Unofficial Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Qualifying Final vs. Geelong, Sat 03/09, 4:35pm MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think JC would be the most impactful sub we could select. Callum's form has been really good in the VFL, so if he is named sub, he has earned it. But I hope we don't have to see our sub play at all across September - no injuries, continuity in our 22 - that's what we need!
I think Krueger will be a very handy Medi sub if we go deep into this series. As long as his touch is good he can literally play almost any position on the ground.

We're two days out from a qualifying final after finishing 17th last year, and this thread is practically dormant compared to the Trade/FA thread and the Ginnivan thread discussing the origins of Nazi anti-Semitism. Good times.
This thread has been destroyed by the pre-finals bye. 2 weeks between games is just too long.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think we've seen Carmichael, De Goey and Adams all play in the same side yet this year. Could give our midfield a bit more oomph.

Kruger would be a smart sub, I feel. Gives cover to any ruck or forward that goes down, and if a defender goes down you can send Mihocek back and put Kruger in the forward line

COLLINGWOOD v GEELONG
BBrayden MaynardDarcy MooreJeremy Howe
HBJack CrispNathan MurphyScott Pendlebury
CJohn NobleTaylor AdamsIsaac Quaynor
HFJamie ElliottDarcy CameronBeau McCreery
FNick DaicosBrody MihocekJosh Daicos
RMason CoxJordan De GoeySteele Sidebottom
INTPatrick LipinskiWill Hoskin-ElliottJack Ginnivan
Ash Johnson
EMERTrent BiancoNathan KreugerCallum Brown
Finlay Macrae

Macrae out for Adams

Sub will be Bianco, Brown, Macrae or Kreuger

COLLINGWOOD v GEELONG
BBrayden MaynardDarcy MooreJeremy Howe
HBJack CrispNathan MurphyScott Pendlebury
CJohn NobleTaylor AdamsIsaac Quaynor
HFJamie ElliottDarcy CameronBeau McCreery
FNick DaicosBrody MihocekJosh Daicos
RMason CoxJordan De GoeySteele Sidebottom
INTPatrick LipinskiWill Hoskin-ElliottJack Ginnivan
Ash Johnson
EMERTrent BiancoNathan KreugerCallum Brown
Finlay Macrae
Confirms Carmichael out.

Bigger, hardened, “desperate” (aka ageing Selwood/Danger/Hawkins) Cats players vs young, fledgling (majority of our team), upstarts in the Pies.

Reckon either get smashed or just get home with the Chocolates.

Damn I’m nervous already!

Interested in those emergencies:

8] Trent Bianco, [15] Nathan Kreuger, [17] Callum L. Brown, [18] Finlay Macrae

No Henry or Carmichael.

Krueger the all purpose cover for any KPPs. Bianco cover for N Daicos, Macrae cover for Adams?

I’d go with Bianco as the sub unless we’re particularly worried about a specific player not making it through.

Interested in those emergencies:

8] Trent Bianco, [15] Nathan Kreuger, [17] Callum L. Brown, [18] Finlay Macrae

No Henry or Carmichael.

Krueger the all purpose cover for any KPPs. Bianco cover for N Daicos, Macrae cover for Adams?
Carmichael injured at training, yeah?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think we've seen Carmichael, De Goey and Adams all play in the same side yet this year. Could give our midfield a bit more oomph.

Kruger would be a smart sub, I feel. Gives cover to any ruck or forward that goes down, and if a defender goes down you can send Mihocek back and put Kruger in the forward line

Carmichael is not afl standard right now. Hopefully with an afl preseason he will be, right now he lacks fitness and is a turnover machine.

Carmichael is not afl standard right now. Hopefully with an afl preseason he will be, right now he lacks fitness and is a turnover machine.
I don't disagree, but I still think he can help us on the inside. Most of the games he's been given a gig, he's had to be the main guy in and under because of injury to other players.

If he's there just to chop the other guys out he'd look a lot better I think. Without playing all his minutes in the midfield he can drift forward a bit too

Just think it's interesting because it's a setup we haven't seen yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back