FTA-TV Australian Survivor - All Stars

Remove this Banner Ad

Ding dong the witch is dead.

Ep7 #survivordelayed thoughts

- Not interested in hearing Nick's sob story
- Abbie thinking she's some strategic genius is hilarious
- In the US version, Abbie and Mat's confessionals would be seen as a kiss of death
- haha Mat is pissed at the swap
- Surprised Phoebe/Sharn/Mo did that well
- "Filled with professional athlete" Uh, only Lydia counts as a former professional athlete of that lot
- that big surge is more in line with what i expected from a team containing Lydia and Abbie
- Lee/Zach/David was never going to lose a strength competition regardless of who Yellow put up
- "When's your birthday?" What riveting conversation :rolleyes:
- Pandora's Box was such a s**t name for that box
- Is this episode called "Tug-of-War" or something
- well done on the puzzle Nick
- I imagine there are some arachnophobic people who've been scarred by this episode thanks to all the close-ups of that red spider
- "Keep the tribe strong" is a lost cause at this stage imo. this new Yellow tribe aren't winning any pure physical challenges any time soon
- The "I'm comfortable in my position" confessional kiss of death strikes again

I have a couple of thoughts:

- it's a poor edit when you see the votes fall and you have no idea wtf happened. I don't want the vote spoiled, but I do need to know how the person voted out came to be eliminated. (Maybe I just wasn't paying enough attention?)

- it's hard not to be cynical about what we're watching when people get sent to "exile" and return without having to earn their way back. Wtf is that?

Can they fu** off that music right before JLP reads the vote that sends someone home..

Sucks the suspense completely out of it.

Producers/editor's have no clue.

Channel 10's dramatic specialty.

Glad I watch this online, it'd be pure torture watching on regular TV. It's the same amount of content as the US version but just needlessly drawn out just fill an extra half hour of TV time.

I have a couple of thoughts:

- it's a poor edit when you see the votes fall and you have no idea wtf happened. I don't want the vote spoiled, but I do need to know how the person voted out came to be eliminated. (Maybe I just wasn't paying enough attention?)

- it's hard not to be cynical about what we're watching when people get sent to "exile" and return without having to earn their way back. Wtf is that?

The whole exile island bit was pointless. I've just chosen to ignore it ever happened.

I enjoyed watching Abby and Lydia whinge about how Shonee is their weakest link and they need to vote her out so they can win challenges when Shonee sat on the bench in the last challenge and they still got torched.

It’s so confusing that Lydia/John/Abby were so shocked that the majority alliance of the original opposing tribe voted off a member of the majority alliance of their tribe. Isn’t that textbook Survivor?

Not that disappointed to see Abbey go as she was getting annoying with her "keep the tribe strong" shtick but she was unlucky with Shonee coming straight back from exile and landing in her tribe allowing her to get revenge by swinging the votes against her.

It could hurt them in challenges too as they are already at a strength disadvantage against the green tribe, if they vote out Lydia next that disadvantage will only get worse.

I enjoyed watching Abby and Lydia whinge about how Shonee is their weakest link and they need to vote her out so they can win challenges when Shonee sat on the bench in the last challenge and they still got torched.

It’s so confusing that Lydia/John/Abby were so shocked that the majority alliance of the original opposing tribe voted off a member of the majority alliance of their tribe. Isn’t that textbook Survivor?

Abbey and Lydia were the only ones that won a tug of war for their tribe in the reward challenge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So happy Abby went she is such a s**t player. If she really thought running the we need to keep the tribe strong again line would work she is an idiot. It was clear as day that the old Vakama would want to go to merge Vakama strong. Also they were ages out in front in the challenge and lost because they couldn’t communicate and get the puzzle done not due to a strength issue.

She surely had to know she was on the bottom when she went to tribal

So happy Abby went she is such a s**t player. If she really thought running the we need to keep the tribe strong again line would work she is an idiot. It was clear as day that the old Vakama would want to go to merge Vakama strong. Also they were ages out in front in the challenge and lost because they couldn’t communicate and get the puzzle done not due to a strength issue.

Mat seems to be the only athlete to get the game. The rest just are too consumed by their ideals of teamwork, physical strength and loyalty to really be strong players.

Mo seems to understand it to a lesser extent and that’s probably partly due to her alliance with Mat.

Mat seems to be the only athlete to get the game. The rest just are too consumed by their ideals of teamwork, physical strength and loyalty to really be strong players.

Mo seems to understand it to a lesser extent and that’s probably partly due to her alliance with Mat.
Lee gets it to a certain extent, it may have been his undoing at the jury but to make it to the end is a good effort

Lee gets it to a certain extent, it may have been his undoing at the jury but to make it to the end is a good effort
That’s interesting, I’ve always considered Lee to be the weakest ‘player’ in the game. Through challenge prowess and the knowledge that he’d be rubbish at final tribal he was carried through as a bit of a goat.

EDIT: John probably gets it the least. Clueless.

I disagree, I think she had a pretty solid strategy in place for herself. Last time she played, she was the last major challenge threat standing and got voted out because of it. This time, she wanted to keep the challenge threats (the strength) around so that she wouldn’t stand out and would have a better chance of making the end. It’s a fairly solid strategy and she could hide it somewhat by professing it to be about ensuring the tribe could win challenges. She just got unlucky with the swap and that the person she’d targeted twice had an idol and then was saved by a non-elimination episode.

Telegraphing a challenge result for the second time this season. First with Dave in the opening title sequence, and last week in the preview for yesterday with Pandoras Box. Editors need to pull their head in.

Lee has more idea this season maybe but he absolutely played the strength and loyalty card harder than Abby in his first season. He was just lucky there were a distinct lack of people who understood the game playing that season.

There was nothing wrong with Abbey's strategy. My kids (adult) were complaining about her crapping on about "keeping the tribe strong" and I explained to them that as annoying as it is it makes perfect sense for her game. She doesn't have the tactical ability or social skills to beat the others, so she needs as many other physical players around her as possible to have a chance later.

My issue with her play is that she was just clueless as to how the numbers worked and was seemingly incredulous that she could be blindsided.

It honestly seems as though they’ve all been told that every vote has to be a “blind side” (producers, contestants, the works).

Every single voted out contestants piece to camera has mentioned being blindsided, they must be being told to push that barrow.

Abby specifically seemed genuinely shocked as well so she’s either staggeringly oblivious or she was told that.

Abbey was running the original green tribe, and then got voted out by being swap screwed + having the crap exile twist. Whether you like her or not that some absolute bullshit.
The only bullshit about it was that Exile beach was sprung on them right before voting.

Being screwed over by the randomness of a tribe swap is not BS, just bad luck

The only bullshit about it was that Exile beach was sprung on them right before voting.

Being screwed over by the randomness of a tribe swap is not BS, just bad luck

Exile was just plain stupid but as someone said earlier, I'm just going to pretend it never happened. I have come to enjoy Australian Survivor for what it is and not get too upset at the needless twists. Hell at least the tribe swap was random this time and not handpicked by one person!

Solid ep overall, Abbie had the right idea in trying to keep all the strong people until merge so she could slide behind them but she needed to push that agenda onto Lydia to lead. She still would have had enough shields at merge without Lydia and being the boss/most vocal at this stage rarely works.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back