Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 17 vs. Gold Coast Suns - Gabba, Mon 14/09 @ 7:10pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what power level should I set my microwave for to get my membership really crispy? C Brown playing again, that’s it I’ve had it with players being picked who everyone can see are useless. I’ll ask on the Richmond board about microwave levels they were good at that back in the day.

Good side in this week with JDG and Ads Treloar back. Unfortunate for Stephenson to be omitted again, but he is seriously struggling once given the opportunity, so no surprise he is out. At this stage of the season you would think it will be difficult for him to make his way back into the side, particularly if Sidey is able to get back.
Hopefully the boys can have a good win tomorrow night....

Not sure he's wearing the black & white stripes in 2021.

How he can't get a game in front of Callum Brown is astonishing.
Might have something to do with the fact he’s scared of his own shadow...Brown can play on ball and give the mids who’ve been carrying a heavy load through the compressed rounds a chop out. His kicking is deplorable but at least he can win some ball, tackles and lifts when the game is in the balance. Stephenson has been useless, no point having skills and pace if you can’t get the ball...it can’t be on your terms ie. on a silver platter all the time, that’s just not footy. Would be great if we got something for him at seasons end.

Be interesting how the Suns cope with short break for this game. They crashed and burned against Carlscum in a similar scenario
Without knowing the draw off the top of my head, they had the bye before Brisbane so you would think it would be less of a factor this time round

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Be interesting how the Suns cope with short break for this game. They crashed and burned against Carlscum in a similar scenario
They also had to travel after 3 days to hot and dewy darwin. I think they'll be more prepared. They were unhappy with how they performed against Brisbane, so they'll be wanting to bring their style.

Glandular Fever is really horrible. Saps your energy for up to 12 months or more. I think Stevo is getting a break. Funny he has been named as an emergency..

Glandular Fever is really horrible. Saps your energy for up to 12 months or more. I think Stevo is getting a break. Funny he has been named as an emergency..
There is no literature to prove that, it’s in all likelihood psychological. In any case his energy levels having to do with him being scared of contact.

There is no literature to prove that, it’s in all likelihood psychological. In any case his energy levels having to do with him being scared of contact.
What? I had GF growing up, and felt the effects for a very long time. Psychological? You have to be kidding me. All the glands in your body flare up. You cannot summon the energy to get out of bed. You can't eat for weeks anything solid, the glands in your throat make it hard to swallow.

The ins in De Goey and Treloar are great, don't even mind Varcoe back in for one last hurrah. But there is obviously a) something going behind the scenes with Stevo that we dont know about or b) he is not meeting internal standards set by the team.
Although he has been poor and his second efforts and pressure are not existent, he kicks goals. I would understand if he was dropped if we had players carving it up in a similar position to him but explain how Thomas, WHE, Callum Brown have brought any more to the team. Brown has a crack but is a limited player atm, Thomas until the Carlton game brought no pressure and kicked no goals and WHE is soft as they come, if it were horses for courses these guys along with Phillips should have been dropped multiple times this season but they havent. Which makes me think its one of the two points i mentioned.

Last edited:
If he’s truly suffering the effects he wouldn’t be playing scratch matches I wouldn’t have thought. Surely would just be written off. There’s more to it than just that me thinks

Have you had glandular fever? I was wiped for years after. Wouldn't wish it on anyone.

What? I had GF growing up, and felt the effects for a very long time. Psychological? You have to be kidding me. All the glands in your body flare up. You cannot summon the energy to get out of bed. You can't eat for weeks anything solid, the glands in your throat make it hard to swallow.
I think our whole forward line had it now that you mention it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back