Player Watch Arlo Draper (Delisted 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

He was just playing in a state league and barely made waves.

He's theoretically a good kick, a good size, and a good athlete, but rarely puts it all together.

I agree, but given time I think he will be very solid at this level in a similar way to Rantall who couldn’t find the ball enough while on our list.

I agree, but given time I think he will be very solid at this level in a similar way to Rantall who couldn’t find the ball enough while on our list.
Jay Rantall was decent at VFL level for us, but couldn't find it at AFL level... But he played 5 mediocre to bad games for Footscray at VFL level this year, so I'm not sure how "solid at this level" applies to him either.

Jay Rantall was decent at VFL level for us, but couldn't find it at AFL level... But he played 5 mediocre to bad games for Footscray at VFL level this year, so I'm not sure how "solid at this level" applies to him either.

He seemed to be doing very well in SANFL last year for Norwood. Reckon that’s about his level.

I thought he would make it at the Pies. Looked to have the talent.

Unfortunately us drafting another bid bodied midfield type in Ed Allan was the nail in the coffin for Arlo, really needed a bit more luck with injury and never really got the opportunity to string the run of quality VFL games together that he needed to stick on the list.

I thought he would make it at the Pies. Looked to have the talent.
Had heaps of talent
  • injured
  • wasn’t played enough in the middle (the only role he was really suited to)
  • most importantly, talent doesn’t make you have the will power to push to contest-to-contest / to chase until you can’t anymore. He just wouldn’t fit our system without being able to do so

Had heaps of talent
  • injured
  • wasn’t played enough in the middle (the only role he was really suited to)
  • most importantly, talent doesn’t make you have the will power to push to contest-to-contest / to chase until you can’t anymore. He just wouldn’t fit our system without being able to do so
His best position was midfield, but didn't get his hands on the footy very often.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back