Club Focus Collingwood 2021 - Kreuger, Lipinski, Daicos, Murley, Harrison

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Pendlebury is their only FA according to this thread. They are in a really bad spot with this draft and their list, JDG would be worth something but he is potentially also worth nothing if the court case goes bad, no club could risk that brand damage. Grundy is worth a lot but that contract is ridiculous so they couldn't trade him without having to pay another player to play against them.
Free Agents: Pendles, JT and Mayne

Thanks Jen, not sure those two have any value now. Mayne is not listed in this thread as FA
Yeah I wasn't sure to mention them given they would have zero value, but they're still considered nonetheless.

For Mayne it's because he has been a previous FA, and for JT it's because he has been previously delisted in the past.

Anyway, I would look at trading De Goey. He is possibly the only expendable player on our list with First Round value.
I would be seeking a pick from 10-20 for him. As for Vic clubs that might be able to use him, I doubt Hawthorn, North, Essendon, Geelong or the Bulldogs need him, all for various reasons. That leaves St Kilda, Carlon & Melbourne.

Richmond don't need him, but he could fill a need. He would basically just play in the opposite position to wherever Dusty is in any given point in time. He adds a third marking target in their forward line but is mobile enough to not get in Lynchs way. However, Richmond don't need him so they won't give up much to get him. I imagine it could be something like De Goey for Richmonds first or De Goey for Coleman-Jones/Collier-Dawkins & a 3rd or 4th round pick.

Melbourne do not necessarily need him, but I do believe he could be very helpful in their forward line. They probably don't take the risk however as they are currently functioning fine as it is. However, IMO, he would play the third tall forward very well and have no expectation to play as a midfielder. He could seriously provide a point of difference. Line up with McDonald, Jackson & De Goey. We could do a deal of De Goey for Weideman and a 2nd round pick.

Carlton and St Kilda fall into a similar boat. 2 teams who should probably be pushing finals due to their list make up but are not. Ill start with Carlton. Carlton in my opinion actually have a very decent forward line, it is the acquisition of a defender and asking him to play in the midfield as opposed to going for a true midfielder last year which has hurt them. Carlton would be relying on De Goey becoming a full time midfielder. It could be one of the biggest risk vs reward situations, where they take a chance on De Goey becoming a Dusty esque player for them spending most of his time in the midfield. This is however too large of a risk for them to give up their first by itself. For this to work, one team will have to accept a loss at face value because Carltons current pick is worth too much so they would have to split it. They could look into trading a Kemp/Stocker plus a 3rd for him though.

St Kilda are the ones to me that make the most sense. If they are adamant they are still a finals side, De Goey is the right guy to take a risk on. He fills needs of an inside midfielder to partner Steele & Gresham when he gets back, or he fills the need as a forward leading 3rd forward. Either way, they are the club that makes the most sense for him to go to if they believe they are contending. The big problem is, I don't know how a deal gets done. They can send us their first if they want but that is major overs. I feel their 2nd round pick is unders though. Would have to be a pick and a player. Maybe a Bytel or Claravino + a 2nd or 3rd round pick for De Goey.

So I guess in order, the teams that could best use him would be
1. St Kilda
2. Melbourne
3. Carlton
4. Richmond

If you're that desperate to avoid wiping out your points, why not just trade your 2022 first for 2021 points?

Or is there a different driver behind trading Degoey?

Anyway, I would look at trading De Goey. He is possibly the only expendable player on our list with First Round value.
I would be seeking a pick from 10-20 for him. As for Vic clubs that might be able to use him, I doubt Hawthorn, North, Essendon, Geelong or the Bulldogs need him, all for various reasons. That leaves St Kilda, Carlon & Melbourne.

Richmond don't need him, but he could fill a need. He would basically just play in the opposite position to wherever Dusty is in any given point in time. He adds a third marking target in their forward line but is mobile enough to not get in Lynchs way. However, Richmond don't need him so they won't give up much to get him. I imagine it could be something like De Goey for Richmonds first or De Goey for Coleman-Jones/Collier-Dawkins & a 3rd or 4th round pick.

Melbourne do not necessarily need him, but I do believe he could be very helpful in their forward line. They probably don't take the risk however as they are currently functioning fine as it is. However, IMO, he would play the third tall forward very well and have no expectation to play as a midfielder. He could seriously provide a point of difference. Line up with McDonald, Jackson & De Goey. We could do a deal of De Goey for Weideman and a 2nd round pick.

