Scandal Carey back to his old ways

Remove this Banner Ad

If Murphy did kick it off with drug comments, I don't agree with that. I haven't seen anything mentioned about that by anyone other than Saints supporters though, and they also claimed that he spat on him to start with too. Happy to be corrected if somebody has a better source, or it's mentioned in media somewhere.
But that doesn't mean that you have to stoop to the same level, or lower. Let Murphy look like the idiot if he's the only one doing it.
I haven't seen any reports about what Murphy said to Carlisle when he was down, but it couldn't have been much with how quickly he went past. I don't have a problem with giving a player a bit of a rev up while they're on the ground. I don't like physically targeting players injuries (not referring to a specific past incident, just in general) and I would hope that the verbal wasn't in regards to the injury (ie: 'how does your teste taste', 'hope you lose a ball', hope you're out for 4 weeks', etc). But a bit of 'we just kicked another goal you flog' or something along those lines is fine. I like when players get into each other if they miss a goal, or if a defender is being a dick and the other guy kicks a goal, or if somebody spuds it up. Get stuck into them for their abilities and errors, or how you're dominating them. Leave the personal stuff out, including drugs (although if you're stupid enough to post videos while using, you leave yourself pretty open).

The melee? Who cares? A bit of push and shove and jumper grabbing. It's good to see a bit of emotion and fire. If the Saints players took offence to Murph saying something to Carlisle while he's down, that's fine too. Nothing wrong with sticking up for a fallen player, but after the game Murphy was clearly furious about the comments and didn't want to shake hands. I don't have a problem with that either. If a player does that on a regular basis, or because of something little, they will end up looking stupid, but if the rumoured comments are true, then I think he was within his rights to refuse to shake.
Doesn't mean we should accept that kind of talk on a footy field. It should be frowned upon and actively stamped out.
I've said from the start the spitting stuff was bs and I wish Saints supporter hadn't gone with it.

Robbo in the HS today said Murphy kicked it off with drug stuff.

I sort of enjoyed the melee, if no-one gets hurt out of it I'm ok with it.

I also have no problems with Murphy not shaking hands.

Just not sure that painting this as one party being disgusting and the other party as an innocent victim is 100% correct.

Anyhow, seems to have died off now and hopefully we can both now focus on this weekend.

Note to self: don't leave Wayne alone with the missus.

Thinks everyone of his male colleagues.

Even though Carey has denied the rumour, just the fact there was a rumour and most people believed it doesn't help his reputation as a womanising snake.

Even though Carey has denied the rumour, just the fact there was a rumour and most people believed it doesn't help his reputation as a womanising snake.
His history of being a womanising snake doesn't help his reputation as a womanising snake.

Carey must be hung like a mule.
You have to love and laugh how the Afl has said nothing just to help protect there boy's club to save face protecting the brand. The Afl is a joke, if it was a racist remark on the field the afl actually help the media name and shame the person. You got to ask the question why didn't the afl say or do anything about this incident, sweep, sweep nothing to see here folk's.

Last edited:
Can someone actually confirm what was said on Saturday?

Carey said it wasn't to do with the rumours surrounding him, Gerard and Robbo say they know what was said.

Can someone inform pls

Can someone actually confirm what was said on Saturday?

Carey said it wasn't to do with the rumours surrounding him, Gerard and Robbo say they know what was said.

Can someone inform pls
Will start by stating this information is far from solid and seems to be just read from some Saint's fans.

It may have involved someone at the Saint's(not Carlisle) having a fling with Murphy's wife in the past and some intimate details of that fling being known by other Saint's players and being relayed back to Murphy?

If someone in the know would like to hint whether this is close or far from the mark that would be nice.

It's the fact that there's silence around the issue. No one besides the players involved know what was said, and so this rubbish rumour involving Carey got brought up to fill that silence. Wasn't the initial rumour involving Carey a harmless jab about him checking her (Murphy's wife) out at an event some years ago?

People are filling the radio silence with unfounded rumours because they want to feel as if they know the entire situation, what was said, and how it affected both parties.

Carey revealed he hasn't even had a conversation with her - that he doesn't even know her.

You're not convincing me big man.

Regarding some girls I've banged, I too have never had a conversation with them either. Nor do I really know "who they are" cos I never really had the time to get to know them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back