Traded Brett Deledio [traded to GWS for Geelong's 2017 1st rd pick and GWS's 2017 3rd round pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

So you're saying you don't think GHS is a one paced plodder? And Vardy only averages 4 games a season? Plenty on your board would agree with me.

What's their value then?

GHS is has won the Liston last year and come runner up from a lesser number of games this year. He is young and good leader. He isn't quick which is his knock but has a big engine, and is kept out of our side due to team balance I feel, we have a few less than quick player Bartel, Selwood, and run quite a tall team so there is mainly only spots for young quick guys in our team atm. No expert on trade value but if he suited a need would you use pick 36-40 (end of second round) pick on him?

Vardy looked good before this year form wise, but with Smith and Stanley coming in this year he didn't get a look in, and I think he was a bit disgruntle about not being able to play one he finally got his body right I think he played most games once he return from injury this year, all be it in the VFL again a pick 40'ish for a team with nothing to lose that needed his type.

Last edited:
You pushed SJ out! He wanted to play on Geelong said no! Doesn't leave much wiggle room for a trade!

Lids is a required player and we will only trade him IF we get an offer to good to turn down! Otherwise he will still be a tiger next season!

Geelong do things the right way rather than hold a player/club to ransom.
If you saw the body language when Lids was pressed for an answer regarding the rumors .... ill let you make your own mind up!!

Vardy looked good before this year form wise, but with Smith and Stanley coming in this year he didn't get a look in, and I think he was a bit disgruntle about not being able to play one he finally got his body right I think he played most games ones he return from injury this year, all be it in the VFL again a pick 40'ish for a team with nothing to lose that needed his type.
Played 4 games in 2015. Can hardly say he looked good on that small same size.
Played 1 game of AFL this year before he had an injury plagued 11 game VFL season.
Most Geelong supporters would wish him well and realistically not expect any return for him.

Agree with your assessment of horlin smith. Has found his level at VFL level. Too slow.

Played 4 games in 2015. Can hardly say he looked good on that small same size.
Played 1 game of AFL this year before he had an injury plagued 11 game VFL season.
Most Geelong supporters would wish him well and realistically not expect any return for him.

Agree with your assessment of horlin smith. Has found his level at VFL level. Too slow.
But yet Richmond have an interest in Vardy lol

Sadly yes. Judging by your LOL you agree that Vardy is a waste of a list spot.
I find it extremely amusing that your mob are saying he is no good worth nothing etc etc
yet you dont want to give anything up for him or Motlop for that matter?
Yet you want 15 first rounds for Lids

He is suited to an inside mid role, and he probably doesn't have the pace for many other positions, trailed as a tagger with mixed success, but he is limited for other positions so may suit a side with a specific need, but it probably limits his options. GCS could do worse that to give him a go.

I find it extremely amusing that your mob are saying he is no good worth nothing etc etc
yet you dont want to give anything up for him or Motlop for that matter?
Yet you want 15 first rounds for Lids
When have I said I wanted Motlop? I've always stated he's a flake.
When have I said it was top 15 pick or gtfo for Deledio?
I've never stated I want Vardy either. Seems it's only cats supporters talking him up - although unsurprisingly not on the cats board.

When have I said I wanted Motlop? I've always stated he's a flake.
When have I said it was top 15 pick or gtfo for Deledio?
I've never stated I want Vardy either. Seems it's only cats supporters talking him up - although unsurprisingly not on the cats board.
I never said you personally but your supporters on here have said it all along. Its not about what YOU want but what the rumors of Richmond are.
Obviously if they are into both Motlop & Vardy they see value in those players and will being doing all they need to do tests wise.
At the end of the day its what a clubs willing to part ways with ....

I never said you personally but your supporters on here have said it all along. Its not about what YOU want but what the rumors of Richmond are.
Obviously if they are into both Motlop & Vardy they see value in those players and will being doing all they need to do tests wise.
Oh, you mean Richmond are interested in Vardy. Where has this been reported? Or are cats Bigfooty fans being fanciful?

