Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
So Vader

You have never seen a player improve in year 3, 4 or 5 of their careers

I bet many were saying Keays would never improve either

The game is filled with history and examples of players starting slowly in their initial years but end up becoming very good AFL players

You seem to write ypung players of very very quickly and at the same time totally ignoring the journey, challenges and timeline for a young player to make it at AFL level

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Reading comprehension not your strong point? Did you miss the double negative?

Oct 15, 2012
Hobart
AFL Club
Adelaide
I can't honestly say that Berg will never improve, just as I can't say that Fogarty will never improve.

What I do know is that Fog has more talent/potential, yet Berg works harder and is (to date) the better performed of the two.

Without putting too fine a point on it Vader. Have you ever in your life, in any facet of your professional history ... Ever worked with professional sports people? Ever worked with high performance? Ever been around young talent as it develops?

What gives you the idea that you are a reader of the tea leaves? Where is this confidence coming from?

You are currently being the worst type of internet forum inhabitant. You have a catch phrase and you are defining everything you post around it ... and yet it is based in nothing more than a fabrication of your own making.

It's boring.

Of course you can have any opinion you want on anyone ... But please stop trying to drag the same point into every post.

Jun 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
So Lynch ruled out for at least 2 weeks. Predicted this would happen playing him injured, when we could have just have rested him for a week or so rather than playing him with lesser impact.

Hamill 50/50.

Brown looks more likely.

Sloane training, but needs clearance from his ophthalmologist.

One might say that the sub effort was actually a very efficient way of getting him out of the side, given that we only needed 20 min instead of a whole game to expose his lack of value when unfit! ;) Indeed, would he have been playing on Saturday if he had not come onto the ground as sub the previous week? I think we all know that the answer to that would have been "yes".

One might say that the sub effort was actually a very efficient way of getting him out of the side, given that we only needed 20 min instead of a whole game to expose his lack of value when unfit! ;) Indeed, would he have been playing on Saturday if he had not come onto the ground as sub the previous week? I think we all know that the answer to that would have been "yes".

He'll put his hand up to play the second Thilthorpe shows signs of tiring. There's no way he plays SANFL.

So Lynch ruled out for at least 2 weeks. Predicted this would happen playing him injured, when we could have just have rested him for a week or so rather than playing him with lesser impact.

Hamill 50/50.

Brown looks more likely.

Sloane training, but needs clearance from his ophthalmologist.
That can't be right. Lynch was match fit just a week ago

Jul 27, 2004
Las Vegas
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
The problem with Fogarty is that he has no other weapons other than a solid set shot for goal. He lacks so much in nearly every other facet of the game that if he doesn't score 3+ goals then you'd have to consider it an overall detriment to the team.
I disagree with that. He's an excellent goal kicker and field kicker and seems to have a reasonable high footy IQ

His major flaw, that is he can't get the ball, takes away all his weapons.

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
Without putting too fine a point on it Vader. Have you ever in your life, in any facet of your professional history ... Ever worked with professional sports people? Ever worked with high performance? Ever been around young talent as it develops?

What gives you the idea that you are a reader of the tea leaves? Where is this confidence coming from?

You are currently being the worst type of internet forum inhabitant. You have a catch phrase and you are defining everything you post around it ... and yet it is based in nothing more than a fabrication of your own making.

It's boring.

Of course you can have any opinion you want on anyone ... But please stop trying to drag the same point into every post.
Is there a point hidden in this gibberish rant somewhere?

robboaustralia

Premiership Player
Jul 19, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool, San Antonio Spurs
The problem with Fogarty is that he has no other weapons other than a solid set shot for goal. He lacks so much in nearly every other facet of the game that if he doesn't score 3+ goals then you'd have to consider it an overall detriment to the team.
Needs to start being a pest. Getting the oppo to retaliate = free kick in range then kicks the goal

Kezza86

Club Legend
Sep 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Last year McAdam had tricks and speed on a lead. Now he has nothing. Has to be hampered surely.

In the SANFL did Rowe go up the ground much? Is he lost outside of F50?
Rowe played a lot of midfield for the Eagles last year. He won a final off his own boot. Rowe good 12 months away from being a solid AFL player. He just need time in the system to get his tank up to standard. I’ve said last couple weeks is that he is looking tired and sore. Rowe is not covering the ground he did in preseason and round 1.

Bob Neil

Club Legend
Sep 20, 2011
At a table with old friends
AFL Club
Adelaide
Port want to wear their old jumper so perhaps we can field our old side?!
Might actually improve our chances...
Ex-Crows

FB: Lever - Davis - Hartigan
HB: Gibbs - Keath - Atkins
C: Crouch - Dangerfield - Knight
HF: Cameron - Gunston - McGovern
FF: Stengle - Jenkins - Betts
FOLL: Hunter - Greenwood - Lyons
INT: McKernan - Ellis-Yolmen - Gallucci - Crocker

COACH: Don Pyke

Jan 31, 2009
New Highton
AFL Club
Adelaide
Port want to wear their old jumper so perhaps we can field our old side?!
Might actually improve our chances...
Ex-Crows

FB: Lever - Davis - Hartigan
HB: Gibbs - Keath - Atkins
C: Crouch - Dangerfield - Knight
HF: Cameron - Gunston - McGovern
FF: Stengle - Jenkins - Betts
FOLL: Hunter - Greenwood - Lyons
INT: McKernan - Ellis-Yolmen - Gallucci - Crocker

COACH: Don Pyke
Ed Curnow was on our list too.

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Rowe played a lot of midfield for the Eagles last year. He won a final off his own boot. Rowe good 12 months away from being a solid AFL player. He just need time in the system to get his tank up to standard. I’ve said last couple weeks is that he is looking tired and sore. Rowe is not covering the ground he did in preseason and round 1.
I am happy to give him time as he is a natural footballer and i agree he needs to work on his AFL fitness base. Will be a good player imo

Last edited:

CrowBloke

Solum stulti se excusant!
May 14, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide
It's boring.
Way too harsh.
Vader and I have disagreed very strongly regarding Berg/Fog, but without resorting to personal attacks like yours, above. As far as I can tell, Vader's been expressing his opinions backed up by reason and interpretations of data and although we disagree I respect the way/s he responds.
When Vader said " I can't honestly say that Berg will never improve, just as I can't say that Fogarty will never improve.
What I do know is that Fog has more talent/potential, yet Berg works harder and is (to date) the better performed of the two", it was a very reasonable response to a post I made.
I think he's confused "what I do know ..." with "it's my opinion that ..." :sneaky: , but I've learned to accept that's just a part of his writing style (exaggeration/over-certainty).

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
Are you suggesting --- seriously --- that the Crows drop one of their 3 current best players (who is leading the Coleman Medal count)?
Drop Tex, to give Fogarty 10 games as the key lead-up forward?
Nah, mate.

I’m saying manage Tex. I couldn’t care less if we win games at the moment, I’m interested in a club that contends and wins premierships which means building our next premiership side. Tex has had his go and we didn’t win a flag, unfortunately. For example, clearly Tex is carrying an injury at the moment and is reverting to the old one hand up in contests circa ‘18-20. Let’s rest Tex for a fortnight and give Fog a go as our main lead up player. At the end of the season, Tex has to be told, if we sign you on you play as a squad rotator/mentor to our younger players, that’s your role.

Back