Review Dees v Hird's Turds: the Good, the Bad & the Fugly in 24-BIT

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm pretty that even after the universe collapses into a singularity again, the pain of being a Melbourne supporter will continue.
If that is all that remains to agitate the singularity into exploding from its infinite density, an eternity in hell would be a picnic compared to what the next universe will face.

The value of the second round picks. Spargo and Fritsch (draft) and Melksham and Hibberd (trade) were amongst the best on the ground after Max.

Pretty much identical situation to last year now - with a shittier percentage mind you.

Very random observation but Dom Tyson should never call for the ball in the forward 50. To actually know he was going to miss from 25m directly in front is pretty alarming.

Good game
- Omac solid again,
- welcome back Tmac,
- Spargo is a jet,
- hope Hoges is ok,
- love Hannan and Fritta,
- Gawn dominant,
- Salem underrated
- Jetta solid as a rock
- consistent Clarry

Our o ball lineup looks shithouse when we have Jones, Brayshaw or Tyson in there. We need Trac back playing with intensity, plus the pit bull when he’s ready to go. And I’d love to see us get ANB in there for long stints.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Good:
Fritsch and Melksham put in huge games.
Spargo put in a very good game, and Hannan did very well.
Gawn was BOG for me.
I like the idea of T.McDonald and Hogan switching between the forward line and a roaming position (if that is what they are doing).

The Bad:
ANB was invisible.
Hunt has to work harder on his disposal.
The entire first half.

The Fugly:
Still not a fan of going up the wing(s). Dee's ran away with the game when they cut up the middle (it seemed to me).

Good game
- Omac solid again,
- welcome back Tmac,
- Spargo is a jet,
- hope Hoges is ok,
- love Hannan and Fritta,
- Gawn dominant,
- Salem underrated
- Jetta solid as a rock
- consistent Clarry

Salem underrated??. Hi Mr Salem, sorry, but i thought your son was trash today.

Wagner>Salem

Good
- Actually having the chutzpah to change it up at half time. Suddenly we had run and carry, a clearer forward line and the players looked like they had purpose.
- Gawn absolutely monstered old mate LeanBurger. Ran him around the ground everywhere.
- Our mids actually took advantage of Gawn's dominance.
- OMac, TMac, Melk, Hannan, Fritta and Spargo were great all day.
- Jones and Lever looked like different players in the second half.

Bad
- That first half was the absolute worst football I've seen in quite some time.
- Oliver was much quieter than usual.
- Hogan's injury

Fugly
- Tyson has turned to s**t since his week off.
- Lewis and Vince were useless.
- That angry little Essendon supporter that needs some serious anger management therapy.

Good
Winning despite playing our worst football for the year. Have a feeling we won't see a good quality Essendon v Melbourne game while both teams are coming off shortened breaks bc of ANZAC round
Winning despite Oliver being quiet and no real inside ball winners without Trac and Viney
Brayshaw finding some of the ball in the first half
Spargo looks like a top 10 pick
Melksham, plays well under pressure
Fritta a jet
OMac as always, I'm not even surprised when he plays well now
Even a rusty TMac made us look 100% better as a side, as he builds form our forward efficiency will get even better

Bad
Tyson is obviously the kind of player that will never be good unless 100% fit and having a good run at it. Lacks resilience
Brayshaw's use of the ball
Jones' use of the ball

Fugly
Essendon are laughably s**t. Further backs my claim that they only made finals last year off the back of a soft draw. They'll spend 2-3 years in the bottom six

Bad: Weid did nothing until the last quarter.

Just on this, I reckon it’s exactly the reason he SHOULDNT be dropped. Showed quite a bit in that last quarter with a bit of confidence.
Imagine if he carried that into the next game?

Persist with him for a decent stretch Imo.
Also draws a tall away from hogan/tmac

Good: Gawn, Melksham, Spargo, Hannan, Nev, Oliver, TMAC, OMAC

Bad: Jones. ******* ordinary game. Lewis, was a total passenger. Weid did nothing until the last quarter.

Fugly: Tyson. Should be dropped like a gun.

Respect your opinion tempy but miles off with the Jones call, and dropping Tyson would be stupid. Jones lead the way with his physicality today, why don’t you call out your favourite in ANB? He was horrid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back