Review Dees v Lions: Good, Bad and Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, having slept on that abomination:

Good: Nothing, honestly that was tripe.

Bad: Everything.

Ugly: Gawn injury. Tmac. Midfield playing like a bunch of road workers leaning on shovels watching a bloke dig a hole, except the bloke is Gawn cooked on the bench. Loosing to Brisbane making them look like the Harlem Globetrotters when in reality we were just pathetically bad and they are still Brisbane.

The only positive from that game is we simply cannot play any worse than that for the rest of the season.

Well, having slept on that abomination:

Good: Nothing, honestly that was tripe.

Bad: Everything.

Ugly: Gawn injury. Tmac. Midfield playing like a bunch of road workers leaning on shovels watching a bloke dig a hole, except the bloke is Gawn cooked on the bench. Loosing to Brisbane making them look like the Harlem Globetrotters when in reality we were just pathetically bad and they are still Brisbane.

The only positive from that game is we simply cannot play any worse than that for the rest of the season.
But we save our worst for Collingwood and Sydney. Can't wait for those games!!

The loss is bad enough, but the way we looked, and Max' injury, you wonder if we have it in us to actually contend this season, and that's pretty hard to think about. I don't rate Brisbane either, so their turn around after the Port match so be it, don't reckon they're beating either of Sydney/Collingwood/Geelong etc anyway.

Just a dog s**t night, 2019 stuff. Felt like last year was a massive chance to win a flag at the MCG, now seems other teams have improved, we really don't look like we have.

Realistically we should beat WC and Essendon, lose to Sydney, 3-2 after 5, I'd ******* take it after last nights abomination.

The loss is bad enough, but the way we looked, and Max' injury, you wonder if we have it in us to actually contend this season, and that's pretty hard to think about. I don't rate Brisbane either, so their turn around after the Port match so be it, don't reckon they're beating either of Sydney/Collingwood/Geelong etc anyway.

Just a dog s**t night, 2019 stuff. Felt like last year was a massive chance to win a flag at the MCG, now seems other teams have improved, we really don't look like we have.

Realistically we should beat WC and Essendon, lose to Sydney, 3-2 after 5, I'd ******* take it after last nights abomination.
No guarantees we beat any side tbh. Predicting wins is so bloody difficult. With Max out, question marks over May, our forwardline and F50 entries still disastrous, and most other sides improving, there's no guaranteed wins anymore. WCE away is tricky and the Bombers we play interstate as well. Yeah we should win both but foolish to lock them in.

Our wingers have had little to no impact first 2 games. We're not looking for them or using them. It's actually a strength of ours but so far first 2 rounds they have had bare minimum impact on the games. Avg 16 and 17 touches with only the 1 goal between them. Little to no impact so far

Yep exactly. I'm confused as to why it's happening tbh. I thought they were gonna be a big weapon for us.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Our midfield has the ability to look around at each other and go yep, Gawn, Oliver, Trac, Viney yeah we're the best in the business we're gonna win it and they need to stop us. When they start losing they have no ability to suck up their egos and just lock it down. We lose em badly because Oliver will hit the contest at a million miles an hour, not get the ball and then he's out of it once the lion's grab it.
Doesn't help that people in the media like cam Mooney pumping them up saying they are the most talented. Feels like it's been there since 2016 when we beat gws round 1 then lost to Bendigo bombers in round 2.

Doesn't help that people in the media like cam Mooney pumping them up saying they are the most talented. Feels like it's been there since 2016 when we beat gws round 1 then lost to Bendigo bombers in round 2.
Our midfield is so overrated. After Trac and Oliver it falls away horribly badly. Meanwhile Brisbane just inserted a number one draft pick who played with more composure than Oliver.

Think about this, we haven't added anyone who plays in the midfield to the best 22 since 2016. Not counting the wingers or Koz. Said it before the season started and I'll keep saying it, we need another quality mid. We are way too thin and way to similar.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think about this, we haven't added anyone who plays in the midfield to the best 22 since 2016. Not counting the wingers or Koz. Said it before the season started and I'll keep saying it, we need another quality mid. We are way too thin and way to similar.
The Freo pick could be huge in that regard.

Until we take some project key forward to replace the retiring Brown
Would be showing very little faith to Van Rooyen and Jefferson right after being drafted.

Would be showing very little faith to Van Rooyen and Jefferson right after being drafted.
Surely we grab mids and forward half dangerous smalls in the next draft!? Not convinced Swallow is going to become anymore than a C Grader. JJ works hard but has no weapons. Koz looks a Jet through the middle but 50/50 whether he sticks around..we're desperate for some fresh blood through the middle and smalls forward of centre. Deathriding Freo massively this season.

Our midfield is so overrated. After Trac and Oliver it falls away horribly badly. Meanwhile Brisbane just inserted a number one draft pick who played with more composure than Oliver.
yeah i'm worried about our midfield, have been for a while. after 2021 other teams went to work on their midfields making them stronger. we've sat on our hands and still rely on Oliver and Petracca way too much. if either of them has an off night we're pretty much stuffed.
Harmes is a witches hat, Viney is an aging battering ram with no skill whatsoever, and Sparrow won't ever be a top line mid, same as Jordon. Dunstan also has poor skills and can't even get a game.
Kozzie going inside is a good move, but how long much longer will he be around? they need to do whatever it takes to get an A grade mid at this years draft, or two if Kozzie leaves, or we risk wasting the best years of Oliver and Tracs careers.

Worst night ever.

Too many plodders in the midfield. You would hope they respond and Viney was just underdone. If Kozzy is going to Port then need to get one of their young mids in return. Trade Sparrow to the crows for a first round pick and bundle it up with the rest for pick 1.
What in the s**t is this post

Would be interested to know how many corridor kicks we took on compared to say Collingwood or Geelong, not many. Defaulted to safe dump kicking as if it works and Max was still there. Then got beaten up when it became a ground ball contest. Brayshaws was our best of the night that went end to end for an easy goal.

Would be interested to know how many corridor kicks we took on compared to say Collingwood or Geelong, not many. Defaulted to safe dump kicking as if it works and Max was still there. Then got beaten up when it became a ground ball contest.
Even the corridor kicks we took were mostly 50ms to a contest. We can't find 25m kicks to a free man ever.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back