List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2022--> PART 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
McKenna isn't and wasn't ever a star. I'd rather Coleman off half back any day. Hits the **** every time.

I think this is probably the most I’ve ever agreed with one of your posts!

Go back and watch the 2nd Crows game where King pointed out some outstanding passages, including great vision in starting attacking chains.

TB is a very smart footballer with great skill, but agree a bit more pace would be handy.
Make or break year for him and that’s the standard if he’s to be a regular in our best 22 next year.

The reality for me is he finished the season inside the best 22 only because of an injury to Adams. We’ve since gone and recruited Mitchell and Hill which automatically has him on the brink of the best 25.

For mine he’s in the pack with the likes of Macrae, McInnes, Carmichael, HH and Draper none of whom have really shown more than glimpses at either level. IMO, he starts 2023 ahead of those 5 only because he exited 2022 as a senior player, but if he enters the year the way he left it he’ll very quickly fall behind because his finals were poor.

Cant believe they went with Ben "Johnson & Johnson" Reid for the GF with Reids past injury issues and inability to get through games.
He was a significant factor in both their wins. They took a gamble that they’d get more out of him than a fully fit depth player and unfortunately went the wrong way for them but I get it.

Go back and watch the 2nd Crows game where King pointed out some outstanding passages, including great vision in starting attacking chains.

TB is a very smart footballer with great skill, but agree a bit more pace would be handy.
TB's pace can be worked on but it's not a fatal flaw. I'd rather a slower player who makes good decisions, than a fast player who is a hack.

Cant believe they went with Ben "Johnson & Johnson" Reid for the GF with Reids past injury issues and inability to get through games.
It shocked me too, given he’s retired and never played for the swans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fox have a list of father/son nominations & they have Nicky Christian on it for Collingwood.
Jen, do you know much about him?
Other than being son of Michael, I haven't heard anything about him & I wasn't aware that the Pies have nominated him (at least according to Fox).

Fox have a list of father/son nominations & they have Nicky Christian on it for Collingwood.
Other than being son of Michael, I haven't heard anything about him & I wasn't aware that the Pies have nominated him (at least according to Fox).
I don't believe we have nominated him, more that he's eligible.

Very raw, very young prospect. Was a fringe player for sandringham. I think they'll let him develop another year and see how he goes next year. He is still in high school next year.

also, he hasnt nominated for the draft. He clearly knows he needs another year

Last edited:
While we are still playing Fantasy Football, Is Carlton still eyeing off GWS picks for their pick 10?

Would Carlton accept 16 and 25 for 10?

Could we then do 10 and next year’s first to Essendon for pick 4 and a future 2nd?

Heard a rumour of Finn Callahan heading to the Dogs at the end of next year.

I liked the look of his draft highlights.

He looks like a jet.

Nicky fell into this year's draft age by about 1-2 days.
He was in year 11 and will play at Melbourne Grammar (and possibly Prahran) next season
He was sensible not to nominate this season.
Hopefully he improves significantly next season, but not every father son prospect will make the level unfortunately.
I'd be surprised if he is at the level in 12 months time though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back