Rumour Charlie Cameron to request a trade home to Queensland

Remove this Banner Ad

A team like Brisbane? Lol, if you want to go there - we're building a very strong list and one he will excel in after a few years of development.

At least we've taken the proper, good way to build our list unlike your lot- it is frankly embarrassing seeing such an average performing bunch of mercenaries. At least they've kept your quality coach on (Y)

Perhaps wait until you're not the reigning wooden spooners to claim any sort of "success" or that you're doing things "the right way", eh? Nothing is guaranteed just because you've got a lot of young players with potential.

I'm keen to see him traded if the price is right. One thing I've learned as a Crows supporter is that it's dumb to try and hang on to home sick players. Especially indigenous players because their culture values proximity to family more than most.

Fingers crossed we trade him while he has currency.

Perhaps wait until you're not the reigning wooden spooners to claim any sort of "success" or that you're doing things "the right way", eh? Nothing is guaranteed just because you've got a lot of young players with potential.

I think if we asked 16 other clubs if they'd prefer Brisbane or Collingwoods lists the answer would be rather embarrassing for the Pies.

In the end, yes we bottomed out and finished last, but we chose to use the draft to build our list and as a result we have a lot of talented young guys. We also have one of the best development minds in the business as our coach and one of the best list managers in Noble.

Bringing it back to Charlie - he has the opportunity to develop with some great talent under a great development coach. I'd agree that Adelaide are in a finals window and no doubt a better place to be as a player in 2018, but the development alongside a quality young list with great minds at the helm will make it a very attractive proposition. If it weren't why would he even consider coming to the Lions? Worth noting the suns never have been an option for obvious reasons.

I'm keen to see him traded if the price is right. One thing I've learned as a Crows supporter is that it's dumb to try and hang on to home sick players. Especially indigenous players because their culture values proximity to family more than most.

Fingers crossed we trade him while he has currency.

I get the feeling we will play it no nonsense and offer you pick 18 upfront. No point mucking around as I'm sure you'd agree.

Hopefully it all works out for both parties. David Noble is pretty fair about trading. Not like those assholes from Essendon.

For sure. And they wonder why they have that reputation lol.

I think if we asked 16 other clubs if they'd prefer Brisbane or Collingwoods lists the answer would be rather embarrassing for the Pies.

In the end, yes we bottomed out and finished last, but we chose to use the draft to build our list and as a result we have a lot of talented young guys. We also have one of the best development minds in the business as our coach and one of the best list managers in Noble.

That's nice.

We're building our list with young players as well, and many players yet to hit their prime (ages 25-29) already feature in our best 22, and will feature in the top 10 of our B&F this Friday. We're certainly not relying on Wells, Mayne, Varcoe and Greenwood to "carry us" going forward, or seeing them as "the missing pieces" for a flag push, if that's what you're thinking.

Bringing it back to Charlie - he has the opportunity to develop with some great talent under a great development coach. I'd agree that Adelaide are in a finals window and no doubt a better place to be as a player in 2018, but the development alongside a quality young list with great minds at the helm will make it a very attractive proposition. If it weren't why would he even consider coming to the Lions? Worth noting the suns never have been an option for obvious reasons.

Well, if he wasn't a Queenslander, I doubt the Lions would be nearly as much of an attractive destination, because he's not struggling for gametime or opportunity in Adelaide.

That's nice.

We're building our list with young players as well, and many players yet to hit their prime (ages 25-29) already feature in our best 22, and will feature in the top 10 of our B&F this Friday. We're certainly not relying on Wells, Mayne, Varcoe and Greenwood to "carry us" going forward, or seeing them as "the missing pieces" for a flag push, if that's what you're thinking.

Well, if he wasn't a Queenslander, I doubt the Lions would be nearly as much of an attractive destination, because he's not struggling for gametime or opportunity in Adelaide.

Are you kidding? Your own coach said these guys were there get in the top 8 which you couldn't do. Nothing beats good old fashioned Collingwood arrogance.

You're absolutely right. The Lions have put an enormous amount of effort into recruiting Queenslanders over the last five or so years. Names like Charlie Cameron, Dayne Beams, Dayne Zorko, Tom Bell, Kurt Tippett and Tom Hickey. Their academy has also been bearing fruit with Queenslanders like Eric Hipwood and Harris Andrews.

You only have to watch the NRL's State of Origin to see how passionate Queenslanders can be about their home state and obviously Charlie experienced that when he was younger.

Are you kidding? Your own coach said these guys were there get in the top 8 which you couldn't do.

Show me the exact quote, please, because I doubt this statement was made. Happy to be proven dead wrong.

Nothing beats good old fashioned Collingwood arrogance.

I don't think I'm being arrogant at all, just simply stating that the core group that will take us forward is our younger players.

People underestimate and overlook how young and inexperienced the sides we've been putting out on the park over the past 2-3 years have been. The idiotic hateful narrative would state that we're still fielding the 22 from the 2010 GF week in, week out, and they're all lazily tanking out of spite towards Buckley, but that's never been the case.

GWS seem like they are crying out for a player like Cameron, any chance they throw there hat in the ring.

That's nice.

I think what you're missing is just one more midfielder. How about Gaff for Fasolo and Moore?

Hell, we'll chuck in Masten for some good will.

GWS seem like they are crying out for a player like Cameron, any chance they throw there hat in the ring.

Do they?

Would have thought Greene, Smith, Taranto and Deledio all fit and firing, with another pre-season under their belts, would be more than enough in the smaller forward stakes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trade radio have reported Cameron will ask for a trade in his exit interview today, contrary to what Betts said earlier in the week about him staying.

As above, think Brisbane will offer 18 and we'll take it with little fuss.
Did Betts say he will staying?
Pretty sure he said "He'll be there" not referring to Adelaide but making the reporter think it was Adelaide

Jeez he will suck at a low club.

He played an awesome prelim but also played a whole heap of really crappy footy in 2017. This is why I'm keen to see him traded. His best is very good but he's inconsistent and if we can get a good pick for him I'd take it and run.

Lucky you have a good coach. I'd hate to see how he would go at a team like North or us when we eventually plunge.

Fagan has a knack for getting the absolute best out of players. Lewis Taylor for one has almost become a different player under Fagan. Will be interesting to see what he does with Cameron.

That's nice.

He's not a Queenslander, carpark Charlie is West Australian

If he were to play State of Origin it wouldn't be for Queensland.
And Eddie Betts would be playing for the Big V. What's your point?

I think it's fair to say a kid who spent the first 17 years of his life in Queensland should consider himself a Queenslander.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back