Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Thunder win

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • No result

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, naah. The power requirements would be too much for portable generators. You would need multiple large permanent installations and that would be monstrously expensive

I doubt there is a single stadium in Oz (or anywere) with sufficient backup power to run all the lighting and everything else needed to run at night.

The power needs for all those towers and stadium lights would be huge
The MCG ones use 1800kwh at any given time. I'd imagine the GABBA would be in the same area.

Why can't they just play? It's not that dark..FFS remember the old days when Australia Vs Pakistan used to play in murky twilight over there in tests

This is a farce, but Chris Lynn's cheeky grin is pretty amusing.
Not much the ground can do about it. The way stadiums are designed are exactly like what's happening, only part of stadium loses power. The MCG is exactly the same.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The MCG ones use 1800kwh at any given time. I'd imagine the GABBA would be in the same area.

I've just been googling the power needs.

Each lamp uses roughly 1, 500 - 2, 000 watts.

Quick count on the tower - over 100 lamps

Plus the lights across the to the stadium roof.

So, if its only one tower and say 50 odd stadium roof lights, thats going to be a big power loss to make up

c26bebb3126c2c6e8e281841f9431987.jpg

Ch9 right now

Not much the ground can do about it. The way stadiums are designed are exactly like what's happening, only part of stadium loses power. The MCG is exactly the same.
Yeah, not sure why Bond and Watto are (seemingly) going off to the staff and umpires. I'd be pissed too, but it's not their fault, and there's not really much they can do.

Yeah, not sure why Bond and Watto are (seemingly) going off to the staff and umpires. I'd be pissed too, but it's not their fault, and there's not really much they can do.

No problem. The guy they're going off at is a mate of mine Darrell Harper, and it wouldn't bother him a bit.

I've just been googling the power needs.

Each lamp uses roughly 1, 500 - 2, 000 watts.

Quick count on the tower - over 100 lamps

Plus the lights across the to the stadium roof.

So, if its only one tower and say 50 odd stadium roof lights, thats going to be a big power loss to make up
I suspect if the even attempted to use the other side of the ground something would trip fairly quickly. Therefore killing the whole ground.

Back