Player Watch Arlo Draper (Delisted 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolutely ridiculous bargain. I had him at 8 on my overall power ranks. He's that consumate utility that can play inside or out, back or forward or middle. No troubles winning his own ball, strong overhead. Doesn't look super fast but he's quick, can close on opponents quickly when he wants to.

He's got those Bergman/Perkins like traits. Lots of upside and even though I'm very happy with Taylor, passing Draper with our pick before yours did cause some immense pain.

I was hoping that we would take Arlo (or else Taylor - but we probably didn't need Taylor after taking Sheldrick and Roberts) with our pick 40 instead of Corey Warner. Arlo seems like a much more likely type (than Warner), plus he's great mates with Matty Roberts who we took a few picks earlier. By all accounts he's a steal but why did he slip so far?? Good luck to you with him. And good luck to him too.

By all accounts he's a steal but why did he slip so far??

He’s injured and rehabbing - according to our head recruiter he is behind our other draftees because of that.

Maybe the clubs who picked before Collingwood favoured somebody who might have a better chance of making an immediate impact?

He’s injured and rehabbing - according to our head recruiter he is behind our other draftees because of that.

Maybe the clubs who picked before Collingwood favoured somebody who might have a better chance of making an immediate impact?

Thanks for your reply. Seems like a dubious reason unless there is a suggestion the injury may cause lasting effects (as syndesmosis injuries can). Do you know if the recruiter was referring to the shoulder injury or the syndesmosis?

I've now read that others here have suggested it is because of his endurance and defensive accountability. I can well imagine that might explain why the Swans would have left him alone - and also that is hardly a reason the recruiter is going to articulate publicly. I reckon he's got a high ceiling and a low floor (probably why you need curtains). Still a fair option with a pick 45!

Thanks for your reply. Seems like a dubious reason unless there is a suggestion the injury may cause lasting effects (as syndesmosis injuries can). Do you know if the recruiter was referring to the shoulder injury or the syndesmosis?

I've now read that others here have suggested it is because of his endurance and defensive accountability. I can well imagine that might explain why the Swans would have left him alone - and also that is hardly a reason the recruiter is going to articulate publicly. I reckon he's got a high ceiling and a low floor (probably why you need curtains). Still a fair option with a pick 45!
Agreed picks in the 40's are at best high risk, high reward.

His injuries were a rolled ankle and a shoulder that was impact injury. It is strange he slid so far it’s not like clubs expect to draft ready to go players in the 3rd -4th rounds

Also bit of a Knock on his 2 Way Running and teams wanted prospects that ran better both Ways then Draper

Here is the full interview.

Mentions a few things. A pies player was the one that had covid last week. Also yesterday was "intense" "fight" session.
they are renovating the locker rooms + admin which will be done by january

I was hoping that we would take Arlo (or else Taylor - but we probably didn't need Taylor after taking Sheldrick and Roberts) with our pick 40 instead of Corey Warner. Arlo seems like a much more likely type (than Warner), plus he's great mates with Matty Roberts who we took a few picks earlier. By all accounts he's a steal but why did he slip so far?? Good luck to you with him. And good luck to him too.

Why did he slip so far? I thought it was fairly obvious. Clubs playing the percentages. How many 'Arlo's' have been great AFL players?

Why did he slip so far? I thought it was fairly obvious. Clubs playing the percentages. How many 'Arlo's' have been great AFL players?

As far as I can recall, just 1. Our 1. I might have had to slip into the future, but having done that, I can assure you all that you will be happy we picked him up. Or you won’t… I don’t want to give too much away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently the name Arlo is a Saxon word that means fortified hill. I think this bodes well.

Mentions a few things. A pies player was the one that had covid last week. Also yesterday was "intense" "fight" session.

Werid the Club not say Which Player has/had Covid

We love to Pick Players we barley even talk to Pre-Draft

Draper fell because of knocks on his defensive running. That probably matters less depending on where he plays. Indications are we have him with the forwards to start with.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back