Recommitted Cam McCarthy requests trade home to WA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think every player on GWS's list would think twice before signing a contract ext. unless they are absolutely happy. :drunk:

I think if they all of their players start to put it off til the end or closer to the end of the contracts, it will get other clubs hovering and making initial contact with their managers.. And might see more players seek or test the waters before re-signing to GWS,

GWS, won't be able to lock them away early as they want to. :cry:

There are a few top players coming out of contract 2016 and 2017 that would be quite handy to have.. Time to start the courting NOW and instruct them NOT to sign... LOL:eek:

And if we let him go a different batch of trolls would say "Geez, big call GWS, good luck keeping any of your players now you've let this guy go, all your list is going to get homesick whenever they get a big offer"

You're all such a bunch of smart knowitalls but the reality is you know nothing about the challenges of establishing a start up team in a non AFL heartland.

Stick your advice and prophecies where the sun don't shine and we'll run our club the way we need too.

And if we let him go a different batch of trolls would say "Geez, big call GWS, good luck keeping any of your players now you've let this guy go, all your list is going to get homesick whenever they get a big offer"

You're all such a bunch of smart knowitalls but the reality is you know nothing about the challenges of establishing a start up team in a not AFL heartland.

Stick your advice and prophecies where the sun don't shine and we'll run our club the way we need too.
What Freo fans do know the difficulties of, is starting up a new club with SFA concessions (especially compared to GWS and GCS), s**t facilities with no AFL support. The AFL wanted to cash in on us. Yet at the same time they were scared that there would be WA dominance, resulting in Fremantle's past. You get back to us, when you face the day to day difficulties that Freo did when they started.

How did you make this leap of logic?

Because they both said the offer was two picks. The Giants wouldn't budge, the offer didn't change. No discussion by either that players were involved. Now the Hun is saying players were offered and rejected. Completely contradicting public statements from both. Not a leap of logic at all.

Edit: just saw the video again - was the list manager not the CEO - my bad but doesn't change the point.

Last edited:

What Freo fans do know the difficulties of, is starting up a new club with SFA concessions (especially compared to GWS and GCS), s**t facilities with no AFL support. The AFL wanted to cash in on us. Yet at the same time they were scared that there would be WA dominance, resulting in Fremantle's past. You get back to us, when you face the day to day difficulties that Freo did when they started.

A lot of the concessions we got were on the back of your failures both in starting up and with your repeated draft f*** ups.

You guys set the benchmark

A lot of the concessions we got were on the back of your failures both in starting up and with your repeated draft f*** ups.

You guys set the benchmark
And our failure and * ups where due to the fact that to be blunt, we had jack s**t at the start. Groom for McLeod, while McLeod didn't want to come, Neesham hadn't seen him play. What do you think the results will be if you give a bunch of people, many of whom at the time where more concerned with WAFL, the time frame we were, to set up a list of players.

And our failure and **** ups where due to the fact that to be blunt, we had jack s**t at the start. Groom for McLeod, while McLeod didn't want to come, Neesham hadn't seen him play. What do you think the results will be if you give a bunch of people, many of whom at the time where more concerned with WAFL, the time frame we were, to set up a list of players.

Hang on, as the story goes Freo had the chance to get McLeod but after meeting with Freo they didn't rate him so we're happy to trade him.

McLeod not wanting to go there was due to Neesham/the club not making him welcome.

Hang on, as the story goes Freo had the chance to get McLeod but after meeting with Freo they didn't rate him so we're happy to trade him.

McLeod not wanting to go there was due to Neesham/the club not making him welcome.

The WAFC did us the huge favour of hiring our head recruiter 2 months before the draft. He was a wafl Colts coach who had never seen an underage game outside WA. No-one at the time had any clue who the talented youngsters were or who we should pick.

That's what they said every other time he's been out of contract.

Not really, he's been off such a low base with injury and he has so far inked deals before the silly season.

Unless you can get up that ladder, I could see him joining a Vic team.

Thanks for your concern.

Man you guys are so snippety - we're not all hating on you mate....it's just a view.

You got a really good core, just got to find the guys who want to play for you and have to stop the drain.

