Recommitted Cam McCarthy requests trade home to WA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Freo should've chased after a need and not a nice-to-have like Bennell.
Probably a calculated decision. Miss out on Bennell this year and almost no chance he'll be there ever. Also he's a proven gun. I understand there is some risk involved given previous indiscretions.
McCarthy will end up a Docker. They'll just have to wait.

Probably a calculated decision. Miss out on Bennell this year and almost no chance he'll be there ever. Also he's a proven gun. I understand there is some risk involved given previous indiscretions.
McCarthy will end up a Docker. They'll just have to wait.
So will Hogan. Bookmark it.

Yeah. Apparently on christmas leave. Sounds like he blew up in front of everyone.

Not a good look...for him. He wants to get to Freo eventually and Im not sure this sort of behavior would be looked favorably on by Ross Lyon. He seriously needs to grow up and concentrate on playing good footy in 2016 for his own professional development if nothing else. Plus I have him in my DT Keepers... My team doesnt look favorably on this sort of behavior haha

Not a good look...for him. He wants to get to Freo eventually and Im not sure this sort of behavior would be looked favorably on by Ross Lyon. He seriously needs to grow up and concentrate on playing good footy in 2016 for his own professional development if nothing else. Plus I have him in my DT Keepers... My team doesnt look favorably on this sort of behavior haha
I agree. He's in contract and is still earning good money. He needs to be concentrating on pushing the giants up to finals, improving his game and not having a whine every second week. He needs to control what he can control and leave the rest at the door.

In ross's own words when you rock up to the club for work you put the family in the bin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So be a man and stand by your contract.

I seem to remember freo not letting someone out of a contract themselves.

If your referring to Waterhouse, that is about 20 years ago and hardly relevant today.

Bottom line is that Cam will more than likely be back at freo sooner rather than later and all this bullocks will be forgotten.

So be a man and stand by your contract.

I seem to remember freo not letting someone out of a contract themselves.
GWS have made their own bed by trading Boyd and the Carlton four. Were willing to deal Tomlinson too. You can't cry wolf after getting Griffin who was contracted.

No sense in trying to keep a player who wants to leave. It's about team culture and players buying in, not talent alone. Henderson, Menzel and Yarran didn't give it all like Bell who we traded for family reasons. Hawks and Cats won a flag without the best two players in the game. Port and Saints also won it or went close without Stevens and Ball.

You might be back to square one and need your academy picks. Your forwardline should still be strong on paper with Cameron, Patton and co. Get a first round pick and extra whilst McCarthy is still contracted.
also, wasn't it Gorringe that spat the dummy when he didn't get traded to SA back in 2014? He is now playing for the Blues...enough said haha
Aish to Collingwood would be a better example.

Nobody can know what we actually offered. But it is fair to say that GWS wanted extreme overs. We would have tried from fair to overs, but they wouldn't accept that. They simply wouldn't entertain anything unless we gave them Hill or Neale or even more. We also had to worry about getting Bennell, and couldn't leave that hanging and risk missing out on both players.

I think the issue from a Freo supporter standpoint is the way senior GWS officials conducted themselves. They have every right to want to keep a contracted player, but no matter how much they were offended by someone basically telling them their club was a s**t place to be, they should have just shut their mouth and said nothing more than "he's contracted, we don't want to trade him".

Instead, they acted petulantly in public and were as big a sook as anyone in this saga. While willing to entertain/accept offers for other players that wanted out, they chose to single out this trade to make some faux tough guy stand, which was easy to take as a slight against Freo as if we were still the pushover joke of a club that we once were. Would like to have seen their attitude if Treloar wanted to go to Freo, and McCarthy to Collingwood. And worse, they were negligent in their player welfare duties by not addressing the issue before it came to a head, and then they kept spouting out blatant and disrespectful lies on things such as how the rumours of McCarthy wanting out were false, how much he loved the place and wanted to stay, etc.

Neale would have been fair.

GWS have made their own bed by trading Boyd and the Carlton four. Were willing to deal Tomlinson too. You can't cry wolf after getting Griffin who was contracted.