Carlton and St Kilda fall into a similar boat. 2 teams who should probably be pushing finals due to their list make up but are not. Ill start with Carlton. Carlton in my opinion actually have a very decent forward line, it is the acquisition of a defender and asking him to play in the midfield as opposed to going for a true midfielder last year which has hurt them. Carlton would be relying on De Goey becoming a full time midfielder. It could be one of the biggest risk vs reward situations, where they take a chance on De Goey becoming a Dusty esque player for them spending most of his time in the midfield. This is however too large of a risk for them to give up their first by itself. For this to work, one team will have to accept a loss at face value because Carltons current pick is worth too much so they would have to split it. They could look into trading a Kemp/Stocker plus a 3rd for him though.

St Kilda are the ones to me that make the most sense. If they are adamant they are still a finals side, De Goey is the right guy to take a risk on. He fills needs of an inside midfielder to partner Steele & Gresham when he gets back, or he fills the need as a forward leading 3rd forward. Either way, they are the club that makes the most sense for him to go to if they believe they are contending. The big problem is, I don't know how a deal gets done. They can send us their first if they want but that is major overs. I feel their 2nd round pick is unders though. Would have to be a pick and a player. Maybe a Bytel or Claravino + a 2nd or 3rd round pick for De Goey.

1. St Kilda
2. Melbourne
3. Carlton
4. Richmond
Would offer a 2nd if I was one of those clubs.
Not worth a 1st outside of the media hype he offers your club.

Would offer a 2nd if I was one of those clubs.
Not worth a 1st outside of the media hype he offers your club.
Needs to be at minimum pick 20 for me to accept if it is a straight trade. 15-20 is where his value is as he has the potential to be a boom player but with every passing day, his value declines. I feel he would suit a team with better ball movement for starters that can get entries into him fast because that worked very well for us in 2018 and 2019 with him

If you're that desperate to avoid wiping out your points, why not just trade your 2022 first for 2021 points?

Because our 2021 first will be a top 5 pick

1. St Kilda
2. Melbourne
3. Carlton
4. Richmond
Problem is not just the trade pick that gets handed over for De Goey and i would happily give out a pick #15-#20 (we have a spare)

Problems are
* Court Case pending
* De Goey asking price and length of contract ($600k x 4 ) would be doable but wouldn't pay more

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Problem is not just the trade pick that gets handed over for De Goey and i would happily give out a pick #15-#20 (we have a spare)

Problems are
* Court Case pending
* De Goey asking price and length of contract ($600k x 4 ) would be doable but wouldn't pay more
THat is a very fair point. I havent heard anything new from the court case. However, I'd be happy with as many points as possible so a bunch lower picks like 45 and lower would suffice assuming they net more points than pick 20

THat is a very fair point. I havent heard anything new from the court case. However, I'd be happy with as many points as possible so a bunch lower picks like 45 and lower would suffice assuming they net more points than pick 20
Whether that is a good move would depend on whether the AFL change the rules again. 2015 and 2020 were the only two drafts you could do that; in the others you have to have a list spot open for each pick, or they couldn't be used to match points.

Whether that is a good move would depend on whether the AFL change the rules again. 2015 and 2020 were the only two drafts you could do that; in the others you have to have a list spot open for each pick, or they couldn't be used to match points.
Plenty of players we could delist I imagine

Because that would mean last years manicuring would have been pointless.

All it should need is to trade in our 2022 second rounder into this year.

Seriously it’s not going to be that hard.

Last edited:

Problems are
* Court Case pending
Martin and Bolton are the two that rotate with each other for that mid/forward role. De Goey would be a surplus imo and unless that came for cheap (trade and salary) we don't need to chase a surplus.

We'd be much better off looking at either a midfielder, KPD, or smaller/rebounding defender to replace Houli or free Baker up the ground. I dont see them letting go of Jack Crisp though lol.

I have a feeling it's going to be another off season of weird picks/points deals or freeing up some more cap space.

There's going to be 1-2 great value deals for buying clubs.
No there won’t be this time around, unless clubs are keen on Thomas, Greenwood, Cox, Madge and Mayne. There’s a million dollars plus reduction which will obviously help with re signing our remaining OOC players.

Last edited:

1. St Kilda
2. Melbourne
3. Carlton
4. Richmond
I have a sneaky feeling that De Goey will be put up for trade.

No there won’t be this time around, unless clubs are keen on Thomas, Greenwood, Cox, Madge and Mayne. There’s a million dollars plus reduction which will obviously help with re signing our remaining OOC players.
Media noise suggests otherwise. Could be media rumour, or there could be some truth. We won't know until end of season.
Wouldn't surprise if Pies still look to offload some players and invest in the future.

Media suggesting you still need to shift anything up to $800k due to some very poor triggers put in players contracts.

Media noise suggests otherwise. Could be media rumour, or there could be some truth. We won't know until end of season.
Wouldn't surprise if Pies still look to offload some players and invest in the future.
Yep the ones I’ve mentioned. We will let JDG walk next year in FA and take the compo pick if doesn’t improve his output.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back