It is hard to get up that ladder though, however that is the best way to retain.

Man you guys are so snippety - we're not all hating on you mate....it's just a view.

You got a really good core, just got to find the guys who want to play for you and have to stop the drain.

It is hard to get up that ladder though, however that is the best way to retain.
Lol we're snippety?! Have you even read the McCarthy threads? Have you seen how much pathetic hate and vitriol has come from freo posters?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol we're snippety?! Have you even read the McCarthy threads? Have you seen how much pathetic hate and vitriol has come from freo posters?

...but none from me.

...but none from me.
I never said you specifically but there has been an overwhelming amount of freo hate and tears in the last few weeks. And then your now telling me that other contracted players that have been nothing but positive about our club will leave because you say so.

I never said you specifically but there has been an overwhelming amount of freo hate and tears in the last few weeks. And then your now telling me that other contracted players that have been nothing but positive about our club will leave because you say so.

Player.

Been dealing with this s**t since 2011. What your saying is nothing new

On the bright side with the Academy players coming through- in about 8-10 years you should be in the clear.

Prior to that it was looking like pick 16 and the 2016 first - if that's not good enough, can you suggest what would be equitable?
The most sensible comment on this in my opinion has been "we're not talking Jeremy Cameron here".

Well the first offer is kinda moot because you then traded for Bennel, so it's not like it was on the table all trade period. He was drafted with a higher pick than either of those, has development time put into him and has shown high level performance at AFL level. You shouldn't chase players if you don't have the currency to buy them. Two firsts may be a start for an OOC McCarthy.

I’d be embarrassed if I was GWS supporter on behalf of their list management team. I can understand digging the heels in to get the best result however being totally avoidant to trading the kid is terrible. now you have another 12 months with him and if he has an average season that drives the value of him down incredibly. so you go from a 1st rounder and a 2nd rounder to a 2nd? (if that) They may opt to not play him later in the season as 'punishment' if they discover (what they already know now according to cam's manager) he wants to go home again at the end of the season. I think it’s a terrible look from a player welfare point of view as well. clearly wants to go home and GWS now come off as the crazy over possessive girlfriend that won't let him do what he wants to do. Players going home to there home states happen for one reason or another and as a club you have to deal with it. Eagles lost juddy and that still hurts to this day. Very disappointing and incredibly unprofessional.

The whole scenario was quite embarrassing, but if I look at all parties and put them in order of who should be most embarrassed:

1. Colin Young: for putting his utter incompetence out there for the whole footy community to see. The deal may have had SOME chance of happening if a manager with a little bit of tact was involved

2. Freo posters on here for reaching 134 pages of rubbish (and probably double that again on the Freo board) on a contracted player trade that GWS made it clear on Day 1 was not going to happen

3. Cam himself for being naive enough to let Colin Young run with his concocted stories and paint him in the press as a whinger. (I've met Cam a few times and he's as happy-go-lucky kind of person as you'll meet anywhere).

Daylight

4. GWS supporters on behalf of their management team for expecting a player who has signed a three contract to play three years of footy to actually play three years of footy, and for not weakening our 2016 team by trading out a best 22 player and strengthening a rival team in the process

The whole scenario was quite embarrassing, but if I look at all parties and put them in order of who should be most embarrassed:

1. Colin Young: for putting his utter incompetence out there for the whole footy community to see. The deal may have had SOME chance of happening if a manager with a little bit of tact was involved

2. Freo posters on here for reaching 134 pages of rubbish (and probably double that again on the Freo board) on a contracted player trade that GWS made it clear on Day 1 was not going to happen

3. Cam himself for being naive enough to let Colin Young run with his concocted stories and paint him in the press as a whinger. (I've met Cam a few times and he's as happy-go-lucky kind of person as you'll meet anywhere).

Daylight

4. GWS supporters on behalf of their management team for expecting a player who has signed a three contract to play three years of footy to actually play three years of footy, and for not weakening our 2016 team by trading out a best 22 player and strengthening a rival team in the process

1. Gubby Allen saying all players love GWS and no one wants to leave. McCarthy loves it up here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back