We traded Boyd because the Doggies new what they wanted and went after it. Unlike freo they (and the other 16 clubs) knew how to trade.

Its amazing how fremantle supporters expect us just to hand him over.

Its amazing how fremantle supporters expect us just to hand him over.

Your ongoing re-writing of history is just cheap, bullshit trolling. And myopic stupidity.

Lloyd, coach Ross Lyon and football manager Chris Bond all met with Giants football manager Graeme Allan at Etihad Stadium on Thursday to try and make a last-ditch effort to do a deal with the Giants.

But despite McCarthy's desire to move home to Western Australia the Giants refused to budge on their contracted forward.

"They (GWS) had no interest in trading him at all," Lloyd told AFL.com.au.

You can't trade with someone who steadfastly refuses to negotiate, so cut the crap.

You've already been shown up as a football lightweight by being unaware that clubs regularly fly 2 or 3 emergencies interstate to visit family. And on this issue you are continuously wrong, yet allowed to continuously lie.

Incredible.

Your ongoing re-writing of history is just cheap, bullshit trolling. And myopic stupidity.

You can't trade with someone who steadfastly refuses to negotiate, so cut the crap.

You've already been shown up as a football lightweight by being unaware that clubs regularly fly 2 or 3 emergencies interstate to visit family. And on this issue you are continuously wrong, yet allowed to continuously lie.

Incredible.
Oooh keyboard warrior is back.

One problem fool. We had the same response to boyd.
Dogs decided to go hard even after being told a flat out no. Freo just expected us to roll and didnt.

You are pathetic waste and watching you get angry every two seconds is brilliant.
Keep it up

Oooh keyboard warrior is back.

One problem fool. We had the same response to boyd.
Dogs decided to go hard even after being told a flat out no. Freo just expected us to roll and didnt.

You are pathetic waste and watching you get angry every two seconds is brilliant.
Keep it up

Tell us all when the Boyd trade was completed.

I'll do it for you...late on the WEDNESDAY afternoon of the trade period.

ie: negotiations were ongoing and finalised well before the deadline.

What you can't seem to process in your handful of functioning brain cells is that we had attempted, on numerous occasions, to enter into negotiations with Allen and were rebuffed privately and publicly each time.

In the end, we launched an 11th hour bid to secure McCarthy's services, (as highlighted in my previous quote), and were again rebuffed because...

YOUR CLUB HAD NO INTEREST IN TRADING HIM.

This isn't rocket science pal, but the fundamentals keep on going way over your head.

The circumstances of the Boyd trade and this issue are completely and utterly different.

In short, you're either a fanatical liar or really quite stupid.

Last edited:
I'm going to love it when McCarthy and his manager f**k over the giants. They should get jack squat. Bully tactics from the giants, fancy not letting a young kid go home. You don't even need him, you've got plenty of firepower... Stuff the contract, when someone doesn't want to be at your club in your god awful city a moment longer what do you do? Kick them out the door and get something in return or let them eventually walk and get SFA.

Tell us all when the Boyd trade was completed.

I'll do it for you...late on the WEDNESDAY afternoon of the trade period.

ie: negotiations were ongoing and finalised well before the deadline.

What you can't seem to process in your handful of functioning brain cells is that we had attempted, on numerous occasions, to enter into negotiations with Allen and were rebuffed privately and publicly each time.

In the end, we launched an 11th hour bid to secure McCarthy's services, (as highlighted in my previous quote), and were again rebuffed because...

YOUR CLUB HAD NO INTEREST IN TRADING HIM.

This isn't rocket science pal, but the fundamentals keep on going way over your head.

The circumstances of the Boyd trade and this issue are completely and utterly different.

In short, you're either a fanatical liar or really quite stupid.

Yeah im sure your lot had nothing to do before an 11th hour bid. What garbage.

Because you put up NOTHING.

The bulldogs actually attempted to trade properly.

You keep saying its on us. It isnt. Theres 16 other clubs who have no problem trading with us because we are on the level. You lot are not.

I guess 2 plus 2 in freo is 10?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back