. Lynch needs to be our Leigh Brown. Not our Chris Dawes of last year, which it what he was playing as.

Hes not good enough to be a second tall/ruck. If thats what he was recruited for, we should of kept Dawes. Lynch needs to be our Leigh Brown. Not our Chris Dawes of last year, which it what he was playing as.

Yeah Lynch had only 1 good game in the Postion and that was RD 2 vs The Scum.

I agree Dawes should of been Kept. Younger and More Upside

Yeah Lynch had only 1 good game in the Postion and that was RD 2 vs The Scum.

I agree Dawes should of been Kept. Younger and More Upside
Im not saying Dawes should of been kept. Reality is, we were willing to keep him, but he wasn't willing to FIGHT for his spot. So he took Melbourne's $$$ which was double ours and ran. If thats how he wants to do it, cause he doesn't love the club, fine * off. But we can't expect Lynch to play as a second tall and 20% in the ruck. Hes played as a key forward his entire career, and he wasn't an amazing one, he was a good-very good key forward. Lynch has the capacity to ruck but majority of his time should be spent in the forward 50. Apart from Lynch we don't really have anyone else yet who can play the third tall/ruck role. And with today's way of footy, you cannot run with 2 ruckman. Or have 1 key forward in your forward line at one stage. There needs to be atleast two, and when Lynch played, everytime Lynch was in the ruck we only had Cloke as a KP up forward.

In: Jolly/Hudson(If fit), Ball, Seedsman, Krakouer
Out: Witts(very very unlucky, only if Jolly/Hudson are right), Reid (if injured), Kennedy and Dwyer.

Let Dwyer refresh his batteries so he is good to go come finals time. Kennedy the obvious one as he was disappointing today. Witts and Grundy neck and neck to be honest. Neither really deserve to get dropped more than the other. I put Witts though due to lack of agility and pace.

Usually when pendlebury and Swan don't both get over 30 possessions we have an interesting game. Pendles only had 25 today, so maybe that was a struggle for us.

Not really the right thread for my previous post but I couldn't be stuffed changing threads cause I'm on my phone.

No matter what changes we make, this has to happen or we won't get close to defeating what is a good football side;

In: 4 quarters of a high intensity and the right attitude
Out: Whatever the attitude was for the last 6 quarters before that 2nd half last night

Remove this Banner Ad

Back