Traded Dion Prestia [traded to Richmond with pick 24 for pick 6 and 2017 second rounder]

Remove this Banner Ad

Easy to say no way, terrible deal - lets see your "scenario"
i gave it, prestia for 6. its a much fairer deal. the whole discussion is about how richmond can give up slightly less than pick 6 by getting something back, so proposing the same deal with another bad trade just stuck on the end is entirely pointless.

i gave it, prestia for 6. its a much fairer deal. the whole discussion is about how richmond can give up slightly less than pick 6 by getting something back, so proposing the same deal with another bad trade just stuck on the end is entirely pointless.
Exactly, one of the few easy trades in recent times, clearly as close to value for both clubs as it gets

No problems ... Pick 6 by itself does not work for either side, dont think it meets either sides objectives. But lets wait and see.

I think the Tigers want a pick in the top 10 this year ... might have their eye on a tall in this draft, trading pick 6 by itself is a step too far for the boys a punt road. IMHO GC might accept banking a pick for 2017 from either O'Meara or Prestia.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No problems ... Pick 6 by itself does not work for either side, dont think it meets either sides objectives. But lets wait and see.

Pick 6 should suit GC. Whether they use it or trade it, it's a valuable asset.

Having picks 4, 6 and 8 would put Gold Coast in an excellent position.

I don't know who they'd be targeting from other clubs but 3 picks in the top 10 and the cap space created by Prestia and O'Meara going gives them options.

Wow! Obviously they rate him much higher than Treloar.
And just remind me again what Treloar was valued at in picks?

Pick 6 for Prestia is as close as you'll ever see in a player for pick trade. If Prestia was valued pick wise before he amazingly nominated Richmond, 5-8 would have been most intelligent persons valuation.

Prestia for pick 6 gives Richmond a mature gun, pick 6 for Gold Coast gives them either a young player with potential or more likely the ability to get a very good mature mid into their team.

If Richmond stuff around with this deal, Prestia may well entertain other Melbourne clubs offers, clubs who can immediately get a deal done. It's not as is Richmond is a great and contending destination. Prestia may well change his mind if he sees Richmond floundering at the trade table and let's be honest, that is Richmond's recent form!

Except he's already said he wants to go to Richmond and is prepared to enter the draft to do so. Richmond will offer a fair trade, but it won't include pick 6 (I hope).
The only way that Richmond don't give up pick 6 in this deal is if GC prefer your 1st rd pick next season. One of the 2 is exchanging hands, 100%. Make no mistake though, it will be GC's preference of the 2, not Richmond's. The deal could expand to include other assets, but it won't be at the expense of a 1st rd pick. Prestia is a proven commodity and still only 23 y/o

Pick 6 should suit GC. Whether they use it or trade it, it's a valuable asset.

It takes 2 to tango ... but as I said above dont think Tigers wont to give up Pick 7 by itself. They will be pushing for pick 4 or 9 which obviously GC wont want to give.

GC will want players, but all signs point to players are more likely to come from the JOM trade.

Last edited:
Yet somehow you think we'll give far more?

No you will do what is best for you. I think you will push for this type scenerio

Richmond In - Pick 4 & 21 + Prestia
Out - 2017 Ist Round + Pick 6 + Ellis

But Gold Coast Will Want

Gold Coast In - Pick 6 & Ist Round 2017 + Ellis
Out Pick 9 + 28 + Prestia

Essentially one club will try to give less than pick 7 one club will want more than pick 7.

Last edited:
No you will do what is best for you. I think you will push for this type scenerio

Richmond In - Pick 4 & 21 + Prestia
Out - 2017 Ist Round + Pick 7 + Ellis

But Gold Coast Will Want

Gold Coast In - Pick 7 & Ist Round 2017 + Ellis
Out Pick 9 + 28 + Prestia

Essentially one club will try to give less than pick 7 one club will want more than pick 7.
We dont want that at all.
Give us pick 6 and move on.
Richmond have no players of value that we want.

We dont want that at all.
Give us pick 6 and move on.
Richmond have no players of value that we want.

Richmond dont want to give you pick 6 ... they are not offering pick 6 by itself ... stalemate.

He will get to the Tigers one way or another. Ball is now in your court.

Some Richmond supporters want to give you 2 players you dont want ( Ellis & Miles plus you have to cough up pick 27 I know its lauaghable ) .... but I cant take them seriously either.

Last edited:
Except he's already said he wants to go to Richmond and is prepared to enter the draft to do so. Richmond will offer a fair trade, but it won't include pick 6 (I hope).
Enter the national draft or preseason? Because if its Pre season, Essendon will take him at 1, and if its national he will be gone before your club pulls the trigger

Remove this Banner Ad

Back