Traded Brett Deledio [traded to GWS for Geelong's 2017 1st rd pick and GWS's 2017 3rd round pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

Given his age and his injury issues last year it always looked like a bad trade for GWS...pretty silly of them considering he'll be retiring this year or next along with Stevie J...add those 2 to the likes of Patton and they had no forward pressure.

He barely did anything in both GWS' finals and kept giving away free kicks.

Pretty sure ex-Richmond player Wayne Campbell is the head of list management at GWS now...did his old team a solid ;)

He played in the backline.....

At the time I was pretty disappointed with Geelong's trade moves last year. Especially missing Lids, giving up Caddy for pick 24 and then giving up our 2017 first rounder in the Tuohy deal anyway.

Pretty happy with it all now as Parfitt has been good (so has Caddy) but Lids has had a shocker. The Tuohy deal only ended up being a downgrade from pick 15 to 20 to.

1 year in to a 3 year deal and I'm not calling it a total failure yet. At this stage it isn't looking good, but there is still time.

To early to tell.

No doubt on the talent. Hopefully a good offseason has him fit and ready to go.

At this stage its a loss. But things can change.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
He won't ever get to the level he was at during his peak with the Tigers, but it remains to be seen if he can get somewhere where he has earnt a game. His form in 2017 was pretty average, and after missing so much time, he probably should have been cotton-wooled and put aside until 2018, but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

He won't ever get to the level he was at during his peak with the Tigers, but it remains to be seen if he can get somewhere where he has earnt a game. His form in 2017 was pretty average, and after missing so much time, he probably should have been cotton-wooled and put aside until 2018, but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

No need to. He needs to be a Stevie J 2016(not 2017) type.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

definite loss this stage, but cant help the fact we didn't have him available for selection until late July/August.

definite win for Richmond

Uh ohhh......Big woops from Lids.

Probably Richmonds greatest trade ever.
Lids would of kept Castagna, Butler or Lambert out.
Lids dosnt chase so he dosnt fit our game style.
Big win from the Tigers here.

We now have 2 x 1st round picks in a Premiership year

Uh ohhh......Big woops from Lids.

Probably Richmonds greatest trade ever.
Lids would of kept Castagna, Butler or Lambert out.
Lids dosnt chase so he dosnt fit our game style.
Big win from the Tigers here.

We now have 2 x 1st round picks in a Premiership year
Not sure why you laugh at Lids tho.
Didn't you try to ship him off to Geelong without him knowing and so then when he found out he took the GWS gig?

If true then you should feel ashamed.

Not sure why you laugh at Lids tho.
Didn't you try to ship him off to Geelong without him knowing and so then when he found out he took the GWS gig?

If true then you should feel ashamed.
Do some research mate.
He said that he would of left at the end of this year as a FA so we mutually agreed to part ways last year so it could be a win-win and Richmond would get more for him in a trade than FA compo.
He wanted to go to the Cats because he has family down there.
They didnt want to give up anything for him so we came to a deal with GWS.
Google things before you comment buddy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do some research mate.
He said that he would of left at the end of this year as a FA so we mutually agreed to part ways last year so it could be a win-win and Richmond would get more for him in a trade than FA compo.
He wanted to go to the Cats because he has family down there.
They didnt want to give up anything for him so we came to a deal with GWS.
Google things before you comment buddy.
Just asking the question big fella.

I hope that flag helped soothe your hemorrhoids btw. :):thumbsu:

At the time I was pretty disappointed with Geelong's trade moves last year. Especially missing Lids, giving up Caddy for pick 24 and then giving up our 2017 first rounder in the Tuohy deal anyway.

Pretty happy with it all now as Parfitt has been good (so has Caddy) but Lids has had a shocker. The Tuohy deal only ended up being a downgrade from pick 15 to 20 to.
Hey, you gave us smedts too

Remove this Banner Ad

Back