Preview Changes vs Richmond, Round 21, 2022 at Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel so bad for McEntee honestly... he's a young bloke doing his best, but it seems like every year there is just someone that gets a bizarre gold pass and gets put through the ringer for it.

I’m wondering if there was a promise of games so he could earn enough to make coming to play for a couple of years worth it via the match bonus, we can also easier attract mid season draftees if we show we are decently treating them.

Either that or his match bonus is cheaper than Motlop or Hayes or Schofield or anyone else who will be on a list next year.

There should be a camera focused on Hinkley for 100% of the game and his face should appear in a little window in the top corner of the screen non-stop for the entire game. That would be awesome.
I am at the point now where I want to see the biggest car crash television possible.
You could still frame three scenarios and play them on a running loop, much like what they did in the movie Speed.
All you'd capture is Hinkley staring blankly looking bewildered, Hinkley downing Coke Zero and Hinkley talking behind his hand.

Post match after the loss ‘injuries’….. ‘Ken we feel your pain, take some time off and hit the TAB and try to relax, you are after all the greatest coach in living memory’.

View attachment 1466378

Just look at those stats Jed heads 😍
Only barely over 50% disposal efficiency too. And zero, yes zero, goal assists.

Looking at this graphic may lead one to believe that McEntee is good at literally no aspect of AFL football. But the eye test ... also tells you that McEntee is good at literally no aspect of AFL football.

You're talking about a 21 year old kid here people. Stop being pr*cks.

To be fair I don't think he's up to the standard yet either but he is only 21, he can improve and it's not his fault he's been put into this situation.

You're talking about a 21 year old kid here people. Stop being pr*cks.

To be fair I don't think he's up to the standard yet either but he is only 21, he can improve and it's not his fault he's been put into this situation.
Analysing performance is being pricks??

Really? I don't think this is the place for you.

fine line between performance analysis and mockery of a player.
let's reserve mockery for the port hierarchy who are absolutely tone deaf.
Even then it could be worse...we could be Crows supporters. 🤮
It's not a fine line, there's been no mockery of the person.

But I completely agree on who should be in the firing line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If this game was being played in my backyard, I'd close the blinds.
Was the reason you wanted the blinds to make it a more living area and there you've got a great area outside where you've got a pool and, you know, you've got the beautiful weather in Adelaide so you get an oppotunity to live in it a bit more and by putting the blinds in did it make the that area more useable for the whole year?

The man is an inspiration at this point I reckon, how anyone can get that far in an industry with such a limited skillset. Deserves a spot in the dictionary like homer Simpson.
2F5899CB-A54A-480B-8F29-6735557759E1.jpeg

"Would you like to see my Coach of the Year awards?"

Ken Hinkley (Port Adelaide)

King: “It’s a big night for Ken Hinkley on Saturday night. Get the matchup right against Shai Bolton or pay a price.”

Cornes: “Is he the hardest matchup in the game?”

King: “No, Jeremy Cameron is the hardest matchup in the game.”

King: “I just think this matchup and the way they use him – it’s the Dustin Martin role – be ready for it, be aware of it, plan for it, and find the right matchup.

Cornes: “I’m trying to go through Port Adelaide’s line-up and work out who are they going to play on him? Martin has got them in big games and they haven’t been ready for that. Darcy Byrne-Jones is there, Dan Houston is in the mix – or do you say to Jase Burgoyne, he’s yours young fella. Finals are off the agenda, it’s about development for Port Adelaide now, I’d like to see him experience what it’s like to play on a player like Shai Bolton.

This is what I'd do. We all know Byrne-Jones doesn't like to close check anyone, and Houston is better off being a distributor.

What the f**k is this s**t? lol

Surely he's trying to get fired now.
Just windmilling his junk in front of the board, daring them to do something knowing damn well they don't have the guts.
Please don’t say stuff like this…..

I have too vivid an imagination not to wake up in the middle of the night screaming in horror now at that thought 🤢🤮

Or he's been carrying an injury all year that's been affecting his kicking and they are finally doing something about it.

Nope.

"It is purely form," said Hinkley of Georgiades' fall to the SANFL. "Everyone goes Todd (Marshall) is out of the side you keep Mitch. It doesn't quite work that way. You also have to make sure you are keeping players who are in form - and capable of giving you a result.

"Mitch is a young, developing forward. And I have been through this journey (of developing young, key forwards) with Todd Marshall. Sometimes there is that time when they need to go back (to the SANFL) to work on some other stuff - and they will come back and be better next time. He is such a young, exciting young forward we really enjoy having in our team when he is in good form"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back