Brad Green (Press Conference at 11.40am)

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't think they would hold a presser for a contract extension - I reckon it might be retirement.
Which, if Brad had been thinking about it a lot, may explain some of his exuberant celebrations the other day. He might have known he was heading toward the end.

Any live feeds? Fox Sports is supposed to (according to MFC Twitter) but can't find it...

I don't want to sound all negative here, but let's not forget how past it Green looked in the first half of the year. Slow, inaccurate, not getting much of the ball, frustrated, in and out of the team. I'm as happy as anyone that he's come back and had a really good impact on the team in the past 5-6 weeks, but that doesn't completely hide the fact that the game is past him in terms of the big picture. Maybe he could go around again next year, but it would be a damn shame for him to see out his days at Casey or on the injury list if his body couldn't hold up for the year. I'd rather see him finish on the high he's currently on (as I said above I reckon they are closely related, he's been playing like a free man the past few weeks) and hopefully we get to see many more of those excellent celebrations in the last 4 weeks of the year.

Then again they could be having us on, and call a presser to announce he's playing on next year. Would be sneaky.

No live feed sucks, but I am sure we will get a replay later on.

Well done Green, a fantastic club servant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congratulations to Brad on what has been a stellar career

The bloke always went when it was his turn, depsite the perception of the average bigfooty idiot.

Hoping his last few games are class as to help erase his 2011

Hope he stays on with the club

Good call Captain Jack, I think the time is right. Go out on a high note, because it could have turned ugly next year if he didn't perform.

Thanks for the mems Greeny. Great servant of the club and loyal to the end. Looking forward to hopefully retaining him at the club in some sort of capacity.

Congratulations to Greeny, a really solid career. I'm glad he has hit some form towards the end and its a shame he wont play finals again but he has been an outstanding club servant.

My tribute:

Greenydecap.jpg

Very disappointing for a guy who gave his all and was never appreciated by the wider community as much as he should have been (except for his set shot kicking).

You definitely feel sorry for a guy who burst onto his scene and played in a Grand Final (albeit for 5 minutes) and then has never gotten to the same point again, through no fault of his own I must add.

This is how it should've been with Junior. Regardless I'm glad the club got it right this time, thanks Greeny for your faithful service to the club, look forward to seeing you in your final games.

I don't want to sound all negative here, but let's not forget how past it Green looked in the first half of the year. Slow, inaccurate, not getting much of the ball, frustrated, in and out of the team. I'm as happy as anyone that he's come back and had a really good impact on the team in the past 5-6 weeks, but that doesn't completely hide the fact that the game is past him in terms of the big picture. Maybe he could go around again next year, but it would be a damn shame for him to see out his days at Casey or on the injury list if his body couldn't hold up for the year. I'd rather see him finish on the high he's currently on (as I said above I reckon they are closely related, he's been playing like a free man the past few weeks) and hopefully we get to see many more of those excellent celebrations in the last 4 weeks of the year.
The whole team was out of form at the start of the year, everyone just about looked slow and out of place, form is temporary, class is forever and Brad has shown again he is full of class, we have this notion in Aussie Rules football that once you're 30 and out of form the game has past you, I don't believe that, What about 20 year old Trengove out of form this year, has the game past him? I would of backed Brad to come out and kick 30-40 goals next year. I do agree though it would be a shame if he did finished out of form and for Casey so i'm glad he is finishing with some form but I just hope he retired on his terms and not another club legend forced out because we're looking 5 years ahead.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back