Review Dees v West Horsham: the Good, Bad & Fugly - Rd 19, 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

We haven't beaten any good sides, let alone buried them??

I said bury teams (not good teams) like we did in our 6 game run. Last year we didn’t do that. Now the next step is to beat good teams.

We'll never bury teams if we continue to play melksham in the team.

Exactly. Too much of a thickened cream and malted vibe to this side. Needs more Wagner.

Not really. I'd want my team to display better instincts than this. Do we bury teams or do we give them a sniff and let them back into the game? Good teams do the former. We do the latter. We played one good quarter of football and that's about it. If you're happy with that, don't be surprised when we keep giving up leads and losing against mediocre teams.

Agree.

Crows definitely got some energy in the last because they thought we would fold - too many went into their shells.

Add in Viney, Hibberd & Lever - three leaders with their actions - and I think we'd be better in these situations...

We're in a weird spot where our experienced guys (Jones, Lewis, Vince) are at a stage where they can't stand up regularly - they are slowly getting over the hill - and our younger guys aren't quite mature enough to hold their nerve.

We've probably got TMac & Gawn as the two guys who do it - and they aren't the ones driving the ball for us.

We won though, therefore everything is fine. If we lost though, pitchforks.

Didn’t say we don’t have things to work
On, but we did things better than last week.

I said bury teams (not good teams) like we did in our 6 game run. Last year we didn’t do that. Now the next step is to beat good teams.

I’m happy we won, can we get better yes. But geez enjoy a win. We’ve shown this year we can bury teams, we can get better at burying good sides.

Playing the quarter "completely differently" for me would have been pressing on and winning by 10 goals. The players retreated into their shells and let the Crows have the run of play - against the Cats, we at least kicked some goals in the 4th while the match was still in the balance. That the rain helped make it a scrap (suits us) and that Tailor Swift and Leroy Jenkins aren't Tom Hawkins is why we looked more settled.

We have a 5 goal lead at three quarter time two weeks in a row and we play to get overrun in the fourth. It's bizarre.
It’s our sense of drama

Probably started in the back 50, he's easily the hardest worker in the side.

They highlighted on the Sunday footy show, both he and trac started at the original stoppage.

ThePuppetMaster agree with your Omac assessment. He's been weak in the core again and he's forcing blokes to peel off their opponent to help him everytime. In modern day footy it's enough to just be a negator, if you spoil and the crumbs and up being snapped it's not a win because your opponent didn't kick the goal

Did I do a Trump and say the wrong word. Need instead of can. My bad :p

Look mate I hear you and on some level completely agree with you. But despite the comeback it was good to see we held on.

Last year we had opportunities to bury port, saints and lions in the later half of the year and we failed to do so and it cost us percentage and finals spot. We now have the 2nd/3rd best percentage in the league on the back of big wins over dogs, Carlton, freo, Gold Coast.

The next step is to beat the good sides in the top 8. Mind you aside from tigers and to lesser extent the eagles,
no top 8 side has been dominant this year.

And they will keep learning on how to capitalise 5 goal leads into 8 goal wins and shut the game out against good sides.

Big summer in the gym for Oscar. Has the confidence on field now, but needs to go away and work on his strength

Didn’t say we don’t have things to work
On, but we did things better than last week.

I'm really not sure we did. We kicked a point in the last quarter before icing the game in the last 30 seconds. Adelaide are 12th and were two men down. We were about the same, the opposition were worse than last week.

Anyway, we've both made our points, so let's drop it.

I'm really not sure we did. We kicked a point in the last quarter before icing the game in the last 30 seconds. Adelaide are 12th and were two men down. We were about the same, the opposition were worse than last week.

Anyway, we've both made our points, so let's drop it.

Out of interest who was the second player? Seedsman was the only listed injury

Out of interest who was the second player? Seedsman was the only listed injury

McGovern, but I read now he finished the game out in some shape or form. One down then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure about all in for the song at this time of year. Good to see passion, but we have history of over celebrating wins in the past.

Beat the Sun's and Swans and we should be Cemented in the 8.
Foreshadowing

I'm stoked with holding on for a win, even if it's against average opposition with players down in the pouring wet with what should have been an unassailable lead.

Gotta learn to hold your nerve somehow, will the win give us a little confidence in similar situations.

Just stoked we won really :D

4pts. Honourable losses are just 4pts lost. We got them. We are keeping them. And we did it on the road against a hostile crowd following a team that was until grand final day last year was the form team of 2017.

You've got to accentuate the positive
Eliminate the negative
Latch on to the affirmative
Don't mess with Mister In-Between.

Want to add some more good besides our usual stars:

Frosty looking great down back, disposal still bad but defending really well
Never been a big Harmes fan but he is playing his role so well, loving it
Gartlett - messed up a few shots but he did some great link work and goal assists
I've also been hard on Lewis but his last few weeks have been great, I hope he keeps it up

Oscar will be fine. We're asking a lot of a 22-year old defender, particularly a beanpole late draft pick, but he's playing well. Two big pre-seasons will have him primed, with hopefully a fit Lever alongside him.

Bullfrog lovers cricket lovers unicorn lovers i got the news good news for YA animal lovers bulfrog lovers come on in for YA

Queen of sheeba queen elizabeth

This man is totally MAD

Suck it Horsham

Regards,
Toump Ass
Well this is a fantastic post, I’m enjoying this thread today!

Incoming: Gargantuan hangover.

****s given: less than zero.

Massive anxiety attack unescapable when I check my phone tomorrow morning. What did I say last night? Who cares. Cant wait to order a takeaway curry and watch the game again.

We're playing finals this year, how ******* good is that?

Go you beautiful thing!!!!
Gotta win two more Toumpy, don’t get too bloody excited

Gotta win two more Toumpy, don’t get too bloody excited
Lid was definitely off last night, it's been a rough day!

I think we'll be safe with a win over GCS, a lot of results seem to have fallen our way recently. Hawks & Bombers playing each other helps and both those clubs have a pretty tough run.

That being said I can't see us losing a game from here so it's a moot point :D

Salem was great, only the 15 touches but he had a lot of impact around the ball and played with real aggression again - love him.

Completely agree with this, said in the gamely thread he was one of our best despite not getting the ball too often, did the hard stuff and 1%'s . One of the only players for us that was switched on from the first bounce. Really good game from him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back