Traded Dion Prestia [traded to Richmond with pick 24 for pick 6 and 2017 second rounder]

Remove this Banner Ad

Just went for a run around Princess Park and saw Prestia walking out...
He'd look good in the navy blue :thumbsu:

Could be part of the Gibbs trade I know we were interested in Lyons so maybe Lyons and 13 to Suns, Prestia to Blues and Gibbs to Crows. Simples

Last edited:

SOS has just offered 25 and 45. Will that make him look good in navy blue?

IF they are losing Gibbs it wouldn't be shocking they would be showing interest. Blues could have picks 5 and 13 so would be in a position to get Prestia and Marchbank... Very interesting

He'd look good in the navy blue :thumbsu:

Could be part of the Gibbs trade I know we were interested in Lyons so maybe Lyons and 13 to Suns, Prestia to Blues and Gibbs to Crows. Simples
Oh no.. must be true then.. here take pick 6 and deledio too lol

Wow just wow just so totally wrong

I find it interesting how you can accuse an opinion of being wrong.
I also find it interesting how you think, what you know, seems to outweigh all knowledge of everyone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No doubt an agreement has been reached "in principle" as to Prestia's value. A little under or over for pick 6, the difference will get sorted out. BF opinions won't have any bearing on the outcome.
With nearly 4 days to go in Trade Week there is still a bit to be played out. There are several proposals between different clubs, with different players and/or pick proposals to come into play.
Prestia is a player of value. GC won't be short changed, neither should Richmond be. A deal that is fair to all parties will be reached. Maybe some supporters will be unhappy, but deals shouldn't be done on emotion.
Both clubs will walk away with the best deal they could achieve.

I find it interesting how you can accuse an opinion of being wrong.
I also find it interesting how you think, what you know, seems to outweigh all knowledge of everyone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am smart enough to know that my opinion is no more valid than another mans.

But there is opinion and then there is bombastic hyperbole my reply was to the latter

I don't see how previous pick 6 ' s have any bearing on this. Some have been misses. Some have been hits. The same can be said of any pick in the draft and it has zero impact on this or any future year's outcome.

It's to illustrate that my point that pick six has a very real chance of not turning into a decent player, or at least not as good as Prestia.

No doubt an agreement has been reached "in principle" as to Prestia's value. A little under or over for pick 6, the difference will get sorted out. BF opinions won't have any bearing on the outcome.
With nearly 4 days to go in Trade Week there is still a bit to be played out. There are several proposals between different clubs, with different players and/or pick proposals to come into play.
Prestia is a player of value. GC won't be short changed, neither should Richmond be. A deal that is fair to all parties will be reached. Maybe some supporters will be unhappy, but deals shouldn't be done on emotion.
Both clubs will walk away with the best deal they could achieve.

Well written and thought out

Is this were I say * you and the horse you rode in on ;):thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be honest i am more frustrated with how quiet my club seems atm than what GC are doing. Said it in RFC board that i hope its a tactic.
If we think he is worth a later first round then i would have thought we would have been involved in pick swapping early, who knows?
If they have a winning plan and want us on the edge of our seats well, job well done.
Now that's the last time i will speak honestly, back to flogging GC, or is it Cats, i don't know.

One problem though. Next year's top picks are touted to feature KPPs in the higher end, something that we are desperate for. So, I wouldn't trade next year's first very quickly lest we finish lowly (which is looking likely even with Prestia) and miss out on a gun KPF or KPD.

Whilst what you say is true but you do need to give up something decent for Prestia.

This option would get the deal done and why not back yourselves in to finish in a decent spot? Also adding pick 30 might allow you to pick up a KPP type in the mid second round with 27 or 30.

If your really worried about next year perhaps look to trade Lids for Geelongs 2017 1st rounder as that seems about the right price for that deal.

Those happened to be the last two seasons. Nice stat though.
You realise he was All Australian last year, he missed a few games start of the year, that was all.
Hardly a example of a injury prone player.

To be honest i am more frustrated with how quiet my club seems atm than what GC are doing. Said it in RFC board that i hope its a tactic.
If we think he is worth a later first round then i would have thought we would have been involved in pick swapping early, who knows?
If they have a winning plan and want us on the edge of our seats well, job well done.
Now that's the last time i will speak honestly, back to flogging GC, or is it Cats, i don't know.
When do clubs ever announce what they are doing during trade week?

You realise he was All Australian last year, he missed a few games start of the year, that was all.
Hardly a example of a injury prone player.

Just pointing out that saying "he's played less than 19 games only twice in 12 seasons", while technically true is also intended to be misleading.

Some clubs make what they want well known in the media, some clubs dont. Im sure they have there reasons. I can handle being a little anxious about this years trade, was just sayin y'no! thanks for checkin in on me lol.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back