List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The impression that I got from that article is that Hoppers contract is up. Pretty unlikely that he signs a one year contract to go as a free agent next year. It'd be now or never.

Yesterday was the first time I'd seen Logue. He looked goof. I didn't pay attention to where and why they fell down but for that group to have coughed up a fair few hot spot marks to our medium forwards in the wet wasn't a good effort.

I look at footywire for contract info and they have him contracted until 2023 when he is an RFA: AFL Out of Contract Players in 2023

It's usually pretty accurate but they have been known to be wrong from time to time.

It's pretty common for players to have contracts up to FA though.

I thought it may mean GWS need to off load Hopper even though he's contracted.

Whatever it is I'd be interested. He's a good player in a good age profile and an area of need. He makes a lot of sense for us as a target.

Last edited:
I look at footywire for contract info and they have him contracted until 2023 when he is an RFA: AFL Out of Contract Players in 2023

It's usually pretty accurate but they have been known to be wrong from time to time.

It's pretty common for players to have contracts up to FA though.

I thought it may mean GWS need to off load Hopper even though he's contracted.

Whatever it is I'd be interested. He's a good player in a good age profile and an area of need. He makes a lot of sense for us as a target.

Would love Tarranto has more versatility then Hopper imo, can also go forward and score. Hopper bit more 1 dimensional imo.

Would love Tarranto has more versatility then Hopper imo, can also go forward and score. Hopper bit more 1 dimensional imo.

Both good and Taranto the better player. Reckon Hopper is a better kick and more gettable.

1653360853204.png

Just having a look at the above, I think it is wishful thinking to believe we can grab Brisbane's First.

I think it is more likely we target either their current 2nd round pick (35) or any 2nd round pick they trade in for points for their first round pick this year (17).

I think the following are good trade options for us as an example:

• Collingwood give 2 of picks 42,46,47 for Brisbane's Pick 35 (EG 42 and 46 for 35)
  • Collingwood give 42,46,47 for Brisbane's 35 and 44

Either option gives us 1x 1st,2nd & 3rd round pick

I've liked what I've seen of Amartey. A really agile tall. I haven't seen enough of him, but with what I have I find it hard to pick a best position. I think you're right though.

I'd like someone who can hold down key forward in their own right, and maybe pinch hit in the ruck even if they're not great there. Finding that is easier said than done.

Yeah most definitely. I’d love a number 1 key forward type to allow Checkers and Kreuger to play those supporting key forward roles and Checkers in particular could be really damaging that way.

Peter Wright would have been perfect but that’s highly unusual to get that type of forward through a trade without spending up big.

I suspect we’ll have to find that type through the draft and my hope is we can address that this draft.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

View attachment 1407823

Just having a look at the above, I think it is wishful thinking to believe we can grab Brisbane's First.

I think it is more likely we target either their current 2nd round pick (35) or any 2nd round pick they trade in for points for their first round pick this year (17).

• Collingwood give 2 of picks 42,46,47 for Brisbane's Pick 35 (EG 42 and 46 for 35)

For such a poor team we really have a rat s**t draft hand.

Also at those draft ranges might as well keep your 40s picks rather then move up the order only 7 positions in a 2 for 1. Just as likely to pick up a player with your 2 picks vs the 1 35.

Yeah most definitely. I’d love a number 1 key forward type to allow Checkers and Kreuger to play those supporting key forward roles and Checkers in particular could be really damaging that way.

Peter Wright would have been perfect but that’s highly unusual to get that type of forward through a trade without spending up big.

I suspect we’ll have to find that type through the draft and my hope is we can address that this draft.

Do you think we are a flag threat? Even with Peter Wright?

Both good and Taranto the better player. Reckon Hopper is a better kick and more gettable.

You suspect the Giants won’t want to lose Taranto which makes Hopper the more gettable.

I’d happily take either.

If we could use a future pick on one of those two, our first this year on a key forward and use some other picks or players to grab Highmore and Payne then that’d go a long way to fixing some issues in our best 22.

I think Logue would cost more than Payne and that’d potentially take us out of a trade for Hopper/Taranto

View attachment 1407823

Yep. That Brisbane first is no chance for our 3 3rd rounders - we'd need to cough up a fair bit more.

Is Ashcroft a certainty to nominate Brisbane anyway? Plus I'm expecting us to try to find a couple more cheapies like Lipinski and Kreuger to fix our depth - that's where the 3rds may come in to use.

Same as last year basicallly. Not ideal…

Lol the funny thing is half the board thinks we are on the up and up and priming for a finals assault...they scared of a few years of pain to build a genuine flag threat long term team.

Want the easy stay competitive never the best but there about sides...like Geebung sans there last 3 flag team which was built through the draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep. That Brisbane first is no chance for our 3 3rd rounders - we'd need to cough up a fair bit more.

Is Ashcroft a certainty to nominate Brisbane anyway? Plus I'm expecting us to try to find a couple more cheapies like Lipinski and Kreuger - that's where the 3rds may come in to use.

Sounds like Ashcroft is a genuine 50/50 not to, could be another Marc Murphy for Brisbane.

Sounds like Ashcroft is a genuine 50/50 not to, could be another Marc Murphy for Brisbane.
Yep I read an article where it sounded like that, but he also could just be angling for a contract extension on good terms. Or it might be that he wants to stay in Vic and it depends on whether he will get there via the draft.

Hopper would be a great target. A guy you'd expect to be a 25 disposal, 4-6 clearance, 4 tackle mid is exactly what we need. This year or next with free agency I'd be happy.

Personally I think we should let GWS keep both Hopper and Taranto… instead we’ll just take Tom Green off their hands to alleviate their salary cap issues.

The player I’d like to throw the kitchen sink at is Weitering from Carlton.

Better than May.
A natural leader and one hell of a back line general.
Solves so many issues.
It’d also be nice to shaft Carlton.

I know it’s a pipe dream.
But it’s a good one.

The player I’d like to throw the kitchen sink at is Weitering from Carlton.

Better than May.
A natural leader and one hell of a back line general.
Solves so many issues.
It’d also be nice to shaft Carlton.

I know it’s a pipe dream.
But it’s a good one.

If contract rumours of their recruits are in any way reliable, they've got to be hitting cap issues before too long with McKay, Curnow, Weitering and Walsh all likely to expect much higher next contracts.

He's a better defender than May, but not as good an intercepting mark.

If contract rumours of their recruits are in any way reliable, they've got to be hitting cap issues before too long with McKay, Curnow, Weitering and Walsh all likely to expect much higher next contracts.

He's a better defender than May, but not as good an intercepting mark.

ha ha ha.. this is Carlton we are talking about.. they've got bags of room under the salary cap. enough room to recruit a couple more on 800k-plus no doubt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back