Recommitted Cam McCarthy requests trade home to WA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is actually one of the only aspects of this that we know for sure about, GWS said under no circumstances would he be traded.

They weren't reported to be playing hard to get, they said no.

Put forward a big enough offer like dogs did with Boyd and they would have traded him. It's just that it's not smart to pay overs so freo made the right choice

You realise general giant is right about this specific aspect right?

Gws also said no to trading Boyd but dogs put forward a big offer they couldn't refuse. Freo probably made the right choice to not sell the farm, but it was possible. Anything is possible these days.

Mate, if you can't read, don't expect me to paint you a picture.

I'm going to love it when McCarthy and his manager f**k over the giants. They should get jack squat. Bully tactics from the giants, fancy not letting a young kid go home. You don't even need him, you've got plenty of firepower... Stuff the contract, when someone doesn't want to be at your club in your god awful city a moment longer what do you do? Kick them out the door and get something in return or let them eventually walk and get SFA.

Please mate. McCarthy and his manager were trying to force gws to trade him with constantly telling the media..they were the ones making a big song and dance about it.

What you said about getting rid of players who don't want to be there is usually true, but maybe a bit different for a club like gws who need to let their young talent know that if they sign up on a contract they have to mean it

Mate, if you can't read, don't expect me to paint you a picture.

Do you not know how negotiations work? Sure gws say no to play hardball but if freo say we will give you Weller and first pick for example, they would be interested. Similar to Boyd in terms of offering overs.

How you can't see that is mind boggling... And drop that attitude hot shot... Oh the irony of you saying others shouldn't be abusive etc yet you are giving everyone attitude

Do you not know how negotiations work? Sure gws say no to play hardball but if freo say we will give you Weller and first pick for example, they would be interested. Similar to Boyd in terms of offering overs.

How you can't see that is mind boggling... And drop that attitude hot shot... Oh the irony of you saying others shouldn't be abusive etc yet you are giving everyone attitude

You're about the 4,987,347th poster to come up with this original idea.:$

Just what bit, exactly, don't you get about this...??

"They (GWS) had no interest in trading him at all," Lloyd told AFL.com.au.

And yes, I am more than familiar with how negotiations take place. Hence my understanding of the above.

An extension in the first preseason, having never played a game, is gold to a key tall behind a pair of number one picks.

Pickett extended before playing a game, Ahern extended before playing a game, Josh kelly extendned for 2 years after 1 game, Lobb extended after 1 game (WA kid, no sooky lala but). But no, only poor Cam has been treated so harshly and lured into signing his life away by the big bad Giants managers. FMD.

It is actually one of the only aspects of this that we know for sure about, GWS said under no circumstances would he be traded.

Are you seriously suggesting that any offer, no matter how large, would not have been entertained by GWS?

Are you seriously suggesting that any offer, no matter how large, would not have been entertained by GWS?

How is this even a thing?

Are you seriously suggesting that we go in there and make an offer that no other reasonable business/organisation would consider offering?

What point are you trying to make, apart from a ridiculous one?

How is this even a thing?

Are you seriously suggesting that we go in there and make an offer that no other reasonable business/organisation would consider offering?

What point are you trying to make, apart from a ridiculous one?

I'm trying to make the point that Freo could have traded for McCarthy if they proposed a deal that was in the best interests of GWS.

It's a simple point.

Pickett extended before playing a game, Ahern extended before playing a game, Josh kelly extendned for 2 years after 1 game, Lobb extended after 1 game (WA kid, no sooky lala but). But no, only poor Cam has been treated so harshly and lured into signing his life away by the big bad Giants managers. FMD.
Are you putting words in my mouth there?

I'm trying to make the point that Freo could have traded for McCarthy if they proposed a deal that was in the best interests of GWS.

It's a simple point.

How do you know they didn't? No-one really knows what was offered at the 11th hour meeting that Lyon and co attended.

Again...for the 496,456th time...

Seriously...what is wrong with you people?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sorry, it appeared that you were quoting me, having your say as if arguing the counter point when we were actually in agreement.

That this has come around makes me sure there are other things going on, none of anyone else's business things but strong forces none the less.

How do you know they didn't? No-one really knows what was offered at the 11th hour meeting that Lyon and co attended.

Again...for the 496,456th time...

Seriously...what is wrong with you people?

No need to get personal mate.

Sometimes public statements are different from what actually occurs.

You don't believe them.

We get that.

You have no factual evidence to not believe them.

It's just a vibe.

We both have opinions on what GWS' strategy actually was. Neither of us actually know.

You believe that there is no deal, no matter how generous, that they would have accepted.

I on the other hand believe that at some point a deal would be too good to refuse, and they would have traded McCarthy at that point.

We both have opinions on what GWS' strategy actually was. Neither of us actually know.

You believe that there is no deal, no matter how generous, that they would have accepted.

I on the other hand believe that at some point a deal would be too good to refuse, and they would have traded McCarthy at that point.

No mate.

I'm dealing in known facts, drawn from actual quotes from the people involved from all 3 sides of this debacle.

You're dealing in pure supposition and guesswork.

You're desperately trying to paint Freo as being unable/unwilling to pull off the trade, despite all of the available evidence pointing to the contrary.

I would bet quids however, if we did, for example get the trade by paying massive overs, you'd be one of the first here criticising us.

No mate.

I'm dealing in known facts, drawn from actual quotes from the people involved from all 3 sides of this debacle.

You're dealing in pure supposition and guesswork.

You're desperately trying to paint Freo as being unable/unwilling to pull off the trade, despite all of the available evidence pointing to the contrary.

I would bet quids however, if we did, for example get the trade by paying massive overs, you'd be one of the first here criticising us.

I think Freo did the right thing. I don't think it would have been worth trading for him.

I just think there would have been a price that GWS accepted. You don't. Neither of us know for sure what their thinking actually was.

You've provided quotes of their public positions - that doesn't prove what their private strategy is. Not that it matters too much, but just thought I'd make that clear.

every club has a price... like roo said 3 years ago... no one is not tradeable, even him... its just a matter of price

No need to get personal mate.

Sometimes public statements are different from what actually occurs.

exactly... especially when you are in the position of GWS when you have so much high end talent coming from interstate playing in the NEAFL

the idea that GWS wouldnt trade even in a situation where they would come out with an amazing trade is just crazy. crazy crazy denial type stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back