Oh, you mean Richmond are interested in Vardy. Where has this been reported? Or are cats Bigfooty fans being fanciful?
I cant remember where i read it but Richmond had been mentioned with lossing Vickery.
Vardy could be anything in a new enviroment ...... Will def be worth a risk on a 1 or 2 year deal!

You're mob are just as bad, they are the ones saying you will get him for free as a DFA, which would require us paying out his contract and delisting him for lols apparently

Richmond dont want or need Vardy as they have Hampson, Griffiths and are still trying to talk Maric around to staying 1 more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond dont want or need Vardy as they have Hampson, Griffiths and are still trying to talk Maric around to staying 1 more.
Yep. We have enough list cloggers before wanting another who can't get on the park.
Makes sense the cats finally want to offload him.

Laughable Cats supporters making Vardy the hot topic in a Deledio thread.

Nice in theory.
Do you think GC know GHS is a slow plodder? And do GWS know that Vardy averages 4 games a season?

Do you know that GC are losing Prestia and O'Meara and can't rely on Gary anymore.
Inside mids are what they need.

Nice in theory.
Do you think GC know GHS is a slow plodder? And do GWS know that Vardy averages 4 games a season?

We've had plenty of similar or worse players get us picks in the 40s and 50s before and with a couple of clubs wanting academy points we could probably work out a way to move up the draft order into the late teens. The point is we can probably work it out without having to trade Motlop at a time when his value is at its lowest.

Do you know that GC are losing Prestia and O'Meara and can't rely on Gary anymore.
Inside mids are what they need.
Should offer them Vardy as well. O'Meara hasn't played for 2 years, will be like he never left.

Motlop and geelongs 2018(can it be used?) first to richmond
Delidio and 2nd pick to geelong.

Seems fair motlop is a 40/60 at best as for what you know what youll be getting.
Delidio you know what you get and its a need good ball user can play fwd and back flank.

Should offer them Vardy as well. O'Meara hasn't played for 2 years, will be like he never left.

Come on now. Start being serious in here.
I'm not here for a pissing contest or superfluous and vacuous comments.

That has nothing to do with what I said at all. GHS is a good fit for what GCS are likely to need in their midfield next season.

Come on now. Start being serious in here.
I'm not here for a pissing contest or superfluous and vacuous comments.

That has nothing to do with what I said at all. GHS is a good fit for what GCS are likely to need in their midfield next season.
It's called a joke, no need to be serious all the time unless you're trying to make diamonds. :p

Thing is you don't really know what their midfield is like, they haven't really been on the park. They also need top end mids, not scraps. GHS to date has not shown he's AFL quality, which isn't to say he isn't or won't be, just that he's not going to benefit GC much. This draft crop will have a heap of mids go in the 20's, which GC have plenty of. They're better off doing that.

It's called a joke, no need to be serious all the time unless you're trying to make diamonds. :p

Thing is you don't really know what their midfield is like, they haven't really been on the park. They also need top end mids, not scraps. GHS to date has not shown he's AFL quality, which isn't to say he isn't or won't be, just that he's not going to benefit GC much. This draft crop will have a heap of mids go in the 20's, which GC have plenty of. They're better off doing that.

Wrong. Watch him play and be near on BOG against the Swans. A side that might had JPK, Jack and Hannebery playing. He has shown it, he just hasn't had enough opportunities.

Motlop and geelongs 2018(can it be used?) first to richmond
Delidio and 2nd pick to geelong.

Seems fair motlop is a 40/60 at best as for what you know what youll be getting.
Delidio you know what you get and its a need good ball user can play fwd and back flank.

1... you can only trade one year ahead (atm)
2... geelong traded 2015 and 2016 R1 ...the rules state you must have 2 R1 picks in 4 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back