Traded Brad Hill [traded with future 3rd to St Kilda for Acres, #10, #58, future 2nd and 4th]

Who won this trade?

• Fremantle

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

This is like a carbon copy of last year's Lachie Neale trade though it looks like I'm not the first Lion to come in here and say this.

Good luck Saints.

6 and a future 2nd and Bell knocked that back. Wow.

After that trade with GWS how can they offer any better now?

Bell may have to either cave or actually follow through and "hold a player to his contract".

it values Hill higher than Dangerfield. Higher than Tim Kelly. Higher than Shiel. Higher than Prestia. Higher than Treloar.

it's just utterly absurd. basically should have just said "we are holding him to his contract"

I can't tell if you're talking about the contract offer St Kilda put in front of Hill or the associated trade request to move him because of it.

You literally keep saying the 900k is speculative, so the trade that was offered, but not agreed to is just speculation as well. You Saints supporters love your double standards, if you dont agree just check the Josh Bruce thread.

What double standards? Bruce and Hill have been offered money in the same Ball Park.

StKilda are not even after one pick 6 for Bruce, and yet Bell wants two or better for Hill? Yes Hill should go for a bit better deal that Bruce, but Bell wanting a deal better than for Kelly is just fantasy stuff.

Why are you all believing what you hear/read in the media? I've watched similar trades unfold dozens of times and what they report and what ends up being revealed that happened are always vastly different things. The media only has one goal in this - to keep the AFL community engaged and listening/watching. 95% of the trades that have this kind of perceived "conflict" end up getting resolved amicably in the end with a deal that neither party do back flips over but both side are more than fine with the outcome.

It's going to burn St Kilda so much more. The next person you offer 6 years at $900,000 to will know you won't pay that for their trade and they will go to Melbourne instead.
The only team this is going to negatively impact is Freo, when they next try and trade in another player. If the offer by the Saints is accurate then that is a seriously good offer and there is no way it will impact any future recruits to St Kilda.

There's nothing wrong with Bell setting a high ceiling, it's his job to try and extract as good a deal as possible for his club. The problem is that the asking price is so huge that the Saints simply can't counter-offer, they have to wait for Bell to soften his stance. They basically have to put that trade on halt until Bell changes his mind, this is what they have now done with the GWS trade. I expect the Hill trade to be put on the back burner by St Kilda to sort out their other deals for now until Bell changes his stance, it's a bad outcome for Freo. Saints have just given Bell a big "up yours".

The Saints 2020 first must be valued as a top 5 pick, this isn't West Coast (with Tim Kelly) future first, Bell is asking double what Kelly was traded for, it's unrealistic

Why are you all believing what you hear/read in the media? I've watched similar trades unfold dozens of times and what they report and what ends up being revealed that happened are always vastly different things. The media only has one goal in this - to keep the AFL community engaged and listening/watching. 95% of the trades that have this kind of perceived "conflict" end up getting resolved amicably in the end with a deal that neither party do back flips over but both side are more than fine with the outcome.

When the only trade of substance today was the pick swap there is not much else to write about.

Yesterday it was Mason Cox.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Question for Freo supporters. What's to stop Hill giving a half arsed effort from here on out? Clearly the St Kilda offer was more then fair yet his own club shut him down. Not looking to vex anyone by the way.
as posted brad hill was traded to freo in 2016. He would of stayed at hawks for another season had the deal not been done and he wouldn't be fussed.

I have also gone on record that saints were going to do a similar trade on what freo did last year. Trade their 1st and 3rd which was 5 and 41 for a teams picks of 10, 28 and 46.

You knew saints had to get a 2nd rounder some how

Melb needs outside runners and do have a good pick not sure how they deal with it, Hawks could do a deal add to the club may even send smith to the doggies

Smith (31 next year) too old for Freo and Hawks pick 11 is virtually the same as Saints new pick 5.

If Freo turned down Pick 6 and Saints 2020 second rounder they would hardly have taken the much poorer deal of 11 plus Smith.

Fremantle vs Geelong round 18ish this season, go sit down and have watch mate
Would that be the game where Fyfe and Walters dominated with Langdon being massive and Hill playing alright getting 1 Brownlow vote and actually not turning the game at all. I'm sorry your right take all our picks.
were-not-worthy.gif

it's a bad outcome for Freo
It's the best outcome for Freo. He is happy at the club. He has signed with Fremantle twice already, it's not like he wasn't happy here when he signed his last extension.

Won't be happy that the club that offered him a huge deal isn't getting it done immediately, but there is plenty of time.

Would that be the game where Fyfe and Walters dominated with Langdon being massive and Hill playing alright getting 1 Brownlow vote and actually not turning the game at all. I'm sorry your right take all our picks.
Round 20. Bradley Hill was 2nd in metres gained to Stewart. Had a ripper of a transition game.

Peter bell really thought this s**t would work on gubby Allen and lethelean who’s not thinking with his knob

Peter going about as well as his look a like bj penn in the last 5 fights

I do think at a point Bell is just haggling for the sake out of it, and not really adding much value.

If its true that it was JUST Hill for 6 and a future 2nd then sending that back seems pretty stupid to me.

I feel like they were asking for something to come with Hill which is being conveniently left out.

I can only understand it to think that we just flat out dont want to lose Hill and Langdon in the one year so are being difficult.

Yep. That's what I thought. Just haggling for the sake of it. He mustn't have had any intention of letting Brad go. There's no other club that would even come close to offering 6 + 2020 2nd.

Biggest loser outta this is Brads gf. He doesn't need to leave. Maybe next year he'll get tired of her constant whining about living here and find a WA girl. Best outcome. 😅

Back