Review Elimination Final vs WC - Review

Remove this Banner Ad

Too bad Frampton not impressing in ruck. Hopefully it has been a shoulder injury hampering him, otherwise he will not be much of a chop out.
He'll learn! more importantly he know's how to play forward, He can clunk a big grab, he has aggression that everyone bar Charlie lacks, he has decent skills and gets ball around the ground it's time to plug games in ffs

Had he kicked that goal at the end and won us the game, it would have gone down as the single greatest performance by a Port Adelaide player in our AFL history. Alas, it was all for nothing.

Sorry, not by a long shot. How quickly you forget about a little known player we had running around the park who went by the name of Warren Tredrea. Tredders put in this sort of performance every second week. Dixon was good tonite, but he's got a long way to got before he'll can lay claim to the title "single greatest performance by a Port Adelaide player in our AFL history"

Now, if he kicked nine straight...

I have it recorded and am trying to decide whether to watch, save for another time or just delete.

Put it this way, the game will be on the big screen in every pub, bar and club for the next few months . It is on FOXTEL twice in the next few hours. Once more we create some history in a losing effort.

Well you had a chance last night to beat a team that finished in the eight and failed.....again...as you did all year
Hell, even we beat teams in the eight this year lol
Always next year champ :)

Your club is so moronic you finished top 4 sacked your coach and have been a steaming pile ever since. You may never make finals again!!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nice try Champ :)
To play the best at years end you have to have at least beaten the best during the year...you failed
You smashed us, but beating bottom 4 teams wont win you a premiership will it?
Always next year camp :)

Coming to opposition boards acting like an idiot won't improve your team from bottom 4 either. Perhaps you guys should try salary cap cheating.... again.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dixon's effort's in the first half when our midfield was putrid was shades of Roger James in the first quarter of the PF v St Kilda in 2004 when the midfield and everybody else was putrid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would like to see Voss and Chad Cornes swap roles for next season.
Main problem there is the Maggies would probably go backwards. :rolleyes:

I'd support trying it. I think Chad has at least got the league side playing as a unit and that is congratulations to him. Pity the rules will undo that.

Has this board calmed down yet?

Heartbreaking but some real positives out of that. Our defense is set for ages. Put Hombsch and Jonas back into that and WC kick 6 goals. When Hartlett went off the back line in extra time had Bonner, DBJ, Bonner, Houston, Clurey and Pittard- very young. All proved they could play.

The midfield got beaten but Ryder won't be that uninfluential again, Wines is coming into his prime and SPP, Drew and Atley will all be better players next year.

It's the forward line and goal kicking that worries me. Their defensive work is first class but we need more firepower. It looks to me that Marshall is still another year off (his selection was baffling and cost us the game- not him). If Dixon wasn't there, we would have lost by 10 goals as the game would've been done by half time.

Some of the tackling, the desperation and the intensity was finals standard. We need to find more polish in the final third to be a contender.

We lost because we played for tomorrow. The Marshall selection was about what's best for us in 2019. WC played for today- recruiting and playing Mitchell and Petrie shows the different priorities at each club.

I was feeling crook this morning and almost had to run off to the airport toilets for a spew, but luckily I didn't. I thought it must've been all the beers I had but I've had a think and it was definitely last nights game. Also why I didn't back Robbie Gray to get 30 or more disposals when it was paying $21 or $23 I'll never know.

I got upgraded to a seat with more legroom on the plane so that was about my only win for the weekend.

I don't do a lot of bets but this was a joke
My multi doesnt even count apparent (West Coast win 1-24 && Sydney win) because last nights game went to extra time! that's a kick in the guts

Finally have calmed down the results done and dusted what happened happened. Just a few things need to vent

I have a new profound disliking for jarman impey. The audacity to sit back arms crossed when youre team is playing in the most heated game of the year. Fumbles cant kick. Went missing after what one sprint in the first quarter. Package you off with trengove please should never wear our afl jumper again

When your team needs a lift and seasons on the line nothing like your captain going missing

Ryder youre supposed to be a senior leader an example for all underneath and u spit the dummy when things arent going your way

On the brighter side

Where are all the people who called hamish hartlett soft at? Stopped a certain petrie goal by going back and getting whacked. Gets whacked for the team most weeks but still gets slammed. Did it in the 2014 elimination final too. Generally good disposal and hardness he was a positive for mine. Got pretty emotional after the game too id be frustrated too

Darcy byrne jones top 3 in our colors for mine intercepted ran beautifully

Marshall no goals but showed so much. Something happened when he touched or went near the ball. Put some kgs on the off season and big 2018 lies ahead

Bonner beautiful burgoyne like mover. Same type of disposal too. Can kick on both feet and has good decision making good find. We better play hom more than just the closing games in 2018

I was feeling crook this morning and almost had to run off to the airport toilets for a spew, but luckily I didn't. I thought it must've been all the beers I had but I've had a think and it was definitely last nights game. Also why I didn't back Robbie Gray to get 30 or more disposals when it was paying $21 or $23 I'll never know.

I got upgraded to a seat with more legroom on the plane so that was about my only win for the weekend.
What did Robbie end up with?

I don't do a lot of bets but this was a joke
My multi doesnt even count apparent (West Coast win 1-24 && Sydney win) because last nights game went to extra time! that's a kick in the guts

Footytips.com.au has deemed it a draw, so I got 3/4 this week (owing to the 'never tip Richmond' rule).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back